1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's difficult to criticize the engineering of the Mark 50 considering that they had to find a way to translate a suit that, on film, is a seamless magical flexible material.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

That's kind of the point though, they took a new magical suit and applied their same thinking and design to it, they could have changed it up like figuarts did, but they didn't. Don't get me wrong, they did a pretty good job, and I think the suit in most poses sells the look really well, but it could have been better

That's kind of the point though, they took a new magical suit and applied their same thinking and design to it, they could have changed it up like figuarts did, but they didn't. Don't get me wrong, they did a pretty good job, and I think the suit in most poses sells the look really well, but it could have been better

I think HT probably could’ve improved on it given time, but probably opted not to in favor of pushing the figure out as is whatwith all the IW figures they have to release within such a short time. I wonder what’s the rush thouh, since most of those IW designs / characters never made it to endgame; people have no incentive to cancel even with the endgame POs imo.

I think HT probably could’ve improved on it given time, but probably opted not to in favor of pushing the figure out as is whatwith all the IW figures they have to release within such a short time. I wonder what’s the rush thouh, since most of those IW designs / characters never made it to endgame; people have no incentive to cancel even with the endgame POs imo.

I'm still sour that HTs didn't bother fixing Thors storm breaker, I'll never understand their decisions :lol

They should have just made the Mark L like they did Iron Spidey no? Then there would be no hip gaps. Imagine the outrage

Pretty sure that it was the correct size when Marvel sent them the files, HT had them all made and then Marvel changed it.

Well it was undersized from the get go, but my point was more HTs had all the time in the world to change it and chose not too. A 3rd party got it done right with just as much time, it just baffles me

Really dude? WTF? Last I heard, the company is called Hot Toys.... They make toys/collectibles....

To answer your question, it really is only you. You've gotten to the point where the only thing to btch about is its not an actual miniaturized armor.

Yeah, really dude!

All the past Iron Man suits Hot Toys has produced have been, in my opinion, incredibly well-crafted, with improved engineering each time, and convey a sense of realism to the point where they seem like miniaturized versions of the armor, rather than a "toy." And if someone who was unfamiliar with the Hot Toys brand and saw a photo of the Iron Man suits, they would believe it to be real.

In regards to the Mark 50, the aforementioned improvement in engineering was foregone in lieu of rushing the figure out. They regressed to Mark 45 engineering of the shoulder pad, where it was not a separate hinged piece. Then they resorted to a blatant, straight cut on the abdomen for the seam, whereas in prior armors they would integrate the cut into the armor design itself so that the seam wasn't jarring, but rather hidden. If they really wanted to I have faith HT could have closed the leg/thigh gap, but once again, they prioritized rushing it out and the overall end result is a very toy-ish looking "toy/collectible."

Also, bro, you can't be serious? Really dude? WTF? If you think this is "btching" then I can't imagine what you thought of my legitimate gripes with the Chadwick sculpt! :lol

Yeah, really dude!

All the past Iron Man suits Hot Toys has produced have been, in my opinion, incredibly well-crafted, with improved engineering each time, and convey a sense of realism to the point where they seem like miniaturized versions of the armor, rather than a "toy." And if someone who was unfamiliar with the Hot Toys brand and saw a photo of the Iron Man suits, they would believe it to be real.

In regards to the Mark 50, the aforementioned improvement in engineering was foregone in lieu of rushing the figure out. They regressed to Mark 45 engineering of the shoulder pad, where it was not a separate hinged piece. Then they resorted to a blatant, straight cut on the abdomen for the seam, whereas in prior armors they would integrate the cut into the armor design itself so that the seam wasn't jarring, but rather hidden. If they really wanted to I have faith HT could have closed the leg/thigh gap, but once again, they prioritized rushing it out and the overall end result is a very toy-ish looking "toy/collectible."

Also, bro, you can't be serious? Really dude? WTF? If you think this is "btching" then I can't imagine what you thought of my legitimate gripes with the Chadwick sculpt! :lol

I thought the concerns over the thigh armor gaps were quite legit, especially if a $100 (?) SHF figure could achieve what a $400 figure could not. I always think comments on a figure's realism are taken seriously by HT, because that is what sets them apart from the other manufacturers. And it's probably those constructive criticisms that play a part in getting them to where they are at now.

That said, I think the end product Mark 50 still looks good, though if compared to the actual film footage it does lose that bit of realism compared to the previous versions. And I think this is where some of us thought that HT could have done better had they not rushed the final product release.

Nevertheless, I think the Mark 50 end-product ain't anywhere as bad as the IW Hulkbuster. I'd be very, very pissed if I were one of those who pre-ordered that!! Imagine all that money paid for an overpriced, oversized cosbaby/funko Pop! :gah:

Yeah, really dude!

In fairness the articulation cut at the torso on most other iron man figures is easier to integrate than on the 50.

The lines on other iron man marks are naturally more horizontal and defined, unlike the 50 where all of the torso lines are almost vertical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the way things are, there is no way in hell I'm watching that unless it's from the official Marvel channel.

From the latest Endgame TV Spot:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Trailer below (not a lot of new footage, mostly flashbacks):

Latest TV spot with the nano lightning refocuser looks so cool. 85 already looking great from what all I’ve seen.

From the latest Endgame TV Spot:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Trailer below (not a lot of new footage, mostly flashbacks):

Best superhero landing! Like how it made the whole frame shake :lol Definitely in line wih what you DM-ed me about Rbeato...thanks dude!

POd this at AE for $383 along with free shipping and double boxing made deciding where to order this figure much easier. This armor is looking awesome.

Already love this armour to death. I didn't care for the Mark 50, but this is a killer look.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Back