Hot Toys - Artist Collection - AVP: Samurai Predator 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hong Kong Ani-Com 2011: Hot Toys SAMURAI PREDATOR (Sculpture?)

Takeya is a name that takes me back to the 90's!!

I used to deal with Artstorm/Fewture Models back in the day and Takeya did some badass sculpting, same goes for Nirasawa (although he ha nothing to do with this!)

Yes its a figure!!!!! :)

Maybe if we drew a bunch of diagram lines, they'd see it :monkey1

There's nothing to see. It's a statue/model kit.

specially sculpted by Mr. Yuji Oniki

Oniki sculpts statues/model kits. Not articulated 1/6 scale figures. Same with Takayuki Takeya. And FYI: The majority of statues/model kits from these two are 1/6 scale including all the Predator stuff they've done in the past for Fewture Models.

We'll have to wait until the Ani com to find out what the hell is that thing.

Please show us a diagram to the others , of how that "joint" should work ..and comparing with the predators that we know for example :impatient:

I can see the lines, you mean, but If this is a "joint", then, it does'nt work like the predators(berserker, falconer, tracker) and should have a different mechanic:

ht-Predators-Falconer-Predator-4.jpg

251556_10150245779197344_58690437343_7734143_2619283_n.jpg

There's nothing to see. It's a statue/model kit.

Oniki sculpts statues/model kits. Not articulated 1/6 scale figures. Same with Takayuki Takeya. And FYI: The majority of statues/model kits from these two are 1/6 scale including all the Predator stuff they've done in the past for Fewture Models.

Maybe a posable model kit? :dunno

It's a figure.

If Takeya and Oniki are collaborating with Hot Toys, then it's obviously for a figure.

They don't need to collaborate with Hot Toys for a statue...they do those just fine on their own.

We'll have to wait until the Ani com to find out what the hell is that thing.

Please show us a diagram to the others , of how that "joint" should work ..and comparing with the predators that we know for example :impatient:

I can see the lines, you mean, but If this is a "joint", then, it does'nt work like the predators(berserker, falconer, tracker) and should have a different mechanic:

ht-Predators-Falconer-Predator-4.jpg

251556_10150245779197344_58690437343_7734143_2619283_n.jpg

If you can't see the same type of joint in both of those pics, you need to see your optometrist. :lol

If Takeya and Oniki are collaborating with Hot Toys, then it's obviously for a figure.

How is it a "collaboration"!? It was designed and painted by Takeya, and sculpted by Oniki. Two guys that don't work for HT. No one from HT had anything to do with it. Hot Toys is simply showcasing Takeya and Oniki's work at their Ani-Com booth/possibly selling their statue/model kits in Asia-only.

How is it a "collaboration"!? It was designed and painted by Takeya, and sculpted by Oniki. Two guys that don't work for HT. No one from HT had anything to do with it. Hot Toys is simply showcasing Takeya and Oniki's work at their Ani-Com booth/possibly selling their statue/model kits in Asia-only.

Most of the preds are poseable model kits. :wink1:

My bad, I must have misread the "collaboration project" bit in the original post from Hot Toys...oh wait...no I didn't....

Why don't we wait for more photos and info before jumping to conclusions.

Yep, he's new.

Back