1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't the 45 the first "organic" suit which was introduced in Phase II in 'Ultron'? What were the "Industrial" suits in Phase II? I find this very interesting, I've pretty much only considered either "mechanical" or "organic" as the divisions for armors.

They're mostly just terms my spouse and I use when talking about Iron Man armors.

Mechanical (I-VII): Early Iron Man armor that is bulky, typically very angular, lots of plates, simpler lines, and almost robotic. A lot of function over form.

Industrial (42-47): Designs that retain some angles and plates, but take on some curves and more human proportions. A lot of complex and stylized detailing like panel lines. Still a bit of bulk, but not as much.

Organic (50-85): Very human proportions, predominantly soft and rounded lines, a lot less bulky and much more streamlined, almost like human musculature.

There's an argument to be made for calling the 45 onward organic, but I personally consider the 50 to be the start of the fully organic designs.

They said that for the 45, they specifically wanted a race car look. So it's very sleek in that regard, but I find it's not fully organic yet and leans more industrial with its angular plates and vents like a supercar.

Well placed my pre-order. Can't wait to add this one to my collection.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Just watched budget stark’s tour of the endgame display at HK, and he mentioned the refocuser as a possible spoiler : Thor giving tony a boost with his lightning porbably to hit thanos woth. Amazed I never caught that as I always thought of it as just another thruster thingy lol

They're mostly just terms my spouse and I use when talking about Iron Man armors.

Mechanical (I-VII): Early Iron Man armor that is bulky, typically very angular, lots of plates, simpler lines, and almost robotic. A lot of function over form.

Industrial (42-47): Designs that retain some angles and plates, but take on some curves and more human proportions. A lot of complex and stylized detailing like panel lines. Still a bit of bulk, but not as much.

Organic (50-85): Very human proportions, predominantly soft and rounded lines, a lot less bulky and much more streamlined, almost like human musculature.

There's an argument to be made for calling the 45 onward organic, but I personally consider the 50 to be the start of the fully organic designs.

They said that for the 45, they specifically wanted a race car look. So it's very sleek in that regard, but I find it's not fully organic yet and leans more industrial with its angular plates and vents like a supercar.

Ah, OK, that all makes sense.

I sort of have the 45 as my one 'organic' representation. I only have 4 armors: Mk 1, Mk 5, Mk 6 and Mk 45. Likely get the Mk 85 to conclude my very limited line.

I currently have Mk 42, Mk 43 and Mk 46. I think that’s all the IM I’m going to have. If I were to get another, I’d get Mk 50.

Mk 46 I noticed is going for astronomical prices on eBay. Didn’t realize it was that highly sought after.

I currently have Mk 42, Mk 43 and Mk 46. I think that’s all the IM I’m going to have. If I were to get another, I’d get Mk 50.

Mk 46 I noticed is going for astronomical prices on eBay. Didn’t realize it was that highly sought after.

I've been watching some more unpacking/review vids of the Mk. 50 and I dunno, but it just seems really toyish...it lacks realism. The blatant seam cut on the abdomen running around his back certainly doesn't help.

I dunno if it's just me, but does anyone see this as one big, expensive toy rather than a realistic, miniaturized version of the actual suit?

Wait, you mean the rest of them aren’t toys and are actual functional suits?
tumblr_inline_mgd7o7UwOU1ra7pb2.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's always a massive markup in the aftermarket. If it's a new release, you are paying an "early adopter" tax. The WM Mk 6 that was just announced is selling for as much as $500 on eBay to pre-order. That's a markup of ~$130 to get the figure several weeks early if you live in the US. Hot Toys rarely make reissues of past figures, so popular figures that are a couple years old, like the Mk 46, will naturally go for insane prices. The Mk 43 is a rare instance of HT reissuing a figure. Hopefully that is a sign that they are open to reissuing other figures like the Mk 47, a figure I would love to get but will never pay the insane $1000+ aftermarket prices for.

The WM Mk 2 and the Iron Patriot are examples of suits that haven't really blew up price-wise on the aftermarket. It is not too hard to find one of those suits new for $350ish or used in good condition for about $300. In contrast, just finding a used WM Mk 3 used for under $650 is a pain. I've seen Mk 47s used going for as "low" as $950ish on a good day.

