Hot Toys Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

There's roughly a 95% chance I'll pass on this, but who knows I might go for one of the other releases in this lineup. I have a feeling this will be the next Iron Man 2 as Avatar fanatics are probably more than willing to drop the cash for high quality figures like this.

Would be awesome to see one of those mobile robot things the humans piloted, but I don't remember how huge those were so it probably isn't too likely. I would love it if it did come. Just imagine having Bruce Lee in one of those things.

are the specs out?

It's gotta be at least $250 and to me after looking at it more and more, it's probably worth that. Hopefully it's not released till early 2012 so I'll have a chance of getting it.

It might not even be $250. While tall, this also looks fairly simple and though they had to make a new body for him, I'm sure they plan to do at least three or four more Avatars so they will certainly get their money's worth that way. At its core, this looks to be a really tall TT with body paint. To charge more than $220 would be kind of pushing it imo. He doesn't exactly come with that much.

Would be awesome to see one of those mobile robot things the humans piloted, but I don't remember how huge those were so it probably isn't too likely. I would love it if it did come. Just imagine having Bruce Lee in one of those things.

Yeah I don't see that happening since they were huge in the movie. Would make an awesome display with is version of Jake though. The price would be outrageous as well.

Nicely Done!

Still no interest though. :/

M.

Wonder if you can achieve a real crouching low / lurking around in tree pose?

looks amazing. I'll probably get nearti when/if they make her. not sure about jake yet.

does anybody else feel the headsculpt is off in a wierd way, I mean it's awesome to represent avatar, but looking at my poster of JS and the sculpt, there's barely a likeness.

I think they went with the best option body wise... figure looks great. Not for me though.

They finally did it. Looks very good for a first attempt at Avatar. Would prefer an ordinary jake as opposed to this version though. Can't wait for Neytiri!

I would rather have the RDA version.

are the specs out?

Specs:

Hot Toys – MMS159 – Avatar: 1/6th scale Jake Sully Collectible Figure Specification

~Movie Masterpiece Series~

Amid very high anticipation, Hot Toys is proud to present the 1/6th scale Jake Sully Collectible Figure from the award-winning and glove-sweeping science-fiction epic adventure blockbuster AVATAR movie written and directed by JAMES CAMERON. The movie-accurate Jake Sully collectible is specially crafted based on his image in the movie in the Pandora world, highlighting the head and body sculpture and painting, highly detailed accessories and weapons, as well as specially-made light-up figure stage imitating the Pandora scene.

The 1/6th scale Jake Sully Collectible Figure specially features:

- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Jake Sully in the movie Avatar in the Pandora scene

- Realistic 1/6th scale of approximate 18 inches / 45 cm tall

- Over 30 points of articulations

- Highly detailed head, body sculpture and painting in Avatar skin color and patterns

- Wig with strings of beads

- Movable tail

- Four (4) pieces of interchangeable palms including:

n One (1) pair of relaxed palms

n One (1) right palm for holding gun

n One (1) right palm for holding knife

Costume:

- One (1) brown cummerbund

- One (1) green loincloth with strings of beads

- One (1) right forearm gauntlet

- One (1) pair of leg armors

Weapons:

- One (1) long gun

- Six (6) grenades with harness

- One (1) knife with sheath and harness

Accessories:

- One (1) piece of hair accessory with feather-like materials

- One (1) visor

- One (1) headset and one (1) mic on throat

- One (1) choker

- One (1) pair of arm bands

- One (1) pair of arm bands with feather-like materials

- Light-up figure stage imitating the Pandora scene with transparent pillar

Release date: Q4 2011

Artists:
- Figure Sculpted by Joseph Tsang

- Figure Painted by Joseph Tsang

**Battery not included for figure stage, 3A batteries (3 pieces) are required

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different

2009 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. JAMES CAMERON’S AVATAR is a trademark of Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation.

All rights reserved.

Yeah I don't see that happening since they were huge in the movie. Would make an awesome display with is version of Jake though. The price would be outrageous as well.
agreed. the smurfs were 10ft in that movie and the mechs towered over them. it would be almost 2X the size of the power loader.

yeah, way too big.

FINALLY. :rock :rock :clap :clap

This needs a screaming headsculpt with sharp teeth showing BADLY

HELL YES. Absolutely awesome looking figure and THE incarnation of Jake I was hoping they'd do. But geez, he was always screaming and yelling when attacking and firing his weapon. I can't believe they didn't do a second sculpt with more expression.

Jake-final-battle.jpg

jake_sully_in_war_avatar_movie-1280x800.jpg

this will be pretty expensive. Looking like around 18" tall. I'm thinking around $260-$290?

Last edited:

It might not even be $250. While tall, this also looks fairly simple and though they had to make a new body for him, I'm sure they plan to do at least three or four more Avatars so they will certainly get their money's worth that way. At its core, this looks to be a really tall TT with body paint. To charge more than $220 would be kind of pushing it imo. He doesn't exactly come with that much.

:rotfl

We'll probably get Neytiri, and if sales permit, perhaps Quarritch.

But considering Sully will probably be $200-$250. . . it's not gonna be a hot seller.

You've seen how people are balking at the asking price for Sucker Punch. . . this thread is gonna be a bloodbath once this price is announced.

Back