Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we have one shot left and that is the 50th anniversary. If the car is not made available at that time, then I'm moving on as this would be the most opportune time for them.

If HT doesn't continue this line, I'm sure there are companies that would gladly swoop in. That's one of the frustrating things about them having these licenses. On the positive side they really produce excellent quality figures and set the bar high. But while the sales might be disappointing for HT's business model, a smaller company might be thrilled. Personally I think Hot Toys is probably big enough now that they could spin off one or even two smaller, more entrepreneurial companies to take on those types of B- or C-tier products. It could be a way to continue earning revenue, satisfying fans and collectors, and dominating the market without cannibalizing their profits or detracting from the big licenses like Star Wars, Marvel and DC. The spinoff company(ies) could have more modest targets and still tap into HT resources, vendors and in-house talent. The runs would be smaller, the pricing may need to be higher, and maybe there might be some other compromises such as limited accessories in order to keep profit margins viable. I'd imagine HT would probably want to still do the '66 Batmobile under their main brand if they ever release it, but they could certainly turn over figures like Batgirl, Catwoman, Joker, Riddler and Penguin to a spin off company. The company could also handle other underserved licenses like Aliens, Terminator, Prometheus, BTTF, etc.

Due to space limitations, I couldn't buy one -- but I really, really hope they make it! It is by far my favorite batmobile.

I don't want to start hoping for this again but the 50th Anniversary would be an excellent time to put it up for PO. If HT can waste their time on the stupid Bat vehicle then they obviously have money to burn and can do the '66 Batmobile.

Back