1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would it cost about the same to order it directly from sideshow? Then you might be able to get multiple more replacements without issue

Welp, it sadly doesn't seem like I'm getting that exchange. My vendor wrote me back informing me that they are reluctant to ask for another exchange because they don't want a negative reputation with SS for being the one that always asks for replacements, which I absolutely understand.

The vendor believes the replacement I received is fine and that what I am ultimately seeking is "perfection" and that definition is going to vary person to person. Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder. For example some people who own the gold Midas are fine with the paint imperfections that seem to be quite common for the figure, whereas some wouldn't settle for it ever. I guess I fall into the latter category (and it's actually the reason I am no longer interested in pursuing that figure).

Anyways decisions, decisions... My vendor has told they are happy to accept a return if I'm not fully satisfied, but to me that would require a lot effort on my part... I would need to return and then find some other vendor to purchase from and still need to roll the dice with the potential the next figure I get will still be plagued with the same paint flaws...or do I simply suck it up and stomach the flaws on the current headsculpt?

I do like this Iron Man fig quite a lot despite most people finding it underwhelming compared to the proto. To be fair, those splotches/paint defects are only noticeable under certain lighting and at really close range...but will my OCD allow me to not freak out knowing it's there??? :lol

What do you fellow collectors think? Suck it up?

Would it cost about the same to order it directly from sideshow? Then you might be able to get multiple more replacements without issue

That would be my suggestion: return it to your vendor and buy it through Sideshow. You will at least get one more shot at getting a pristine figure. However, I will warn you that Sideshow has been known to say, "that's how they all are" when someone asks for an exchange because of a flaw (as opposed to something clearly broken or an obvious mistake).

That would be my suggestion: return it to your vendor and buy it through Sideshow. You will at least get one more shot at getting a pristine figure. However, I will warn you that Sideshow has been known to say, "that's how they all are" when someone asks for an exchange because of a flaw (as opposed to something clearly broken or an obvious mistake).

Appreciate the suggestions guys. I won't do all that since that requires a lot of effort (more effort than I'm willing to go through) and no guarantee I'll get a pristine headsculpt.

It also occurred to me that I have the BD Mk 85 on preorder which comes with a helmeted sculpt. So I technically have another shot at getting a good one! :lol

Since I would never display both figures with the helmeted sculpt, this is actually an easy compromise (assuming I get a good helmeted sculpt later on).

71c13f5bf9be5b65e980f9382a9fa5d3.jpg

82c8bfa7eaf64b160981316cbe2458fa.jpg

f87af7d9258401c679c3af47b5b97fdf.jpg
14f2de5a02a9eeb2ccea92f7a6e9b29a.jpg

0cd157744897ffb2b9e506769bedc563.jpg

Last edited:
Was hesitate to order only because I really only need one MK85 and wanted to wait until the BD came out. Just couldn't resist. Plus I've been sitting on this Tony sculpt for some time and wanted to finally display it. Super basic pose for now.

51120766270_1f73987223_b.jpg

51119881373_95b5e17f0a_b.jpg

51119973481_6a39c080a1_b.jpg

Was hesitate to order only because I really only need one MK85 and wanted to wait until the BD came out. Just couldn't resist. Plus I've been sitting on this Tony sculpt for some time and wanted to finally display it. Super basic pose for now.

My grail sculpt tbh. Looks beautiful on the 85.

51120766270_1f73987223_b.jpg

51119881373_95b5e17f0a_b.jpg

51119973481_6a39c080a1_b.jpg

The likeness looks great. It does look a bit undersized though? How does it compare (size-wise) to the HT sculpt?

Update Special Announcement on Avengers: Endgame ? 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark LXXXV collectible figure】

Hot Toys sincerely appreciates the unending support and love from fans. Our passion for fine details, elite workmanship and artistic excellence will continue to be among the core components that transform your favorite characters as stunning collectibles.

In December 2020, we had announced the offering a ONE-TIME EXCHANGE on Tony Stark?s head sculpt of Avengers: Endgame 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark LXXXV collectible figure final product program. For instance, fans who have purchased and received Avengers: Endgame ? 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark LXXXV collectible figure from Sideshow Collectibles, Hot Toys Japan, and Hong Kong*, there will be the details for ONE-TIME EXCHANGE service today. Eligible individuals may return the original Tony Stark?s head sculpt and get replaced with the updated Tony Stark?s head sculpt in the images presented below.

For fans in other regions who will be receiving the product with the updated Tony Stark?s head sculpt, please stay tuned for the updated shipment rescheduling.

Once again thanks for the continuous support and stay tuned to the product release of the astonishing Hot Toys' Avengers: Endgame lineup!

*Hong Kong : including all eligible customers from Hot Toys Secret Base and eligible clients from 2019 Standard Chartered Marvel ATM Card Promotion

176287916_10157968741527344_863583591216030802_n.jpg

This just a repainted MK50 sculpt? Bought this from Toys Wonderland, how is that going to work if I decide I want to trade it in? Pay that shipping cost? LOL!

Eh... better but still off. So who's shouldering the shipping cost to and from? Just give the damn headsculpt without the exchange. What are they going to do with the old one anyway?

The 3P headsculpt from the previous page is better.

Back