Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When they lauched the Tumbler, it was the Batman Nolan hype. I guess that all the 1/6 tumblers were sold fast. HT thought that there was a lot of money to do with 1/6 vehicules. They developed and showed prototypes of 89 and 66. They launched 89 first but realized that 89 hype was far and even with nostalgia, it was harder to sell than the tumblers... add to this all the QC and shipping problems...
Finally the 66 figures received a half succes, it signed the death sentence of the 66 batmobile... as the delorean part II.

As i’m a 89 fan, i’m so glad the 89 was launched first, but i really feel sad for the 66 lovers...:thud:

Seems pretty on point. I wish I didn’t just miss out on the 89 Batmobile as I just started the hobby when that sold out. I think I’m throwing in the towel on the 66 dream and just chase the 89 down. If they won’t even bring it out for SDCC, I just can’t see a surprise release coming down the pipe any time soon.

Seems pretty on point. I wish I didn’t just miss out on the 89 Batmobile as I just started the hobby when that sold out. I think I’m throwing in the towel on the 66 dream and just chase the 89 down. If they won’t even bring it out for SDCC, I just can’t see a surprise release coming down the pipe any time soon.

You won't regret it, it's overwhelming in hand. I don't know why I waited so long to get it but I'm happy I finally did. Don't worry too much about the scratches as it's impossible to find one without any, on top of that the real car wasn't exactly spotless either.

You won't regret it, it's overwhelming in hand. I don't know why I waited so long to get it but I'm happy I finally did. Don't worry too much about the scratches as it's impossible to find one without any, on top of that the real car wasn't exactly spotless either.

I’ve seen it once in person and if didn’t have my wife(then girlfriend) with me, I probably would plunked down the $800 the shop wanted. Scratches just add a little realism so that’s not an issue for me.

89 is an amazing piece to have. I am still ticked Howard bailed on the 66. If the 66 was confirmed to be released when West and Ward put up for pre-order, it would have done much better.

All good points. Its unfortunate it didn't come out with the figures. At least we got those. Someday, maybe after the marvel stuff dies down, they could revisit this.

Back in the old days, hot toys did surprise us with figure releases. But now that they are locked into these licensing deals its probably not feasible for them.

I like this ... when marvel dies I can wait ..

Today I woke up and found the Black Panther sister .. crown throne.. the father that was dead .. one of this days .. hot toys will make all marvel family tree .. regarding marvel hot toys just have more preferences than to dc comics products

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I asked Sideshow about this during their Live Show chat;

Me: Why were the 1966 Batmobile and BTTF 2 Delorean taken off the RSVP page? Was this an official decision from Hot Toys?

Sideshow (Wyck): Most likely our confidence in the projects happening decreased significantly - but that's not an official statement ��

Me: So you're saying there's still a chance!?! I always have hope

Sideshow (Wyck): hehe - always a chance

Thanks for nothing Howard. Seeing the 66 batmobile hooked me in on collecting 1/6, now not being released is getting me out of collecting. Prices are high, and so much coming out, it's just not fun anymore for me. Just high end toys now with all the releases.
And so much Marvel and Star Wars. Just my opinion.

Thanks for nothing Howard. Seeing the 66 batmobile hooked me in on collecting 1/6, now not being released is getting me out of collecting. Prices are high, and so much coming out, it's just not fun anymore for me. Just high end toys now with all the releases.
And so much Marvel and Star Wars. Just my opinion.

I agree. There is so much coming out that is repetitive and things I have absolutely no interest in. If it wasn't for small run customs, my collection would come to a complete halt.

I have not gotten one figure this year. I just have Tarkin and Vader 2 pack on flex pay with one payment left. If not for the $40 nrd, would cancel. Hopefully Howard releases Romero at least, but not holding my breath.

Another thing of note, the Sideshow RSVP page may or may not be used to gauge interest in products. But even though the 66 Batmobile was on the page you couldn’t sign up to RSVP it, it went to a dead link.

Was anyone here able to sign up for it?

Back