Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive Damage Report!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive

This material is made of black rubber. It's not like it's black rubber and then HT painted it black. So what paint are they referring to, that is flaking off and exposing a white material? :huh

We can't have toy discussion on a toy forum. Anyone wanting to post something between now and getting this figure, can't be up to any good.

If you read the last few pages of the thread, you might get an idea of why someone decided that the conversation needed to take a break.

Not that I agree, but it is what it is.

If you read the last few pages of the thread, you might get an idea of why someone decided that the conversation needed to take a break.

Not that I agree, but it is what it is.

I completely understand the motivation. But, I've never understood the problem so long as people don't start doing offensive stuff. Seems like mods lock stuff down just because they get bored with a thread. Drivel is expected on the interweb. But hey, I don't pay for the forum, so we have to defer to the mods I guess.

This material is made of black rubber. It's not like it's black rubber and then HT painted it black. So what paint are they referring to, that is flaking off and exposing a white material? :huh

Too many people make up what they don't know, or don't think about what they don't know. Not remember the days of the Tumbler? the cries about the black paint on it too... when it never was painted. Take anything matte and buff it up with a fabric cloth. See what the outcome is.

I completely understand the motivation. But, I've never understood the problem so long as people don't start doing offensive stuff. Seems like mods lock stuff down just because they get bored with a thread.

Too many topics on SSF are tribal these days. It's like watching fanboys of Apple or Microsoft, OS X or Windows, AMD/NVIDIA/Intel or Playstaton and XBOX fight out the bit. None end well.

There's always two insane groups and one middle moral group that can usually jump left and right or not take part at all.

Drivel is expected on the interweb. But hey, I don't pay for the forum, so we have to defer to the mods I guess.

This is true. :/ Apparently they think they have the right to voice their opinion. Human rights/free speech and all the excuses under the sun.

I cancelled this PO by accident...:slap Hopefully my waitlist converts.

As for the pictures posted, I'm not really worried about it.

I think Flo was referring to the speculative paranoia.

Yeah, I wasn't aiming that at him and I get that he was really just questioning the validity of this as a real problem at this stage. I just don't understand why a thread for such a high profile figure would be locked. I looked at the thread. I didn't see anything that merited a cease and desist of any relevant discussion. Why make people tiptoe around to talk about something? Seems counterproductive to the purpose of this board. Or am I missing something?

And for the record I don't really care. I haven't been in that thread for so long I didn't even know it was locked. I was just curious.

I think Flo was referring to the speculative paranoia.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Yeah, I wasn't aiming that at him and I get that he was really just questioning the validity of this as a real problem at this stage. I just don't understand why a thread for such a high profile figure would be locked. I looked at the thread. I didn't see anything that merited a cease and desist of any relevant discussion. Why make people tiptoe around to talk about something? Seems counterproductive to the purpose of this board. Or am I missing something?

And for the record I don't really care. I haven't been in that thread for so long I didn't even know it was locked. I was just curious.

I decided to pass on this figure pretty early on during the chaos that was "when will SSC put this up for PO :panic:??" so I don't know much about what transpired but I do know that the DC mods/DLDave plan to re-open it around the time of release through SS, so October-ish? I do see why this is frustrating for those who are buying the figure but I honestly don't have any pull here... And I'm glad I don't. :lol

I cancelled this PO by accident...:slap Hopefully my waitlist converts.

As for the pictures posted, I'm not really worried about it.

1. Start up another false panic thread.

2. People panic and then cancel their order.

3. ???

4. Profit.

I'm surprised to see some people canceling their figures because of one shiny bum photo. The best thing that you can do to keep your sanity is not to get caught up in the hype and panic that are generated in this forum. I'm sure that it's just the matting on the suit rubbing off against the packaging. Since this is essentially the same figure as the original OC Batman, it shouldn't have similar problems as the Dark Knight DX figure. The sky isn't going to fall because of this.

The kids here panic about everything.

Oh Noes Sculpt!!!

Oh Noes NRD!!!

Oh Noes melting!!!

LOLinRL.

Would be best if HT moved away from rubber completely though. . .

Right, the Predators seem pretty stable, whatever they're made of.

Why is the original thread for this figure locked?

Yeah, what?

So this entire thread is based off of one photo of light reflecting off this figures left ass cheek?

Such is life, the ass end of things. :slap

I don't have any cracking on the suit although it gets pretty hot here where I am staying. Probably because I keep most of my stuff in air-conditioned rooms.

2 complains about this figure really, one is the peg keeps falling off and the amount of dust retention this suit has.

DSC_0137.png

DSC_0115.png

DSC_0128.png

DSC_0161.png

DSC_0183.png

Man those are some really great pics torque! October can't come fast enough!!!

While all you pervs are too busy looking at his ass..:nana:..i'm wondering what is going on right above her(?) fingernail.:dunno

It looks kind of 'melty' in that spot..

hmmm,, seen some grey paint on bat's belt... is that paint peel or rub marks?

Back