Hot Toys - Artist Collection - AVP: Samurai Predator 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hong Kong Ani-Com 2011: Hot Toys SAMURAI PREDATOR (Sculpture?)

Looks like great statue.

I can't see the Plastic Enemy pics (danged work filters!) but there's something that looks suspiciously like an elbow joint on the main pic.

That said... if this is a figure, then are we looking at where HT are going in the future with their Predator license? With Classic, they've pretty well hammered the Predator movies to death (and then run over the remains with a steamroller), so original designs would appear to be a promising way ahead.

I rather hope so, because then the OCD nutter in me can avoid buying these since they're not "real" predators... :cuckoo:

Unless this sells like crazy - I see this as a one off. Interesting that HT went this route - total departure from their normal Modus Operandi

Always thought Preds looked weird with all those teeths.

Easy pass for me, but i want to see more pics.

804d4107gw1djkhelrafoj.jpg

it looks like his biomask is on backwards.
camMP_Hewitt_wideweb__470x309,0.jpg

I suppose I may had well give my two cents on this then. I can see some leg joints on the last picture. He looks cool, but I don't know if I would buy him...

think i'm gonna pass on this one , just too much other great predator stuff on its way ( tracker, classic, shadow, wolf lsf and dutch pf )

It says that it is a statue in the article. What is he holding in his left hand?

I suppose I may had well give my two cents on this then. I can see some leg joints on the last picture. He looks cool, but I don't know if I would buy him...

those are shin guards.:dunno

This figure has a really cool stand. Almost makes it look like a statue.

It's is a 1/6 scale FIGURE based on a sculpture by Mr Takayuki Takeya

"This 1/6th scale Samurai Predator diorama project is proudly designed and painted by Mr Takayuki Takeya (竹谷隆之) and specially sculpted by Mr. Yuji Oniki (鬼木祐二), which will be firstly unveiled in the Ani-Com & Games event in Hong Kong for preview from 29th July to 2nd August! The 1/6th scale collectible figure which is inspired by this diorama project will be announced later."

This may be a teaser of this collectible figure....

Sideshow is calling their statues Legendary Scale "Figures" too. Maybe it's a new trend.

wow this piece looks great alot of detail

So judging by that latest pics... its a sculpture that looks almost identical to the original, what's the point?
EDIT: Ok so I think its the exact same one... My guesses are its going to be a figure but those teaser pics are just showing the design it will be based off of..

Back