Hot Toys Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

However, since avatar has already ended some time ago, not sure if it's going to be iconic like sups, IM or Capt America.

Avatar has been one of my most anticipated of all lines, but I do admit that HT's superb Captain America has stolen a fair amount of its thunder.

Speaking of Cap, the HT figure was designated as having the "Hero Costume," implying more Captain America suits to follow.

This is just "Jake Sully," not "Final Battle Jake Sully" or anything. I wonder if that means this will be the only Jake we see.

Last edited:

To be honest I was hyped up for this figure a long time ago, but the wait was so long I just completely lost interest.

Apples and Oranges. For Watchmen I fully believe the original plan was to do all six, release the less desirable to create buzz then follow with a heavy hitter. The thing is that SSII didn't sell very well and The Comedian wasn't as heavy of a hitter as they thought so they dropped it.

Here you have all this R&D on a new 18" body for the Na'vi and I don't see them making Jake and calling it a day. Neytiri is happening, if the line does well I wouldn't be shocked for other Na'vi just to recoup the cost.

The fact that this figure came out 2 years after the initial announcement makes me wonder if we ever will see the other Watchmen. Doc Manhattan, Rorschach and Nite Owl would be fantastic, had they put those heavy hitters out first, I wonder if more people would've bought SSII, and Comedian. Anyway, back on topic, this looks like a really awesome figure. Do think Jake's a little light in the accessory department though.

It's good to see Jake finally getting some high quality collectible love. This would be a must buy with screaming head, but I'll have to wait and see if Neytiri needs her boyfriend first. It's a good bet she'll come with warpaint as well, at least in her first incarnation. That's not how I want her though.

The fact that this figure came out 2 years after the initial announcement makes me wonder if we ever will see the other Watchmen. Doc Manhattan, Rorschach and Nite Owl would be fantastic, had they put those heavy hitters out first, I wonder if more people would've bought SSII, and Comedian.

I would be absolutely shocked if any more Watchmen were EVER released from Hot Toys. SSII and The Comedian is all we are getting.

It's good to see Jake finally getting some high quality collectible love. This would be a must buy with screaming head, but I'll have to wait and see if Neytiri needs her boyfriend first. It's a good bet she'll come with warpaint as well, at least in her first incarnation. That's not how I want her though.
I was expecting at least a Bow and Arrow

Quite spectacular, IMO. I'll pass on Jake, but if they release Neyteri, I'd get her for sure.

Well, assuming it's not over $250. >_<

Huh, look at that. They did it. Movie's kind of past its prime but nice HT finally finished one off. Probably look amazing on the shelf given its height (even if he's short).

What's up with the feet though? Seriously? Real braids and feathers and...those feet.

I would be absolutely shocked if any more Watchmen were EVER released from Hot Toys. SSII and The Comedian is all we are getting.

I still think not releasing Rorschach was a mistake on their part, especially considering the prototype was pretty much finished judging by those studio pics, but maybe, if by some small fluke, it turns into another Ghost Rider situation. Anyway, let's continue this in the Watchmen thread so as not to stray too Off-Topic, shall we?

Now that an awesome looking Navi. I'd get this over a SS maquette in a heart beat. HT's Neytiri should rock. The details just much superior. Should be fun mod them into jointless statues.

Huh, look at that. They did it. Movie's kind of past its prime but nice HT finally finished one off. Probably look amazing on the shelf given its height (even if he's short).

What's up with the feet though? Seriously? Real braids and feathers and...those feet.

Yeah, it looks like they just painted some TT feet blue and slapped them on there. Hope they do something with them.

Im pretty sure Jakes feet are supposed to be human looking feet, unlike the regular Na'vi, which have that wierd almost double jointed thing going on in the ankles (nevermind the amount of toes)

here size comp:

1323343rfbrdzr6rbfmddz.jpg

1/6th Banshee next?

plz?

Wowza! This looks incredible. I'm so glad they went for final battle Jake. Please show us Neytiri soon.:rock

How much $£$£ though?:panic:

wow! that is the coolest 1/6th figure i have seen in a while! must buy

Hot Toys saves the best... For the best... LOL.. To all of you who told me this line was all but forgot and Hot Toys would never do anything form it... LOL

Back