1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True, but this is also a one time, optional trade-in program...so this isn't exactly the same type of scenario as a defective replacement part situation...or maybe I'm just overthinking it lol.

Or maybe they'll just ask us to just show proof we destroyed the old headsculpt? If that will be the case, let's just have one do it and have photos taken from different angles and different locations around the house. :p

Or maybe they'll just ask us to just show proof we destroyed the old headsculpt? If that will be the case, let's just have one do it and have photos taken from different angles and different locations around the house. :p

Lmao that would be pretty hilarious. I'm sure SS will eventually catch on...hmm, why do all these headsculpts break exactly the same??? :lol

Lmao that would be pretty hilarious. I'm sure SS will eventually catch on...hmm, why do all these headsculpts break exactly the same??? :lol

There has to be a progression of the damage as well. Lol! First photo is one moderate hammer strike and so on. The last photo is the headsculpt completely pulverized. We can be creative and simulate different damages from different tools.

There has to be a progression of the damage as well. Lol! First photo is one moderate hammer strike and so on. The last photo is the headsculpt completely pulverized. We can be creative and simulate different damages from different tools.

That would be a hilarious way to cheat the system...although someone still needs to sacrifice their Mk 85 sculpt then...NOT IT!

Yep. At least in prototype form that?s the one that has most impressed me. Really does feel next level.

Yes, you'd think they would stick to that one considering a prototype exists. It also looks pretty similar to the new replacement one or ??

Then again it is Hot Toys, all bets are off.

iron-man-mark-lxxxv-battle-damaged-version-special-edition_marvel_gallery_5d361e184fb1c.jpg

Yeah, I wondered that too--whether they would make us destroy the original.

Seems like such a waste either way. I mean, just let us keep the stupid thing and consider it a consolation prize for having to wait several months for the replacement and making everyone go through this rigmarole. Whether we want to sell it for a few bucks or keep it just to have an alternate, it shouldn't matter to them. They are really that petty that they feel they're "losing" money if we decide to sell the inferior, widely scorned and rejected sculpt for like $50 bucks?

Yes, you'd think they would stick to that one considering a prototype exists. It also looks pretty similar to the new replacement one or ??

Then again it is Hot Toys, all bets are off.

View attachment 511549
The new one for the regular 85 feels closer to this yeah, but to me what stands out on the battle-damaged one is that for the first time on a Hot Toys RDJ sculpt the eyes feel right, and the open mouth seems to correct for the overly wide jaw the always give him.

Yea I agree^

Seeing some of the pics posted, looks like the only change, sculpt wise, is the hair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dunno, to me it looks much more like they just went back to the original mark85 sculpt shown in the solicitation images.

It looks more like that, but softened by final production, than it does the Mark 46/47/50 sculpt IMO.

Avengers-Endgame-Iron-Man-19.jpg.b01c1ad2999da06669cdc39ef1a871bb.jpg

I dunno, to me it looks much more like they just went back to the original mark85 sculpt shown in the solicitation images.

It looks more like that, but softened by final production, than it does the Mark 46/47/50 sculpt IMO.

View attachment 511567
I could be convinced that the "new" sculpt is just this prototype sculpt with dramatically better (and lighter) paint applications.

View attachment 511567
That prototype IS the 46/47/50 sculpt. They are all the same. The only thing they've changed on any of those releases is the hair and paintwork.

For better or worse, this replacement sculpt is the old Tony head with new hair. Still better than the one that came in the box, though.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Hmm if thats the case im still happy enough with the changes they made. I have 46 in front of me and the new one looks distinct enough to be worth displaying. He looks older and more sunken in the cheeks and eyes.

But, your right, paintwork could be what is achieving those effects. Looking forward to seeing in hand comparisons.

Yea I agree^

Seeing some of the pics posted, looks like the only change, sculpt wise, is the hair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep and different hair coloring. Angles, different lighting affect the looks. People don't understand.

Finally, I got mine on Saturday and yesterday had time for a fotoshoot:

I'm so satisfied with the figure. I love it!

I stumbled upon this at a comic book store for a little under $400, new. I have some store credit and may sell some older stuff, worth getting asap? I was getting concerned about the L and the Mark XLIII selling out (I want both), but that deal is pretty good for a recent release.

I stumbled upon this at a comic book store for a little under $400, new. I have some store credit and may sell some older stuff, worth getting asap? I was getting concerned about the L and the Mark XLIII selling out (I want both), but that deal is pretty good for a recent release.

Yes, that sounds like a nice deal, congrats!

Back