Why is it that people always want this to be like Indian in the cupboard putting toys in a box and having them be the real thing. Isn’t the point here to have representations of something you’re a fan of, something you enjoy, that you like to collect and display. Someone is gonna look at the figure on your self and say “gee that toy really looks like a toy”...

But to each their own, collect what you like, what looks good enough for your money. It’s all just opinion.

Why is it that people always want this to be like Indian in the cupboard putting toys in a box and having them be the real thing. Isn’t the point here to have representations of something you’re a fan of, something you enjoy, that you like to collect and display. Someone is gonna look at the figure on your self and say “gee that toy really looks like a toy”...

But to each their own, collect what you like, what looks good enough for your money. It’s all just opinion.

There is more wisdom in this post than you know.

I dunno if it's just me, but does anyone see this as one big, expensive toy rather than a realistic, miniaturized version of the actual suit?

Really dude? WTF? Last I heard, the company is called Hot Toys.... They make toys/collectibles....

To answer your question, it really is only you. You've gotten to the point where the only thing to btch about is its not an actual miniaturized armor.

Really dude? WTF? Last I heard, the company is called Hot Toys.... They make toys/collectibles....

To answer your question, it really is only you. You've gotten to the point where the only thing to btch about is its not an actual miniaturized armor.

to categorize gmoneys comment as bitching is really childish and petty.

That seam line is pretty glaring, and the hip gap sucks ass. Many other ways they could have done it but HT's clearly has an articulation formula they apply to every armor, and instead of adapting to a new suit they tried to apply their tried and true layout to this armor. Another gripe I would like to put forward is the shoulder armor layout, HT's made the shoulder an armor panel (like the mk 4/5/6) when its supposed to be a single cohesive/fluid part of the suit. I think Figuarts handled that redesign much better than HT's

Last edited:
attachment.php

I do hope they update the RDJ sculpt though. This seems quite off. I think it's the eyes?

Ha! Posted the same thing on page 14 - no-one agreed with me. See below.

RDJ has very large, round eyes. They always make them squinty like Clint Eastwood.

View attachment 449232

Looks like they've lost a bit of the likeness. :gah: This is definitely a bit 'off' - not much but it's it's definitely not as good as the 46/7 headsculpt. Maybe they've made the top of the head too narrow? Or the eyes slightly too close together? Or the cheeks too wide?

Can believe how much they struggle with RDJ.

I was just curious about the newer armors. I have the VII of course.

I also have the 45, which I love and was curious how it is holding up against the later armors.

The 45 is my favourite of the DCs. I have the 45, 46, 6 and 5 in DC. The 46 has better engineering and is the only IM suit that a human could credibly fit inside, but it just isn't as mean looking as the 45. I also like the lighter red of the 45 and the better shaped arc reactor.

The 45 head is ridiculously small, but the lines on the face make him look angry whereas the 46's lines make him just look annoyed. The 45 has the bum switch - which gives a tighter landing pose but is otherwise inferior to the leg pull of the 46. That and the shoulders not fitting snug to the body are the worst things about the 45.

The 46 lights are great but are completely spoiled by the single light in the helmet which is too dim and sits visibly between the eyes. The 45 has the largest eyes (outside of Igor) and looks great lit up. The legs of my 45 are becoming a bit loose like Gmoneys.

To answer your question - the 45 is a must have figure in my view one of the three best DC figures including the 46/7 and the 5. All have something wrong with them though and I don't think that will change going forward - I think the 85 headsculpt is going to be a problem and the crutch grabber stands that appear to be standard now are worthless.

I've been watching some more unpacking/review vids of the Mk. 50 and I dunno, but it just seems really toyish...it lacks realism. The blatant seam cut on the abdomen running around his back certainly doesn't help.

to categorize gmoneys comment as bitching is really childish and petty.

That seam line is pretty glaring, and the hip gap sucks ass.

My issue with the 50 isn't so much that abdomen cut or the gap from the hip to the thigh armor, but rather how the thigh armor appears much wider than the leg material underneath it. That's where it fails for me. The 85 seems to be more streamlined in that area. The pics from the Toy Sapiens event seem to reinforce the difference in this area:

o0600090014389833014.jpgo0600090014389833030.jpg

It's difficult to criticize the engineering of the Mark 50 considering that they had to find a way to translate a suit that, on film, is a seamless magical flexible material.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Back