Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When batmobile was displayed , I heard it was a big draw at sdcc. I am sure it would still be a big draw. To me its the most iconic vehicle ever made.

When batmobile was displayed , I heard it was a big draw at sdcc. I am sure it would still be a big draw. To me its the most iconic vehicle ever made.

The thing that I'm curious about is if it wouldn't be a bigger success than the figures. 1/6th is a niche market, but the Barris Batmobile has an almost cult like following, and you'd surely get, at least, some of those who would just buy it as a stand-alone piece.

I'm not interested in just about any figure they make from the 66 series being in my collection. However, the 66 Batmobile would be an instant buy for me. Was happy when they announced it at SDCC a few years ago and have been waiting for the preorder to go up ever since. So yes batfan08, people will buy it as a stand alone piece. Well, I can only say for certain that this person would. I know I can't be the only one.

There are alot of fans of the show who watched it as kids in the 60's and 70's who now have disposable income who would probably buy it as a stand alone or key center piece of a collection.

With 1:6 vehicles, space is a big factor. The Tumbler is a short vehicle compared to the real Batmobiles from the TV series or Tim Burton movies.
Also, the demand for 60s Batman TV series doesn't seem that high. I don't think the Batman & Robin figure sold that well. So that was a red flag for Hot Toys.
I'm still hopeful. It might be announced in a year or 2 when the Marvel studios stuff dies down. If that ever happens.

There are alot of fans of the show who watched it as kids in the 60's and 70's who now have disposable income who would probably buy it as a stand alone or key center piece of a collection.

I can totally see car collectors getting this piece without an interest in the figures. I myself have some 1/18 scale cars; I'm not concerned that there aren't any figures to go with 'em.

The only reason I bought the '66 Batman and Robin was to stick in the Batmobile. I really wish this would go on preorder sometime in the semi-near future. I agree with everyone else about it's iconic status. If the '89 Batmobile or the DeLorean can sell, there's no reason why this wouldn't have success.

The thing that I'm curious about is if it wouldn't be a bigger success than the figures. 1/6th is a niche market, but the Barris Batmobile has an almost cult like following, and you'd surely get, at least, some of those who would just buy it as a stand-alone piece.

Definitely. General car nuts would buy it too.

I think any big fan of the show and car would think about buying it. I do not want to have to resort to buying the 1/12 toy version. I want this badly to be released.

Rumors are a dime a million on the internet- not buying into it until I see the official HT preorder up

I wouldn't be surprised if that rumor originated here with the "I want a Yvonne Craig batgirl" thread. At any rate, I'm also at the point that I discount everything being discussed about the '66 hot toys line unless I see the pre-order up on Sideshow. I'm no longer going to entertain any false hopes.

An official no has yet to be announced. I am still hopeful. Thanks again wwejedi for posting yet another negative reply. Way to not contribute.

Back