1/6 Hot Toys AOTC - C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn’t going to get this but now that they added the Battle Droid head, i am all in. I can’t wait for Hot Toys Battle Droids.

For those wondering. Yes, Battle droïd blaster and head revealed at ACGHK (Ani-Con Hong-Kong)

At around 6:30 in this video.

Nice! That ups the wow factor and display ability of this. I always liked the E2 design and would like to get it but I’m not sure if I have enough room in my display cases.

With the blaster you start to see how this figure choice makes sense - for robot collectors and an Asian market that's not quite as connected to 3PO, having him looking a bit more menacing in the rusted deco and holding a blaster maybe might sell more beyond those wanting to complete a PT display with the other figs.

Like others mentioned it’s a unique look for 3PO. I think it’ll look great on the shelf. Would be cool if the droid head would actually fit on the body.

If we ever get to see this 3PO getting a release, i'm convinced HT will make sure battle droid head fits on the body. Certainly a display option that would drive sales up.

Is something off about the mouth area and the proportion of the eyes (too large) compared to the rest of the head? It looks off to me, similarly like the Black Series figure.

Frankly, comparing movie stills to this figure, i don't see glaring differences. Always keep in mind photographs can be misleading and distort proportions.

I think it's the con lighting and those unlit eyes that are throwing it off for me. I wish HT would provide faux-lit up exchangeable eyes with their Protocol Droids.

HT-C-3PO-comparison.jpg

Also, the lips seem a bit larger than on the actual prop.

I actually sort of like this 3PO even though he's from my least favorite Star Wars film. I like the dirty/grimey look he has to him.

I think it's the con lighting and those unlit eyes that are throwing it off for me. I wish HT would provide faux-lit up exchangeable eyes with their Protocol Droids.

View attachment 420780

Also, the lips seem a bit larger than on the actual prop.

IMO looking at these comparison pictures, the diameter on the figures eyes are larger than the film prop version. Also the “owl” areas of the helmet that surround the eyes are set too close together. It gives the figures head a fat appearance compared to the film prop costume. Having said that it’s still a great looking figure, just not the version of Threepio that I’m after.

Back