Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giphy.gif

Howard’s already said it won’t be happening. Best that can be hoped for if it makes an appearance is as a display for other ‘66 figures.

Same with the BvS Batmobile. Already confirmed roughly a year ago that it was scrapped and to look for the JL Batmobile. Though I suspect that won’t be happening, either.

After just getting the 89 Batmobile, at least I can understand why HT won't be making these- they're remarkably large and cumbersome to ship and pack. It genuinely looks like one of those projects where HT bit more than they could chew.

After just getting the 89 Batmobile, at least I can understand why HT won't be making these- they're remarkably large and cumbersome to ship and pack. It genuinely looks like one of those projects where HT bit more than they could chew.

Ok .. then explain why .. did they do the 89 and the tumbler .. anyway .? Not so much the 89 batmobile but the tumbler is far more complicated to built, to manufacture, and to assemble no to mention the packing

Any one here who have the 89 batmobile and tumble know what I’m saying ..

Think of something for a minute in terms of mass production plastic and small parts .. if you go in the topic tumbler hot toy there are early pictures and people assembling the tumbler together .. the 66 and the BvS JL batmobile is as less complicated to build as the 89 was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Build complexity wasn't the issue with the 89 Batmobile. As I recall it was the QC nightmare presented by the paint finish and how easily scratched it was in packing and shipping.

Build complexity wasn't the issue with the 89 Batmobile. As I recall it was the QC nightmare presented by the paint finish and how easily scratched it was in packing and shipping.

You right I remember that ..!

I 100% think it'll be there on display probably with the Romero Joker but I don't feel like they'll put it up for order. This like the Millennium Falcon cockpit is destined to be one of those things they just continuously tease us with as a shot of "Hey look what we can do"

Oh well, at least Howard has one in his office. :rolleyes:

The '66 Batman and Batmobile is how I originally got sucked into collecting Hot toys in the first place. So I will believe it when it goes up for pre-order. I'm jaded now with the whole '66 Batmobile baiting.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I don't recall Howard saying it was oficially cancelled. I remember a conversation where he alluded to it still being a possibility in the future, the same with Romero Joker.

Ok .. then explain why .. did they do the 89 and the tumbler .. anyway .? Not so much the 89 batmobile but the tumbler is far more complicated to built, to manufacture, and to assemble no to mention the packing

Any one here who have the 89 batmobile and tumble know what I’m saying ..

Think of something for a minute in terms of mass production plastic and small parts .. if you go in the topic tumbler hot toy there are early pictures and people assembling the tumbler together .. the 66 and the BvS JL batmobile is as less complicated to build as the 89 was

Because the 89 and Tumbler came out many years ago. The cost of manufacturing these 1/6 vehicles aren't the same as they would be today. While nothing makes me happier to have the 66 car finally released, my point was that I can totally see why they've backtracked on them.

It's less about which car is more complex to produce (they all are) but rather how viable it would be to manufacture, ship and accommodate store spaces while still being a worthy business investment when they could just release another Stormtooper repaint.

Because the 89 and Tumbler came out many years ago. The cost of manufacturing these 1/6 vehicles aren't the same as they would be today. While nothing makes me happier to have the 66 car finally released, my point was that I can totally see why they've backtracked on them.

It's less about which car is more complex to produce (they all are) but rather how viable it would be to manufacture, ship and accommodate store spaces while still being a worthy business investment when they could just release another Stormtooper repaint.

What if ..I mean let’s speculate a bit .. what about if the have been finish all this years and hot toy as company have been waiting for some sort of marketing strategy for selling ..then both.

What about the 30th year anniversary of the 89 BATMAN and the decide to come out with a 89 batwing .. base on the production of the batwing animated ( 3 pieces situation .?? )

Think about .. hot toy have to work together with dc comics and others in advance .. a 2 years before movie release.. so they announce the 66 like 4 years ago ..

And the BvS and JL batmobile .. is only the copilot seat / machine gun differences..

If is not non of the above.. then Howard really have a preference with marvel product .

If you have or have seen the new batwing then you know is huge ... and it comes in 3 parts ..
4cdade2fa5dfd1d5209742c63a4b3228.jpg

And now imagine .. and here is the big May be ..!!

8bd4f10026d8e44cf475c8f46e999796.png

What if ..I mean let’s speculate a bit .. what about if the have been finish all this years and hot toy as company have been waiting for some sort of marketing strategy for selling ..then both.

