Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who needs a couch or dining table. Make room!!! This is a must have. All your friends and family will pretty much know what this is and will go nuts over it. These car has mass appeal, not just to hot toys collectors.

You're right. Plus I already have the '66 Batman and Robin, so I pretty much have to get this if it ever does go up for order, right?

I have said this before and people have said I was wrong that their is not enough appeal there. I am a fan of the show and also a car enthusiast. Seeing pics of 66 online at sdcc 2012 got me into collecting. Now I have 10 premium format figures, 200 1/6 figures, 15 neca 1/4 scale figures, 89 batmobile, 5 premium art prints later, and more items, and I am still wanting and waiting for this. This can draw interest from outside of the hobby.

Exactly!!, I know for a fact that people that do not collect figures, vintage or high end toys and props...who don't even know who Adam West /what his "job" was......will buy in a hart beat this car in this scale, they just love the concept design and aura of it which is what have made it an instant icon without barriers or putting it in a single or couple of interest groups as other collectables are.

As an example, when a person saw my Hot Toys Delorean he was so impresed and shock that he tried in more than a dozen ways to purchase the model right there, I told him "no thanks" but offer to find one for him, I did , at a good price to boot...the model sit in a custom made table with display case as a centerpiece in his executive law office...ohhh...did I mention he DO NOT collect figures,toys or TV/movie memorabilia...but....when he saw the Batmobile..he almost fainted!!...he call me every month asking if it have been realesed!!!!

Exactly!!, I know for a fact that people that do not collect figures, vintage or high end toys and props...who don't even know who Adam West /what his "job" was......will buy in a hart beat this car in this scale, they just love the concept design and aura of it which is what have made it an instant icon without barriers or putting it in a single or couple of interest groups as other collectables are.

As an example, when a person saw my Hot Toys Delorean he was so impresed and shock that he tried in more than a dozen ways to purchase the model right there, I told him "no thanks" but offer to find one for him, I did , at a good price to boot...the model sit in a custom made table with display case as a centerpiece in his executive law office...ohhh...did I mention he DO NOT collect figures,toys or TV/movie memorabilia...but....when he saw the Batmobile..he almost fainted!!...he call me every month asking if it have been realesed!!!!

Well said and thanks for sharing. This is the most iconic car. It has the one of the most recognizable made cars since the 60's. It has been to auto shows for decades. 66 Batmobile number 1 sold for 4.5 MILLION DOLLARS! I guarantee more people recognize it than a picture of George Washington. Delorean and Ecto 1 also iconic. I am waiting for delorean 2.0 from hot toys, and blitzways Ecto 1. I already have 89 batmobile which is also iconic.

No clue where I'd put it, and I've yet to purchase any of HT's vehicles with their respective price tags, but, dammit, Howard, you release this thing and I will find a way.

No clue where I'd put it, and I've yet to purchase any of HT's vehicles with their respective price tags, but, dammit, Howard, you release this thing and I will find a way.

Love how forum members have told me this will not draw in people to buy it who would not.

OKAY now I'm PISSED. Anyone who's seen the show knows that the cape/underwear/and head gear are made out of polyester, that material has a glossy shine fabric, Hot Toys did a wonderful job trying to mimic that look but failed majestically since it was saving enough money for it and kind of made it flat or matte, but now look at the gold and blue suits, they managed to replicate what I was talking about in full gloss, therefore if they updated the figure, it would look 100% taken right off the prop closet... I mean correct me if I am wrong but I don't know if everyone else can see it

I have said this before and people have said I was wrong that their is not enough appeal there. I am a fan of the show and also a car enthusiast. Seeing pics of 66 online at sdcc 2012 got me into collecting. Now I have 10 premium format figures, 200 1/6 figures, 15 neca 1/4 scale figures, 89 batmobile, 5 premium art prints later, and more items, and I am still wanting and waiting for this. This can draw interest from outside of the hobby.

I'm Mainly a Star Wars Collector, but like you when I saw these pictures come out back in 2012 I snagged Batman and Robin just incase they released the Batmobile. I used to watch the re runs of the series during my school holidays, I would defo be in for one of these.

Love how forum members have told me this will not draw in people to buy it who would not.

There's clearly a fan base. Even one within the hot toys buying community, otherwise they would never have made the second batman Proto or the Car protos let alone joker. The issue has been timing and how it will sell compared to other current items. I've said for awhile that the car will get made. And that I'd heard this year would be the jumping off point due to the anniversary. But keep in mind that these licensed products have very complicated approval and production process. And that Warner more then Disney manages how the line is handled in a very conservative way. WB/DC is more hands on and limits merchandise for a number of reasons. Where Disney is much broader in what it allows and less micro managing(not that they don't still require a ton of stuff that I think the average collector is unaware of).

With batman especially WB favors not having to much competing product from multiple films while they are developing new stuff. When Nolans stuff was in studio they limited who and what and how much of the previous burton era stuff could be made and controlled what figures and even poses could be made with statues. With the BvS/dceu they have limited Nolan stuff.

This stuff is just very complex and a lot of times the people making and selling the product have limited control over what and when they can release stuff.

There's clearly a fan base. Even one within the hot toys buying community, otherwise they would never have made the second batman Proto or the Car protos let alone joker. The issue has been timing and how it will sell compared to other current items. I've said for awhile that the car will get made. And that I'd heard this year would be the jumping off point due to the anniversary. But keep in mind that these licensed products have very complicated approval and production process. And that Warner more then Disney manages how the line is handled in a very conservative way. WB/DC is more hands on and limits merchandise for a number of reasons. Where Disney is much broader in what it allows and less micro managing(not that they don't still require a ton of stuff that I think the average collector is unaware of).

With batman especially WB favors not having to much competing product from multiple films while they are developing new stuff. When Nolans stuff was in studio they limited who and what and how much of the previous burton era stuff could be made and controlled what figures and even poses could be made with statues. With the BvS/dceu they have limited Nolan stuff.

This stuff is just very complex and a lot of times the people making and selling the product have limited control over what and when they can release stuff.

Is this fact or just speculation on your part. Serious question here. I just want to know how you come to this conclusion.

i'm in for the car but still have no interest in the Batman or Robin figures. I would want this just because i love cars. I have the 89 Batmobile and Delorean but no Batman or Marty to go with them. So i would not look at the figure sales as a gauge on how well this would sell.

i'm in for the car but still have no interest in the Batman or Robin figures. I would want this just because i love cars. I have the 89 Batmobile and Delorean but no Batman or Marty to go with them. So i would not look at the figure sales as a gauge on how well this would sell.

I think that is just the point. Even people who do not collect 1/6 figures will be drawn in to purchase this car. I honestly believe that you do not have to love Actionfigures or even Batman. This car's appeal goes beyond that. It may well become some peoples only Batman or Hot toys merchandise that they own.

I cannot think of anything more iconic......maybe the millennium falcon?

Is this fact or just speculation on your part. Serious question here. I just want to know how you come to this conclusion.

Sounds like a lot of declaration and no real back up = personal opinion

As a matter of fact, Keven from Sideshow has confirmed that Disney also micro manages licensees. According to Keven, that's why their Marvel figures can't have replicas of real world guns. I would say that's pretty "micro managed" to me. Just saying.

Motu, what proof can you provide to substantiate your comments? Did you speak to anyone directly at Hot Toys? Do you work in the field or are involved in licensing? Serious question.

Back