1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure, I wish it was more accurate, but I’m happy with it. I just don’t want to order and then get stung with a battle damaged version.

Yeah man...I’m still getting this armor because well, it was the last one he wore, can’t just pass on it, but HotToys really isn’t trying to work for their money anymore, they need to start adding battle damage pieces to these

i don't know what others thought it was going to be. the only other option was mini antman, briefcase with tesseract, or energy shield.

So what am I missing here? From their original figure release it clearly says additional accessories (plural) coming soon, and the TS head sculpt is already there. Improving its design doesn't add to the accessory count. And adding detail to the forearms that they missed the first go around doesn't do that either. I also really thought they'd go the IW route and make the right arm a plug-in type so they could give us an entire forearm that could light up along with the gauntlet. The gauntlet being a separate hand piece was expected but they're getting really cheap on us if that's all we're receiving.

55628818_10156144701017344_4737294158065041408_n.jpg

So what am I missing here? From their original figure release it clearly says additional accessories (plural) coming soon, and the TS head sculpt is already there. Improving its design doesn't add to the accessory count. And adding detail to the forearms that they missed the first go around doesn't do that either. I also really thought they'd go the IW route and make the right arm a plug-in type so they could give us an entire forearm that could light up along with the gauntlet. The gauntlet being a separate hand piece was expected but they're getting really cheap on us if that's all we're receiving.

View attachment 459048

Thought it would be a light up arm with the time they took...

I don't know if it's all as simple as that. I would say they are using a common under-skeleton for all their recent ironmen which does not have removable arms.

I also don't think HT would have been informed of the Iron Man Gauntlet by Disney a long time in advance, due to secrecy. Therefore for HT to make mods to the existing or creating a whole new skelton with removable arm in the time they had is a pretty big ask.

Perhaps they looked at the whole figure with all options they had and decided the best way to go both technically + costwise was to make the Gauntlet just for the hand.

I'm no HT defender, but just looking at it from a neutral position I could see that being a feasible scenario as to why we have what we have.

JC Hong's images depict the best Stark sculpt I've ever seen. It definitely doesn't look anywhere near that good in the promo pics. To me it looks like the shape of the jaw is different, but maybe it's just my imagination.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I don't know if it's all as simple as that. I would say they are using a common under-skeleton for all their recent ironmen which does not have removable arms.

I also don't think HT would have been informed of the Iron Man Gauntlet by Disney a long time in advance, due to secrecy. Therefore for HT to make mods to the existing or creating a whole new skelton with removable arm in the time they had is a pretty big ask.

Perhaps they looked at the whole figure with all options they had and decided the best way to go both technically + costwise was to make the Gauntlet just for the hand.

I'm no HT defender, but just looking at it from a neutral position I could see that being a feasible scenario as to why we have what we have.

Even if they found out about the gauntlet late, IMO adapting the IW arm design wouldn’t be that big of an ask - it’s not as if they were starting from scratch. That said, I’m more annoyed by the lack of ANOTHER new accessory than I am about that design decision.

As much as the gauntlet accessory irritates me, I will say that if the final product sculpt is anywhere near that quality, it may be one of their best... I just hope they don't cheap out and still include the old sculpt with Team Suit Tony.

If their trend of cutting corners like this continues, my days of collecting these to this extent may be coming to a close.

This is probably the last figure I'm ever buying. I'd have ordered it with or without the extra accessories. That said, the new gauntlet looks nice (albeit screen-inaccurate) but will probably stay in the box.

The Mark L has removable arms and it looks a lot like it so they're most likely using the Mark L body.

So looking at stills from the Endgame Blu-Ray trailer, it seems that when Tony snaps, the time stone actually isn't on his hand. Heck?

Right after Thanos tries his snap and realizes the stones are gone and looks over at Tony you can see the time stone making its way to his thumb as the stones are moving into place... it's there, just can't see it from that angle once they settle in place.

Back