Hot Toys Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

If you loose interest in less than a few years then you probably shouldn't spend $300 on a collectible. I've waited waaaay longer for a Nicholson Joker and Keaton Batman; so a couple years for a figure of Jake is like a walk in the part :lol

Just preordered this guy here in Australia, he is $349 bucks here in OZ delivered to your door.

Just preordered this guy here in Australia, he is $349 bucks here in OZ delivered to your door.

:yess: :clap :wink1: :hi5:

Can't wait for this. This line doesn't even need milking really i mostly want Jake, Neytiri and Quaritch.

Tsutay, Na'Vi Grace and Human Jake would be great bonuses

Why isn't it May yet :gah: :gah:

getting-impatient.gif

Well I guess if people are not bothering to buy Jake because they just want Neytiri, than they'll probably never get Neytiri because they won't make it. It also looks to me that we're only going to get two figures at most out of this line because if Neytiri is made, any other figure after would be a poor seller if people just wanted the Neytiri.

Couldn't they have produced both figures simultaneously and release them a month or 2 a part?

So they have enough time to figure out how they'll break the news of the next delay or the outright cancellation in favour of Iron Man mark 15. :D

So has HT given any explanation or reasons/excuses as to what has taken so long with this figure? What was the original release date supposed to be? I really luv this figure and I know HT will knock it out of the park, but it's just to expensive for me with all the other stuff that is coming out, even with flexpay.

My flexpay is right on schedule, so I assume April was the original release date. I have one payment left. Scheduled for April 20th.

Original release date was 4th Qtr 2011 (December) then it was delayed till April.

:rotfl
Well, at least it'll give me more time to mull over whether or not i really want this fig. On one hand, i have the feeling we won't be seeing something like this in the 1/6 scale for quite some time, especially with the superhero hype going around lately. Not to mention that the next film won't get here for another 3-4 years and when you consider the time it's taken for HT just to get this figure out it may well be another 5 years before we see another HT Avatar.
So yeah, i guess what i'm saying is that they can push it back all they want, if they end up releasing it at the end of this year and i'm still interested than it's a buy for me.

Original release date was 4th Qtr 2011 (December) then it was delayed till April.

Delayed to June... according to HT jp...

:mad: :mad: :mad:

They need to cancel that Hawkeye figure right now and get working on actually releasing figures instead of delaying them :lecture

Marvel-related figures from the Avengers will most probably sell a lot more in terms of quantity than an Avatar figure at this point in time.

I will not be surprised if we get to see Hawkeye shipping before Jake Sully; however unlikely that scenario may seem at this point in time.

Marvel-related figures from the Avengers will most probably sell a lot more in terms of quantity than an Avatar figure at this point in time.

I will not be surprised if we get to see Hawkeye shipping before Jake Sully; however unlikely that scenario may seem at this point in time.

The IM Gantry and Iron Monger and Red Skull have all delayed too :lecture

The IM Gantry and Iron Monger and Red Skull have all delayed too :lecture

I just realized that a whole lot of figures from hot toys got delayed, some by as much as a few months. Seems like hot toys' production department is falling far behind their marketing department. :slap

I just realized that a whole lot of figures from hot toys got delayed, some by as much as a few months. Seems like hot toys' production department is falling far behind their marketing department. :slap

Months? the Lightcycle is delayed by nearly a year :slap :gah: :cuckoo:

HT seriously need to re-think their business plan. They might put out great products (when they actually come out) but at the moment they are dropping a massive bollock.

HT seriously need to re-think their business plan. They might put out great products (when they actually come out) but at the moment they are dropping a massive bollock.

Yeah, the back up of figures is ridiculous and now there's more figures on the way and still figures from announced licenses to make.:panic:

Back