Hot Toys - Aquaman - Aquaman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
b2ab916e76ab7603ab7ac5a6a8ecf4fb.jpg

ab9bfee5625e73fe2e6571d7841ac116.jpg

fee6a81d1bb13730c10700de249ba780.jpg

I think I like the first version better.

Then why you in this thread instead of the JL thread? You trolls are just determined to keep trolling.

I think this figure would have benefited with rooted hair.
His sculpted locks look like a mop.

Total BS. It's amazing how people like you constantly keep asking for doll hair on figures even though they always look like crap. Bad enough the female figures get ruined by cheap looking doll hair. We don't need the male figures going down that drain too.

Then why you in this thread instead of the JL thread? You trolls are just determined to keep trolling.
I’m sorry. Did I do something to offend you? I’m posting in here because this looks interests me and all I said was I think I like the JL figure more. Doesn’t mean I don’t like this one. You seem to be attributing to me some transgression that someone else placed on you. It’s worth discussing because they are both aquaman. Are you offended by words?
Total BS. It's amazing how people like you constantly keep asking for doll hair on figures even though they always look like crap. Bad enough the female figures get ruined by cheap looking doll hair. We don't need the male figures going down that drain too.
Are you afraid of doll hair on your dolls? Guess what? These are dolls. If you can’t be adult enough to admit that then you are deluding yourself and just sound idiotic and sexist.

Your opinion is your opinion and you are entitled to it but don’t throw accusations at others if you don’t understand their intentions. Clearly you misunderstood mine.

I’m sorry. Did I do something to offend you? I’m posting in here because this looks interests me and all I said was I think I like the JL figure more. Doesn’t mean I don’t like this one. You seem to be attributing to me some transgression that someone else placed on you. It’s worth discussing because they are both aquaman. Are you offended by words?

Are you afraid of doll hair on your dolls? Guess what? These are dolls. If you can’t be adult enough to admit that then you are deluding yourself and just sound idiotic and sexist.

Your opinion is your opinion and you are entitled to it but don’t throw accusations at others if you don’t understand their intentions. Clearly you misunderstood mine.

You are either being a hypocrite or not too bright. You are clearly just hanging here to troll. I would not go into a Sideshow Superman thread to post pictures of the Prime 1 Superman I have on pre order to prove its superior even though I think it is. It's fine you think the JL version is superior. The normal thing would be going to the thread of that figure and say it's superior. No need to be in this thread with that. I prefer the War Machine Mark 3 over the upcoming Mark 4 but i won't be going into the thread of the Mark 4 with pictures of the Mark 3 claiming it's superior.

This is just and example of you making a stupid post while calling someone else stupid. How did you manage to not understand a simple statement like"doll hair on these figures look like crap"? How exactly did you decipher that to mean someone is afraid of doll hair or don't want to "admit" these are dolls? You must have really done poorly on exams requiring reading and understanding then answering questions.

I think the reason HT doesn't do rooted hair on male sculpts is because some folks complain that it makes the figures look like Barbie dolls. I prefer rooted hair but usually have to get them redone in the secondary. It's too bad HT cants offer an alternative like Asmus did with Boromir. The techniques have continued to improve in the past couple of years. Not as good as hand work, but it they offered haired versions for say a $25-$30 premium, I'd buy.

You are either being a hypocrite or not too bright. You are clearly just hanging here to troll. I would not go into a Sideshow Superman thread to post pictures of the Prime 1 Superman I have on pre order to prove its superior even though I think it is. It's fine you think the JL version is superior. The normal thing would be going to the thread of that figure and say it's superior. No need to be in this thread with that. I prefer the War Machine Mark 3 over the upcoming Mark 4 but i won't be going into the thread of the Mark 4 with pictures of the Mark 3 claiming it's superior.

So sayeth the self-anointed paragon of SSF board normalcy! :lecture Funny, of all the posters in this thread you seem to be the only one who, rather than participate in a civil fashion, is purposefully antagonistic and rude. I think you may want to check a mirror before throwing the troll name around.

So sayeth the self-anointed paragon of SSF board normalcy! :lecture Funny, of all the posters in this thread you seem to be the only one who, rather than participate in a civil fashion, is purposefully antagonistic and rude. I think you may want to check a mirror before throwing the troll name around.

Your post is just an example of you being a hypocrite. You completely ignore the fact that thd person started with the insults and ingore the points I made pointing out he was trolling. Calling a troll a troll is not being uncivil.

This is just and example of you making a stupid post while calling someone else stupid. How did you manage to not understand a simple statement like"doll hair on these figures look like crap"? How exactly did you decipher that to mean someone is afraid of doll hair or don't want to "admit" these are dolls? You must have really done poorly on exams requiring reading and understanding then answering questions.

Really? You must have a serious problem and I will pray for you.

