Hot Toys Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

Off topic. I fear this is the body (human scale) we'll get for GL. I must admit, it is kinda pukey.

I'm with you on that. At least this has some articles to help cover some of the joints but there is not place to hide with GL. If this is their solution, I will have second thoughts on getting one. Especially if its in $190 realm. I would take a rubber body over this for GL any day of the week.

271674_10150238770822344_58690437343_7659161_3829471_o.jpg

I think this image is why the price may be higher than usual besides the new body.

The Hair looks to be actual braided hair with all the feathers being "real" feathers as well, not sculpted. all the straps and the "cummerbund" also look to be made from cloth/material and not sculpted which look fairly more complicated to make that a pair of pants and a shirt. Those little details being mass produced take a lot more time to make and seem to be more complicated to reproduce than the usual articles of clothing

I'm with you on that. At least this has some articles to help cover some of the joints but there is not place to hide with GL. If this is their solution, I will have second thoughts on getting one. Especially if its in $190 realm. I would take a rubber body over this for GL any day of the week.

What is this "GL" I read about?

I think HT is overreleasing right now ... there are some cool figures that aren't even making my radar screen at this point. I can't spend a grand on toys. I can spend a few hundred bucks.

:exactly:

Everyones psyched for theses announcements, me, i'm dreading what amazing thing next will i have to consider cancelling something for.

In 4th QTR i got, Superman IM MK V, IM MK 2 AU, Captain America and Baby Doll, i'm gonna cancel the MK 2 for this if the price is right.

HT needs to spread the release better, i can't get the Batman even though i want to, i can't get the Bespin Luke even though i'll likely want to, can't get the Sucker Punch Amber.

Whenever i say something like this people _____ that i just cant afford it, and thats true because everything eles HT has got up i've got 3/4 ordered.

Not too memtiom all the Star Wars goodies that SSC is releasing.

No more figures should be announced for 3rd or 4th quarters IMO.

Even if i do get the Batman, it will be at the expense of one of the already ordered HT figures.

Upcoming Green Lantern movie figures

Okay, thanks for pointing that out, but you didn't need to bold the 'G' and the 'L.' I could have pieced that together; I'm not a complete idiot. Really, I just don't think about licenses that don't intrigue me much, such as the Green Lantern and Captain America.

I also could have misinterpreted your intentions completely, and if that is the case I apologize.

I think this image is why the price may be higher than usual besides the new body.

The Hair looks to be actual braided hair with all the feathers being "real" feathers as well, not sculpted. all the straps and the "cummerbund" also look to be made from cloth/material and not sculpted which look fairly more complicated to make that a pair of pants and a shirt. Those little details being mass produced take a lot more time to make and seem to be more complicated to reproduce than the usual articles of clothing

I think that scale might be too small for it to be real hair, or the 'armor' pieces to be actually woven. To me they could be some type of rubber. Mainly with the hair if you look where it's attached to the head it doesn't look like typical implanted hair. I don't think they could do that on a scaled collectible.

Great looking figure, probably be pricey though. My decision to buy into this line will be based on if sideshow previews another of their Avatar polystone statues during SDCC. I love my Neytiri statue... and I'd rather spend my cash on those than a 1:6 figure that might be in the same price range.

I think that scale might be too small for it to be real hair, or the 'armor' pieces to be actually woven. To me they could be some type of rubber. Mainly with the hair if you look where it's attached to the head it doesn't look like typical implanted hair. I don't think they could do that on a scaled collectible.

On the top of the head, the hair is for sure sculpted but I was talking about the the piece dangling from the back. To me they look like real strands braided. I've done this with a 1/6 OST jack sparrow I was working awhile back so IMO I is achievable at this scale. And with the figure being practically the size of a PF, I don't think it's too hard to imagine the armor pieces being woven together. Even though it's a 1/6 version of Jake, he's going to be about the size of a typical 1/4 scale figure which always for more detail

The stuff you pointed out is the only reason I'm still toying with the idea of getting this.

I just can't get past the joints. :(

I get tired and irritable. :lol

Sorry again bro.

Kindred spirit. :1-1:

In order to have a figure move there MUST be joints, rubber is too restrictive.

So untill we can clone human skin for 1/6 figures we'll have to settle.

I wish the base was bigger, the base with the Iron Man MK vi could have maybe one pose where there was a foothold for him.

Rather than them being designed to look right i wish they were more functional for the figure to use in multiple poses.

Last edited:

I also dont understand the joint issue.... Barney Ross, Dastan, Perseus, and more recently the super Preds and Bruce Lee ALL have visible joints adn look great and are very poseable.

I don't find it as settling. I grew up with figures with joints. Maybe not as pricey as these but joints come with being a figure. These joints don't bother me one bit

I don't find it as settling. I grew up with figures with joints. Maybe not as pricey as these but joints come with being a figure. These joints don't bother me one bit

Me either, my comment was directed to Maglor.

I'm getting really psyched for this figure now, the more i look at it the more i like it.

The only joint I find visibly annoying is the feet, but the rest looks excellent to me

One odd thing is there is no focussed images of the tail, when that happens i get the feeling they're hiding something.

Back