1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Loki Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Loki Collectible Figure

This change is actually more accurate. If you check the source images.

Which source material? Hologram AI has the side by side screen caps and it shows the metal clasps.

Which source material? Hologram AI has the side by side screen caps and it shows the metal clasps.

Okay.
stay with me just I case i have gotten the wrong end of the stick. You showed a pic of the Original Avengers Loki and complained the metal “zip” doesn’t look accurate. But the post you reference shows the new one with a screen cap that matches the new one.
I was pointing out the new one looks accurate to the original Movie version.
Are you saying you’d prefer the older HT inaccurate version?

Re: Clasps. New one "looks" more accurate. But it achieves that accuracy just visually, not physically, by having them "painted" on like Auel stated. Even the figuarts tried to replicate the physical accuracy, so it's a bit disappointing that Hot Toys, at a larger scale did not do that. However, as long as it's visually accurate, I'm good with it. But just another example of Hot Toys cutting more corners than they used to to try and keep costs down.

Okay.
stay with me just I case i have gotten the wrong end of the stick. You showed a pic of the Original Avengers Loki and complained the metal “zip” doesn’t look accurate. But the post you reference shows the new one with a screen cap that matches the new one.
I was pointing out the new one looks accurate to the original Movie version.

I didn't say that it did not look accurate, the fact that they have "printed" clasps instead of having actual one just boggles my mind.

With technology advancement I believe they are able to replicate it with better ones than the 1.0.

It just looks bad from my perspective.

Yes, I do actually. The unnatural folds cause by the metal clasps are accurate as per the on screen costume too.

Re: Clasps. New one "looks" more accurate. But it achieves that accuracy just visually, not physically, by having them "painted" on like Auel stated. Even the figuarts tried to replicate the physical accuracy, so it's a bit disappointing that Hot Toys, at a larger scale did not do that. However, as long as it's visually accurate, I'm good with it. But just another example of Hot Toys cutting more corners than they used to to try and keep costs down.

Even Bandai has the accurate clasps even if it's molded plastic. I don't see how Hot Toys, who is in this game for so long. Can't even do it right?

Bandai-Tamashii-Nations-SH-Figuarts-Marvel-Avengers-Loki-Promo-Featured.jpg

I didn't say that it did not look accurate, the fact that they have "printed" clasps instead of having actual one just boggles my mind.

With technology advancement I believe they are able to replicate it with better ones than the 1.0.

It just looks bad from my perspective.

Yes, I do actually. The unnatural folds cause by the metal clasps are accurate as per the on screen costume too.
If you have ever owned the original you will know they were just those metal balls you get on the chain that dog tags come with. They were horribly inaccurate to the costume. The new ones are accurate. And I’ll take that over what the original looked like, lol.

If you have ever owned the original you will know they were just those metal balls you get on the chain that dog tags come with. They were horribly inaccurate to the costume. The new ones are accurate. And I’ll take that over what the original looked like, lol.

Yeah I used to own the 1.0 and I know how they look like.

I'd still have accurate parts over the printed ones.

Each to his own I guess.

Yeah I used to own the 1.0 and I know how they look like.

I'd still have accurate parts over the printed ones.

Each to his own I guess.

I am just struggling to understand what you mean by accurate. With the above screen grabs, the new proto is more accurate than the old one. How can the old one, which was a string of gold metal beads(Not what the costume looked like), be more accurate than the new one that is shown?

Lol, this one blows the first out of the water, of course the original owners are going to hate.

Tailoring looks better in Endgame version, but the color and material does not look better. The vibrancy and vainglory of the outfit is gone. Example, the gold trim on the bottom of the costume is printed on EG instead of material stitched like A1.

The expression is better on A1.

Here's a very rough comparison... sorry it seems to have resized smaller...

New vs Old Loki COMP 6-18-20.jpg

$260 at Sideshow - got an email, but had to be logged in to see the page

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is this something new from Sideshow? Also got the invitation email that I’m first in line to pre-order. Had to log in to view the page. I don’t really have interest in this figure though.

$260 at Sideshow - got an email, but had to be logged in to see the page

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I got the email invite to preorder too. Wonder if the "invite" went out to so many people or anyone with a side show account can order.

Got the e-mail as well. I can't see there being limited stock of this figure. Feels like a marketing tactic to drum up hype and sales.

I received it as well. Seems like a lame attempt to make this appear in high demand and/or limited in availability, giving account holders a chance to order it a couple hours before everyone else. :slap

Another email here. Not ordering without a discount code though. Bloody tempted just for the body.

I have the Dark World Loki I got years back for a really cheap price after a discount and double rewards. I'm not sure if I need two Lokis in my collection, but this Endgame would be my first choice and DW second. Would you guys sell the DW version to pay for this or just have both?

I have the Dark World Loki I got years back for a really cheap price after a discount and double rewards. I'm not sure if I need two Lokis in my collection, but this Endgame would be my first choice and DW second. Would you guys sell the DW version to pay for this or just have both?

If you like TDW Loki, order this one and keep both.
If the new one is the definitive look, sell your Dark World version when the new one arrives.

Back