Hot Toys Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

I actually thought both of those turned out great... Cap A might have been a slight downgrade, but nothing major and a figure I'm happy to have in the collection.

Generally my experience has been that figures improve from proto to product with HT. Just look at Sparrow... the whole figure is top notch and anything changed was an improvement over the earlier images.

I actually thought both of those turned out great... Cap A might have been a slight downgrade, but nothing major and a figure I'm happy to have in the collection.

Generally my experience has been that figures improve from proto to product with HT. Just look at Sparrow... the whole figure is top notch and anything changed was an improvement over the earlier images.

Sure, they were great...but for me, I just didn't see Milla J or Chris E in the sculpts :( But otherwise, everything else looked fantastic! I just hope they don't screw around with the sculpt because right now it looks fantastic and all I can see is Sam Worthington :rock

THIS HASN'T BEEN RELEASED EITHER??????

GEEZ! I haven't been on here since like early january, I come back hoping to some avatar stuff, sucker punch stuff, tron legacy reviews and whatnot, NONE OF THEM HAVE EVEN BEEN RELEASED YET???

F/UCK HOT TOYS

THIS HASN'T BEEN RELEASED EITHER??????

GEEZ! I haven't been on here since like early january, I come back hoping to some avatar stuff, sucker punch stuff, tron legacy reviews and whatnot, NONE OF THEM HAVE EVEN BEEN RELEASED YET???

F/UCK HOT TOYS

Can't disagree :(

Moving ship date from May to April... That does sound good... oooo I hope Joker and Sully come at the same time!!

That means you'd have to pay for them at the same time, thats $550 :panic:
And Jake Sully is suppose to hit same time as Iron Monger ! That would be .... :thud:

Hmmm... will have to readjust my budgeting if this is true. Although this means May is loosening up a bit.

At one time I was expecting Boba, Luke and Jake to hit at the same time for a total of over $800 :lol

cancel Monger or Joker :wink1:

ngbbs4ce01395c1118.jpg

Changed from May to April on Sideshow, good sign? :pray:

Its seems that they appear to be having trouble with the figures that require tailoring. Plastic based figures better rate still though the Gantry w and w/0 Mark 4,2 city hunter figures and Monkey brothers all do in April. So which will it be ?

Ask yourself this, which will be easier to find later on? this or those two plus any variants/reissues of them.

Jake Sully will be one-of-a-kind by hot toys likely, those two not so much methinks.

Most likely all three will be relatively easy to find. And Monger will probably not be remade or reissued either.

Ask yourself this, which will be easier to find later on? this or those two plus any variants/reissues of them.

Jake Sully will be one-of-a-kind by hot toys likely, those two not so much methinks.

Well Monger is too cost-expensive to risk with his variants or even rereleasing.
Nicholson Joker is too unique (DX) and it's not clear how things are going with licensing.

On the other hand we have two more AVATAR movies which will be released every 3 years.

Well Monger is too cost-expensive to risk with his variants or even rereleasing.
Nicholson Joker is too unique (DX) and it's not clear how things are going with licensing.

On the other hand we have two more AVATAR movies which will be released every 3 years.

You are looking at at least 3 male figures with Avatar possibily even four. They will milk the new mold its just a return on investment.

Price might be a an issue, but what we are seeing now is more basic figures approaching $ 200 and thats due to these over the top bases.

I would like to know what is their production number on these things as I still see some at the retail level and on Aution sites?

You probably right on Monger, but with the Joker 2.0 coming and rumoured Batman 2.0 i wouldn't dis-count them remaking or at the very least if their is licensing concerns reissueing the exact same figure down the line.

Good point about the Avatar seaquels i didn't take that into account, though if one releases anywhere near Iron Man 3 fans are screwed again

Back