First of all I never said one was “Superior”. I’ll say it again, I like the JL version more. I still like this version and don’t have any problem with it. I wasn’t trolling and your description of this whole situation was confrontational from the start and the definition of trolling. You were the one who resorted to name calling first. I was simply responding to your initial hostility.

I never called you stupid I merely pointed out that your statement made you sound stupid. That’s a totally different thing. Insulting other people’s intelligence is a sign of lacking intelligence. If name calling is all you have you have already lost the argument.

If you don’t like other people’s opinions then maybe you should not interact with other people. Why does one have to be destroyed in your opinion for another to be elevated? I’m not bashing people’s opinions on this figure I was only stating mine.

I have been a contributor to this forum for over 8 years and made many friends and few enemies. I’ve conducted many transactions and had positive reviews both as a customer and a seller. I’ve helped people by answering questions and been helped by many good people on these boards. I’m not sure who appointed you keeper of the keys on these boards but you should really check your attitude and do some soul searching to see where your anger is coming from before pointing fingers at others while you misinterpret them.

Really? You must have a serious problem and I will pray for you.

First of all I never said one was “Superior”. I’ll say it again, I like the JL version more. I still like this version and don’t have any problem with it. I wasn’t trolling and your description of this whole situation was confrontational from the start and the definition of trolling. You were the one who resorted to name calling first. I was simply responding to your initial hostility.

I never called you stupid I merely pointed out that your statement made you sound stupid. That’s a totally different thing. Insulting other people’s intelligence is a sign of lacking intelligence. If name calling is all you have you have already lost the argument.

If you don’t like other people’s opinions then maybe you should not interact with other people. Why does one have to be destroyed in your opinion for another to be elevated? I’m not bashing people’s opinions on this figure I was only stating mine.

I have been a contributor to this forum for over 8 years and made many friends and few enemies. I’ve conducted many transactions and had positive reviews both as a customer and a seller. I’ve helped people by answering questions and been helped by many good people on these boards. I’m not sure who appointed you keeper of the keys on these boards but you should really check your attitude and do some soul searching to see where your anger is coming from before pointing fingers at others while you misinterpret them.

The dishonesty of your posts is astounding. You are the one who continues to insult my intelligence while claiming you are not when everyone can see it. You completely ignore my pointing out your trolling post. Why are you in this thread posting pictures of another figure(taken in studio with proper camera and lighting vs blurry pictures this one taken with most likely a camera phone in less than ideal conditions) claiming its superior? If you think that figure is superior then there is a thread for it that you should be in. Why are you here? I called you out for trolling then you angrily called my post idiot then made up some other nonsense about me being afraid of calling these figures dolls.

Keep in mind, this is the same individual that made the disturbing post in the SW section stating in so many words that older fans of Star Wars need to die in order for Star Wars discussions to improve for his convenience:

You lost me when you described the Original Trilogy as "utter perfection"
You Rose tinted glasses wearing old or middle aged people need help. I love star wars
All of them except TLJ. To be so delusional that you continually manage to over look all of the problems the OT has shows you and others like you have issues. The future star wars discussions will be some much better once all the old people who obviously drank and are still drinking the Kool aid die off or are too busy going to the.bathroom in their adult diapers while in nursing homes. The movies will be actually judged on merit then.

What a nice guy he is. :lol

Best to just avoid and ignore these self loathing types.

I have to disagree there.

Rooted hair I think seldom works because in many cases, it just comes out looking a bit odd to me being that the hair is essentially 1/1 scale on a 1/6 scale head. Sculpted hair I feel often tends to capture the intricate details in hairstyles better at this scale than what even hours of futzing with rooted hair can.

Sometimes, rooted hair does look better though. The Ripley figure for instance I think is one of them. The prototype had rooted hair, but HT went with sculpted hair for the final product, which I think didn’t look as good. So I suppose it just depends on the figure. This figure I feel isn’t one that would look good with rooted hair.

Keep in mind, this is the same individual that made the disturbing post in the SW section stating in so many words that older fans of Star Wars need to die in order for Star Wars discussions to improve for his convenience:

What a nice guy he is. :lol

Best to just avoid and ignore these self loathing types.

LOL Trolls gotta troll.

Being so highly educated, you must be glitching due to your major grammatical issues.
Anyways, I do agree that the JL version is aesthetically more pleasing in a cinematic universe compared to Corn-on-the-cob man. Speaking of Star Wars, I'm definitely losing my mind (old fart moment), cause for a split second I believed the OT was vastly superior to the prequels. But please excuse me young man, I need to go get my adult diaper changed.

LOL Trolls gotta troll.

Yeah the fact that you are completely ignoring me calling out your trolling proves my point. Why are you coming to the thread of a figure you think is inferior with pictures of another figure? It's ok to prefer the other version but why you are so desperate to try to convince everyone else?

Back