Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive Damage Report!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive

Why are so many people attracted to this damn thread and the one before it?

1.) It's basically a rerelease of a figure we've already had, OC TDK Batman.

2.) It was available for preorder and will ship next month

3.) Most of the people that have it wouldn't be on this board nor would they speak English.

It's like insects flying around lights or something. It is always getting bumped. Okay, a butt shot that has a little shine on the cheek. I have had a few headsculpts that have had these types of spots on it, it's not oil and it's not leaking, MOVE ON.

This figure has been discussed to death. Lock this thread back up until October or something once everyone who has ordered gets theirs. Then make it a picture thread like the first OC Batman. The last one was locked for a reason, this one should follow suit.

Nothing to contribute now.

Don't hate. Let the people enjoy the fruits of their labor.

3.) Most of the people that have it wouldn't be on this board nor would they speak English.

It's like insects flying around lights or something. It is always getting bumped. Okay, a butt shot that has a little shine on the cheek. I have had a few headsculpts that have had these types of spots on it, it's not oil and it's not leaking, MOVE ON.

This figure has been discussed to death. Lock this thread back up until October or something once everyone who has ordered gets theirs. Then make it a picture thread like the first OC Batman. The last one was locked for a reason, this one should follow suit.

picture.php

Honestly keeping track through earlier released figures is a bonus to those of us who're weary of the leaking issue.

mine has slight rubber deterioration.

Looks like your figure's just suffering from paint rub and a dusty-assed environment.

isis101z, can you take pictures without flash, please?

Fact is if the 2008 OC costume doesn't have this issue - why is this one having it? Rushed production I think

For $225 (or $350 or $400 depending where you got yours), this should not be happening, period.

Not sure if I'll keep my order.
I've avoided rubber figures up until now because of this and if it's happening with this before I even have one that's not a good sign.

Fact is if the 2008 OC costume doesn't have this issue - why is this one having it? Rushed production I think

For $225 (or $350 or $400 depending where you got yours), this should not be happening, period.

Neither the BB suit, the TDK original OC nor the first version of the new suit are leaking. As was suggested with the DX02 suit, it seems like Hot Toys tried some new curing process to cut costs but weren't thoroughly educated on it before hurrying into production and with the rate people are buying these figures, despite QC issues, they really don't have to fix anything because there're no repercussions if they don't. :monkey1

Yeah agreed but i'm not saying this one is leaking, just that the rubber seems to be of a flaky quality, literally.

Yeah agreed but i'm not saying this one is leaking, just that the rubber seems to be of a flaky quality, literally.

:exactly::exactly::exactly: Those latest pictures definitely show the cheap quality of rubber that certainly won't last long. I cancelled my preorder a long time ago just because the price was too outrageous, but after reading this thread, it only supports my actions in doing so. Hot Toys quality control is HORRIBLE lately :mad:

Out of the what.. 2-3000 made, there have been like 5 reports of this. Why panic?

actually im the one who started this thread,
someone on facebook had posted a pic saying the rubber suit melted when he touched it, it was a one off incident and no one else bothered with it actually but a few , now we know only so far people in asia have their hands on this fig, and many like me have this on pre order from sideshow, if indeed there was a problem with the rubber suit ,it had me worrying a but and after around 24 hrs the poster had posted the pic on facebook i checked to see anyone in these forums had reported it, now im guessing most here have pre ordered from sideshow and dont really keep track of HTC community on facebook, i thought if there was a real problem , members would get in touch with sideshow and enquire about the problem if indeed there was rubber suit problem
and the earlier sideshow was brought to notice, more time for them get in touch with HT and correct the problem, i dont usually start topics in forums and usually only read post , but i tried to post in the orignal thread and it was locked, and i wanted fellow collectors to be aware of this problem if it did become a major trouble for us after having one in our hands. i dont think locking this thread would be agood idea, mayne i should have named the thread differntly like hot toys damage report or something,,:dunno

Out of the what.. 2-3000 made, there have been like 5 reports of this. Why panic?

Most people don't care to report on forums or Facebook.

I'm not panicking but we've all seen this happen too many times and usually, the problem is widespread.

Anyway I have 2 of these on order and i'm keeping my order. If I get a flaky one i'll have HT replace it or i'll just sell it.

HT Toy Fairs Batman Begins suit damage/deterioration?

mayne i should have named the thread differntly like hot toys damage report or something,,:dunno

It's not too late to change the title of the name to, "HT Toy Fairs Batman Begins suit damage/deterioration?" You are, after all the topic creator.

Again, looks like paint rub and dust, not rubber deterioration. :dunno

Agreed. It looks like it's a textured, flat paint over the smooth rubber, and I think that's why it's that noticable too, because the texture's missing.

Re: HT Toy Fairs Batman Begins suit damage/deterioration?

It's not too late to change the title of the name to, "HT Toy Fairs Batman Begins suit damage/deterioration?" You are, after all the topic creator.

done :pfft:

Back