Hot Toys Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

I don't know if I'll pick this up, but it is certainly looking the goods. 45cm tall?? Yikes! :horror

This figure certainly has my attention. I just hope Neytiri is up next and Quaritch follows soon after. Last thing we need is Jake on the shelf by himself.

Apples and Oranges. For Watchmen I fully believe the original plan was to do all six, release the less desirable to create buzz then follow with a heavy hitter. The thing is that SSII didn't sell very well and The Comedian wasn't as heavy of a hitter as they thought so they dropped it.

Here you have all this R&D on a new 18" body for the Na'vi and I don't see them making Jake and calling it a day. Neytiri is happening, if the line does well I wouldn't be shocked for other Na'vi just to recoup the cost.

The body is exclusively for Jake only, as Joseph Tsang would have to sculpt a new body for neytiri.

They have been making one of bodies for a while now, hellboy, leonidas. So they might pull a watchmen too with this line, if Jake doesnt sell well. So if we all want her, we better buy at least half a dozen of Jakes. Can always kitbash em into other Na'vis :lol

Quaritch should be a no-brainer anyways

Hopefully with a coffee mug as an accessory

here size comp:

1323343rfbrdzr6rbfmddz.jpg
And Cap could still kick his ass with two hands tied behind his back :monkey1

:D

So if we all want her, we better buy at least half a dozen of Jakes. Can always kitbash em into other Na'vis :lol

I'm not waiting six months plus to see if Jake sells to see if Neytiri is planned. We need her by the end of the year. Jake and Neytiri on the shelf for Christmas...

Dosent matter how long it takes to get Neytiri for me as long as she looks as good as Jake does when we get final pics... With the wait for Jake it could be a while... Since Im a huge fan Ill buy her no matter how long the wait is...

Another difference between this and Watchmen is simply the license. Watchmen bombed at the theater, and Avatar made more than a little bit of money, and that popularity will translate to popularity of the collectibles I reckon. I suspect this figure will be popular, and will sell enough to warrant more figures from the line. But the fact that it's coming out so late after the movie was released will probably hurt things a bit. Avatar-mania has passed, of course.

Ideally, this should have come out last November at the same time as the Extended Cut DVD/Blu-Ray.

Its just not smart to release something from a lisence smack dab in the middle between the first movie and the 2nd where there is relatively little media coverage on the brand (when the figure is out itll have been 2 years since the movie came out, and itll be at a time thats still too early for any concrete information on the sequel)

Either way, even though it definitely wont sell as much as it should have at an earlier (or even later), I still can't wait for it and im sure it will sell decently enough for Neytiri (who HT im sure are aware is by far the most popular and iconic character from the movie)

I'm not waiting six months plus to see if Jake sells to see if Neytiri is planned. We need her by the end of the year. Jake and Neytiri on the shelf for Christmas...

and I want this to be waiting in my room for Xmas:

leighton-meester-lingerie-gq-01.jpg

Ill take both!

Looks great!! I was really hoping they did a second angry sculpt with exposed teeth.

the cost will determine if I pick him up or not. At 18inches it really will need a separate display too...If I get it then naturally I would have to pick up Neyitri as well if its announced otherwise this guy will really look the odd one out - the only other 18incher I have is the NECA 1/4 Pred..

You guys really think Hot Toys is NOT going to make Neytiri? She is obvious next, and this most likely will be released in December overseas just like Terminator 1 and it will be released in the USA early next year Jan like T1. Remember T1 pictures was announce last year around this time. So All those wanting to have both figures better start saving now. Im getting both. Incredible figure.

This looks awesome! i'm getting it for sure. :yess: :rock

And Cap could still kick his ass with two hands tied behind his back :monkey1

:D

Whoa, I skimmed over your post for less than a second, and had to come back to re-read it. I though you said "Cap could stick his head up his ass". It even looks like he could easily, because Caps head is almost parallel to his crotch :lol

I just realised what accessory this figure was missing...

RsTRd.jpg

1/6th scale too

Looks to be another fanastic HT piece but an easy pass for me.

Back