Hot Toys - Aquaman - Aquaman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I never thought hot toys would make a corn on the cob figure, but here we are. Hopefully the exclusive comes with butter. 🌽

I don't dig it that much, but ordered anyway. I need Aquaman and if nothing else i really like the suits, colors. It will look cool on shelf.

Well, I never thought hot toys would make a corn on the cob figure, but here we are. Hopefully the exclusive comes with butter. ��

Are you mentally challenged? I just wonder why you think think repeating the same tired garbage over and over is somehow entertaining. Everytime there is an update on this we have to read the same thing from lames it seems like.

Are you mentally challenged? I just wonder why you think think repeating the same tired garbage over and over is somehow entertaining. Everytime there is an update on this we have to read the same thing from lames it seems like.

I like corn, what can I say? Did you have a seizure while writing that?

The trolls are strong in this thread. Geez!!!
I think it looks really good.

I wonder if this movie turns into black panther and popularity pushes more fighures...its supposedly doing really well over seas and the early reviews seem strong. A black manta, mera, ocean master, and some of the crazy cool sea people would be cool at 1/6 scale.

Articulation looks week but this aquaman seems more like a brawler so i dont think he needs to be super dynamic. Im not a fan of the side eye portrait but for iconic look i can give it a go. Cool looking though...now just need the new superman to have an updated trinity

The trolls are strong in this thread. Geez!!!
I think it looks really good.

So anyone who doesn't like it is a troll?

I just think compared to the premium format it's really weak. Sounds like the movie is proving very popular and frankly fans deserve better than this half hearted effort with a re-used sculpt. Sorry if that opinion makes me a troll.

Haha corn on the cob actually made me laugh, I guess on a smaller scale (pun intended) it's harder to pull off the look. I'll see how the premium format turns out but either way it doesn't bother me. That's the comic accurate look so I love it

Can someone who has actually seen the movie comment on the accuracy of the colors? From the trailers and posters (see below) I thought his upper body should have a copper tinge, providing a slight contrast to his gold belt. The figure is all gold from the belt up.

I have to agree with the view that this release seems lazy on HT's part. The JL head sculpt isn't that good to begin with - doubling down on it (IMO) is a misfire. I also would have preferred it if they gave him the sleeker, wet hair look like in the poster, with all of it flowing down his back. Or that as an interchangeable hair option for action (swimming) poses.

AQMan Poster.jpg

Prefer the JL one. This one is ok, a little too bulky. Pants look like the same material as Iron Spider torso color is off too.

Can someone who has actually seen the movie comment on the accuracy of the colors? From the trailers and posters (see below) I thought his upper body should have a copper tinge, providing a slight contrast to his gold belt. The figure is all gold from the belt up.

I have to agree with the view that this release seems lazy on HT's part. The JL head sculpt isn't that good to begin with - doubling down on it (IMO) is a misfire. I also would have preferred it if they gave him the sleeker, wet hair look like in the poster, with all of it flowing down his back. Or that as an interchangeable hair option for action (swimming) poses.

View attachment 436812

I saw it Saturday, but can't really comment on the accuracy. Arthur gets this suit in the middle of the third act, he's under water (dark and murky) in it most of the time, he has an above water fight at the end but you don't really get a good look at it full frame in the light. But, this does look fairly accurate, I think it depends on the lighting/filters. Looks pretty good, I just wish they had included a 2nd head sculpt with more of a watery/wet hair look like he's swimming fast. I hope they make Black Manta, was easily my favorite parts of the movie.

Back