What about the 30th year anniversary of the 89 BATMAN and the decide to come out with a 89 batwing .. base on the production of the batwing animated ( 3 pieces situation .?? )

Think about .. hot toy have to work together with dc comics and others in advance .. a 2 years before movie release.. so they announce the 66 like 4 years ago ..

And the BvS and JL batmobile .. is only the copilot seat / machine gun differences..

If is not non of the above.. then Howard really have a preference with marvel product .

987.gif

That's just not possible in any shape or form. They don't need any marketing for their products and keeping them hold out in storage will only cost them more money due to inventory space.

Well, you can speculate all you want but at the end of the day, money is what makes this business stay afloat. Howard Chan gravitates to Marvel because they sell the most. He himself admitted that.

If you have or have seen the new batwing then you know is huge ... and it comes in 3 parts ..

And now imagine .. and here is the big May be ..!!

I think you might have missed my point there. I DO want the 66 Batmobile and any other 1/6 Bat-vehicles by Hot Toys. I DO believe it's physically possible to make them. What I do not believe is that HT would find such an undertaking a viable business venture in today's high end figure market. They scaled down the TDKR The Bat from 1/6 to 1/12, despite already showing a 1/6 prototype. The 1966 Batman & Robin didn't sold well enough to convince them that this is an accessory most people except me and die hard fans would want, and the manufacturing cost today is not the same as when the prototype was revealed 4-5 years ago.

As for a 1/6 1989 Batwing, there's no way in hell that's happening. The DC Collectibles Animated Batwing was in 1/12 scale and the materials are nowhere near as high quality as the ones used for a HT vehicle.

This has nothing to do with what you, me or anyone else want. I'm just reiterating that it would be quite the undertaking for HT to do these today. These things need to sell, they occupy shelf space- space that retailers could use for other, faster moving products. Their Part II Delorean didn't happened either and like I said after owning one of their 1/6 vehicles, I can finally understand why.

Last edited:
I don't recall Howard saying it was oficially cancelled. I remember a conversation where he alluded to it still being a possibility in the future, the same with Romero Joker.

I don't know which interview it was exactly, but it stood out from his regular vague responses in how direct it was.

Edit: Last mention was a 2017 interview, "The Joker will be announced when the timing is right since the prototype is already developed. As for the batmobile we currently don't have any plans at the moment"

Last edited:
I don't know which interview it was exactly, but it stood out from his regular vague responses in how direct it was.

Edit: Last mention was a 2017 interview, "The Joker will be announced when the timing is right since the prototype is already developed. As for the batmobile we currently don't have any plans at the moment"

I'm sure in one of these interviews or conversations he mentioned they'd be doing more 1/4 scale stuff than they have previously. I'll be very dissapointed if there is nothing new in that scale shown, that is something other than Iron Man and Nolan Batman.

There was a rumour on another thread of a Lynda Carter Wonder Woman. That would be awesome to see along with 66 Batman stuff but I won't get my hopes up.

That's just not possible in any shape or form. They don't need any marketing for their products and keeping them hold out in storage will only cost them more money due to inventory space.

Well, you can speculate all you want but at the end of the day, money is what makes this business stay afloat. Howard Chan gravitates to Marvel because they sell the most. He himself admitted that.

I think you might have missed my point there. I DO want the 66 Batmobile and any other 1/6 Bat-vehicles by Hot Toys. I DO believe it's physically possible to make them. What I do not believe is that HT would find such an undertaking a viable business venture in today's high end figure market. They scaled down the TDKR The Bat from 1/6 to 1/12, despite already showing a 1/6 prototype. The 1966 Batman & Robin didn't sold well enough to convince them that this is an accessory most people except me and die hard fans would want, and the manufacturing cost today is not the same as when the prototype was revealed 4-5 years ago.

As for a 1/6 1989 Batwing, there's no way in hell that's happening. The DC Collectibles Animated Batwing was in 1/12 scale and the materials are nowhere near as high quality as the ones used for a HT vehicle.

This has nothing to do with what you, me or anyone else want. I'm just reiterating that it would be quite the undertaking for HT to do these today. These things need to sell, they occupy shelf space- space that retailers could use for other, faster moving products. Their Part II Delorean didn't happened either and like I said after owning one of their 1/6 vehicles, I can finally understand why.

100% agreeyand understand you last part there ..

Back