Hot Toys Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

Hmm.. as good as the movie is, way too overrated. James should have saved T3 from being made rather than making Avatar.

Why should he? He doesn't own the rights. There's way more money in coming up with your own IP. Say what you will of his films, the man is a business genius.

I don't think a T3 would have made 2 billion somehow.

So this is pushed back to 2nd quarter next year now? Kind of getting annoyed with the delays seeing as I only have 4 figures on order/waitlist and this is the second one to be pushed back and I expect one more will as well. I don't order many figures compared to others, so it isn't a relief on the money side for me to have them delayed.

Was looking forward to getting this for Christmas, will have to be for my birthday instead then :) As long as it looks great, that's all that really matters.

more delays from HOT TOYS... NRD's and more delays, with shoddy QC???

more delays from HOT TOYS... NRD's and more delays, with shoddy QC???

It's plain to see that Hot Toys took on too many licenses and figures in 2011. There's deffo a backlog. Across the forum people are waiting for certain figures. We will most likely see The Avengers line released before Jake.:lol

I would've liked him for Xmas but I guess with all the other stuff, this ain't so bad.

wow the one figure i wanted this year and its delayed....sad news for avatar fans who still have nothing.

^^ a-dev
yeah your right there & now there making 1/4 figures on top of that to :panic:

I dont know about ht these days... They are pushin themselfs to hard and plenty of mistakes have been made on there part yet the dont left a finger to improve them... DX02 Batman , The Comedian and now The Batman EX all have major problems with them... HT QC is plain out of control now... They dont even answer anyones messages on facebook for that matter...

Aye, I thing them doing too much is a good point.

Did we not have the same amount of figures this time last year though?

How comes there's hardly any Jake Sullys on eBay have they sold that well :dunno

I expect delays... HT has generally been pretty good about estimating release dates, but could be a case of being too optimistic on this one.

Anyway, delays tend to lead to increased quality... and if I've waited this long for a 1/6 Avatar figure a few more months won't kill me.

:exactly: I'd rather wait a few months than have him rushed out on time with QC Issues. With the figures height, I still don't know where I'm going to display this yet?

:exactly: I'd rather wait a few months than have him rushed out on time with QC Issues. With the figures height, I still don't know where I'm going to display this yet?

Probably you need to customize a case for him. :monkey1

Quantity is starting to rule over quality.

I started a thread about this over in the general collectible section, please feel free to comment over there. Every thread seems to be full of these types of comments I thought it would be good to get it all in one place.

I hope Jake isn't the next Lightcycle when it comes to release dates...

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102261&page=5

Back