Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, Hot Toys can release a porcelain stormtrooper, but '66, Batmobile or Joker. What's the hold up Mr. Chan?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I honestly don't think they're going to make vehicles of any kind anymore. The BTTF2 Delorean doesn't seem to be happening, we never got or heard anything about batfleck's batmobile. I just don't think they're going to bother at this point.

I honestly don't think they're going to make vehicles of any kind anymore. The BTTF2 Delorean doesn't seem to be happening, we never got or heard anything about batfleck's batmobile. I just don't think they're going to bother at this point.

At this point I think the only hope for a '66 Batmobile would be a super expensive custom or someone else getting the license. I would love to see '66 Batman go to Blitzway. I have the Ghostbusters car on PO, which will likely be my last 1/6 vehicle. Would be great to see a company step in and offer Batgirl (with cycle), Joker, Riddler, Penguin, and Julie Newmar Catwoman. Unfortunately, I doubt there's enough money in it to justify otherwise HT would still be pumping out figures for the line.

At this point I think the only hope for a '66 Batmobile would be a super expensive custom or someone else getting the license. I would love to see '66 Batman go to Blitzway. I have the Ghostbusters car on PO, which will likely be my last 1/6 vehicle. Would be great to see a company step in and offer Batgirl (with cycle), Joker, Riddler, Penguin, and Julie Newmar Catwoman. Unfortunately, I doubt there's enough money in it to justify otherwise HT would still be pumping out figures for the line.

Figures toy company does mego style versions of the 66 batman which are really nice!! Just way to many variants.. but I think a company like blitzway could have a goldmine with the license..

If they're not going to release the stupid car and joker after showing it off!!! Then they should let go of the license and have other companies have a go of it.

Right now as far as I'm concerned Hot Toys is under Disney's thumb and other projects are lower on their list.

Other companies' quality are rising to match Hot Toys quality with lower prices. Hot Toys can keep their marvel products as far as I'm concerned but DC should take their licenses back and hand it over to someone who is willing to produce figures.

I agree, give up the license and stop holding it hostage! Blitzway would definitely do this justice.

I don't know how specifically the licensing works, if there is an all encompassing batman license or terms specifically relating to '66, but I doubt they would ever give it up. Maybe they think the Batman and Robin figures didn't do well enough to bother continuing with the line now, but maybe down the line there will be some kind of resurgence. I'm sure they would hate to not have the license then if it happened.

I don't know how specifically the licensing works, if there is an all encompassing batman license or terms specifically relating to '66, but I doubt they would ever give it up. Maybe they think the Batman and Robin figures didn't do well enough to bother continuing with the line now, but maybe down the line there will be some kind of resurgence. I'm sure they would hate to not have the license then if it happened.

They likely paid upfront for the license for a certain time frame. I doubt they could get a refund so why give the license up?

But yes count me as one of the many that hope that this vehicle is available one day. Grail for me.

Not to stoke the fires of this thing any further buuuuuuut.....

Spoiler Spoiler:

I can't tell you how stoked this makes me!! That is so cool that someone in production is a fan of the 66 show. Come on Howard and wtfu and release the batmobile and Romero Joker!

Not to stoke the fires of this thing any further buuuuuuut.....

Spoiler Spoiler:

As much as I want a 1/6 66 Batmobile, if this is true, it's a horrible idea. A prequel Joker movie is a terrible idea in the first place, as the mysterious origins of the Joker is one of the things that make him such a compelling villain. So to also have Thomas Wayne being alive, and also using a classic, iconic vehicle that is well known from a previous Batman show (that is a wildly different tone than all the current DC films), WB is once again setting the film up for failure. I'm willing to bet that one of the producers, who ONLY knows Batman from the 60's show, thought "let's get the classic Batmobile. It'll be awesome, and will be a great nod to the fans".
Prequel films/shows/comics are the fastest way to ruin any character. No one needed to see what Vader (or Boba Fett) was like as a child, or how Han met Chewie, or how the Duke boys acquired the General Lee, or what Wolverine's real name and family were like, or what Hannibal Lector was like as a teenager (or Leatherface for that matter), or what life was like on Krypton before it exploded, etc., etc., etc....

And PLUS - whenever they use an older design for a newer movie, they always change it a little bit (ie. A-Team van in the movie).
I don't want a Joker film '66 Batmobile. I want one that is accurate to either the '66 movie, or the 60's tv show.

As much as I want a 1/6 66 Batmobile, if this is true, it's a horrible idea. A prequel Joker movie is a terrible idea in the first place, as the mysterious origins of the Joker is one of the things that make him such a compelling villain. So to also have Thomas Wayne being alive, and also using a classic, iconic vehicle that is well known from a previous Batman show (that is a wildly different tone than all the current DC films), WB is once again setting the film up for failure. I'm willing to bet that one of the producers, who ONLY knows Batman from the 60's show, thought "let's get the classic Batmobile. It'll be awesome, and will be a great nod to the fans".
Prequel films/shows/comics are the fastest way to ruin any character. No one needed to see what Vader (or Boba Fett) was like as a child, or how Han met Chewie, or how the Duke boys acquired the General Lee, or what Wolverine's real name and family were like, or what Hannibal Lector was like as a teenager (or Leatherface for that matter), or what life was like on Krypton before it exploded, etc., etc., etc....

Whilst I agree, the trend when studios run out of ideas is to do prequels. Some I enjoy like rogue one but most are unnecessary

And PLUS - whenever they use an older design for a newer movie, they always change it a little bit (ie. A-Team van in the movie).
I don't want a Joker film '66 Batmobile. I want one that is accurate to either the '66 movie, or the 60's tv show.

As the saying goes, beggars can't be choosers! This film has brought the biggest chance of this being made so I'd just hope they do if I were you!

I hope this film is a huge hit and stokes lots of Joker love out of Howard. It’s the only way we’ll get 66 Joker and maybe the 66 Batmoblie, if the stars align somehow.

Back