Hot Toys - Aquaman - Aquaman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m an old school Superfriends fan so this hits the nostalgia button for me. I think it looks great with the classic colors.

73A926ED-4FB0-4621-BF39-44234C65C704.jpeg

I’m an old school Superfriends fan so this hits the nostalgia button for me. I think it looks great with the classic colors.

View attachment 436825

I agree, and the way and timing he gets the suit in the film is fitting. I agree with others tho, should have swappable hair, or a 2nd head to recreate swimming or just underwater looks in general. But this is still pretty great looking so I may end up snagging this.

I saw it Saturday, but can't really comment on the accuracy. Arthur gets this suit in the middle of the third act, he's under water (dark and murky) in it most of the time, he has an above water fight at the end but you don't really get a good look at it full frame in the light. But, this does look fairly accurate, I think it depends on the lighting/filters. Looks pretty good, I just wish they had included a 2nd head sculpt with more of a watery/wet hair look like he's swimming fast. I hope they make Black Manta, was easily my favorite parts of the movie.

I agree - a 2nd sculpt would have been better than interchangeable hair. I forgot about his beard - that would have to be streamlined as well for the wet look.

I agree - a 2nd sculpt would have been better than interchangeable hair. I forgot about his beard - that would have to be streamlined as well for the wet look.

Even better would be a 2nd head sculpt with interchangeable hair like you suggested. They could have a few different styles, wet slicked back like he's on land, flowing straight back like he's speed swimming, etc. By the time he gets this suit in the film his hair is not dry and fluffy like this at all it's water world status.

Even better would be a 2nd head sculpt with interchangeable hair like you suggested. They could have a few different styles, wet slicked back like he's on land, flowing straight back like he's speed swimming, etc. By the time he gets this suit in the film his hair is not dry and fluffy like this at all it's water world status.

I haven't seen it yet but that's what I'm expecting. This isn't him teaming up with the rest of the JL on land, it's mostly him in Atlantis & under the sea, so his "action" figure should reflect that fact.

The trolls are strong in this thread. Geez!!!
I think it looks really good.

I have been noticing that this figure has a dedicated crew of trolls who feel the need to say something negative Everytime someone mentions this figure. They will be returning repeatedly Everytime there is any new news or pictures posted. If they prefer the JL version why not stay there?

I have been noticing that this figure has a dedicated crew of trolls who feel the need to say something negative Everytime someone mentions this figure. They will be returning repeatedly Everytime there is any new news or pictures posted. If they prefer the JL version why not stay there?

I don't mind criticism, take it with a pinch of salt. The ones you're talking about have prob never read an aquaman comic or seen the film but it's a free country (forum)

Funny how anyone who has an opinion that varies in the slightest from yours is a troll. I have the JL figure on order & I also made negative comments about the prototype for this in the summer because IMO it seemed rushed & the color looked inaccurate. That said, I was hoping for a home run from HT with the actual release. Unfortunately I don't think that's the case, and stating why I feel that way doesn't make me a troll. It's still possible that HT will tweak this before it gets shipped, so I'm not writing it off just yet. I'm interested in both Mera and Black Manta as well, but I fear they'll look incomplete on the shelf without a non-JL Aquaman.

Not that it really matters that much but he isn't really going to be able to lift his hands over his head. His hips should be a bit more narrow too but, meh, it's fine.

Constructive criticism is now the same as trolling? What's the point of a forum if any kind of debate is immediately shut down.

Sorry for expecting HT to put a bit more effort into this figure. I love the colours of the suit but the lack of a new sculpt is disappointing.

To me it doesn't seem like anyone is trolling here. Most of the criticism seems to be "same head sculpt as the JL figure" which is a valid criticism. As far as the colors being accurate for the suit, it seems much more vibrant in promotional stuffs and more subdued in the actual film so it's hard to say if the color is off, chest armor might not be shiny enough but the colors seem pretty right. If people have gripes or complaints about the figure, I'm all for hearing it, if people are just gonna bash the movie or the DCEU, this isn't the forum for that. I welcome all valid criticism especially if it results in good convos and maybe even the figure getting tweaked before release to please consumers. I'm on the fence about getting this just because of money/space but if they make Black Manta, I will cave.

Was worried they would miss the eye color change from JL to this new film. Glad they got that right with the scuplt at least. And i do rather like that base and theme. Ill get it. Movie looks to be something magical.. Damn...i thought i was done with the dceu with the rumored affleck and cavil departure. Momoa/Wan may make it worth staying. At least for collecting

Any thoughts on whether they will put this on pre order with the risk that some will cancel JL ?

Or they put this up for pre order after JL aquaman is out for delivery .?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any thoughts on whether they will put this on pre order with the risk that some will cancel JL ?

Unclear. The same thing is kinda happening with Luke from Return of the Jedi right now. Hot Toys just put out a deluxe figure a few months back, pre-order just went up last week for another version and many are wondering on how this will play out. Will people on the fence about getting the already released version wait for the newer version? Hot Toys is being kinda weird right now with releases. Anyone who didn't like JL but liked Aquaman and ordered that may now want to cancel and wait for this version from his own film with the more traditional suit. HT may be shooting themselves in the foot with the way they're releasing figures and pre-orders right now for certain license.

It's already up for pre-order on some sites. Some will definitely cancel the JL Aquaman if they haven't already but that's always the risk of holding back a figure this long.

I'm still keeping my JL Aquamn pre-order to display with the rest of the team. I'll only get this version if Mera and Black Manta are made.

On the Affleck/Cavil rumours. Mamoa denied Cavill was done playing Superman so that gives me hope both might stay. I'd love to see Wan direct a Superman in a similar tone to the Aquaman movie.

snydercut_46477855_373187396761023_6199510669410369142_n.jpg

The sculpt really is a missed opportunity. his hair was never that puffy looking. it needs more blonde highlights and should have draped behind him more. With a lot more of a wet appearance. its a shame. but ill get it nevertheless

View attachment 436853

The sculpt really is a missed opportunity. his hair was never that puffy looking. it needs more blonde highlights and should have draped behind him more. With a lot more of a wet appearance. its a shame. but ill get it nevertheless

That was something I noticed real quick, especially when on land, his hair had LOTS of blonde highlights, this figure seems to have none as it looks like the JL head sculpt. I'm optimistic they might tweak this a bit before release though.

Not picking this up and sticking with the JL version but despite some complaints of it, I like the re-use of Anakin's base as water.

Back