1/6 Hot Toys AOTC - C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - C-3PO

Guess HT is working their way up from "worst Threepio" (first TFA, now this) to "best"... going to be a long wait if they make every version.
What about the “naked” version from TPM?

Interesting Susan didn’t want to talk about this in the live tour. “Pretend you don’t see C3PO”.

Why don't they release the version from ANH? That seems like the obvious choice.

Odd choice for HT indeed. But after seeing all the other must haves, my wallet thanks HT choice for a PT 3PO. I will continue to wait. :)

Interesting Susan didn’t want to talk about this in the live tour. “Pretend you don’t see C3PO”.

I noticed that. Perhaps it wasn't supposed to be on the floor yet?

It does look very good. Just not sure I would need this one as space is a premium now and there are far more iconic figures that could materialise.

Yep. Intriguing. She also said "display only piece" when passing by the Falcon Cockpit and also something along the lines of "not coming just yet".

Watching Sideshow's video tour again, noticed a tab on 3PO's stand. "Products not final. pending Licensor approval".

Credit: Rebelscum.

Hot-Toys-2018-San-Diego-Display-First-Look-008.jpg

where's this video???

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIGYA3zezAqaGArFnogZpLA

From everything I have seen so far I like C3PO the best. But since I only do OT it’s a pass on everything! Just give me my Returns Penguin already!!!!!:mad:

It would be neat to have a TPM-AOTC-ROTS-ANH-TFA, a sort of an evolution if you will, line up on the shelves but given that the TFA version hasn't come out I'm not holding my breath.

Why don't they release the version from ANH? That seems like the obvious choice.

"Always leave them wanting more."

If they released the ANH one first, no one would buy any other version.

If they release this one first, some people will buy it just because they need a 3PO in their collection.

Dammit Hot Toys, give me a decent, OT-style 3PO I can buy, so I can stop with my damn Star Wars figure collecting. WTF is this?

They’re teasing us. This is the silliest reveal of the day.. Would laugh if they swapped it out for the OT version tomorrow.

We'll get TC-14 and K-3PO before they're through with this mould (and actually I like both of them).

It would be neat to have a TPM-AOTC-ROTS-ANH-TFA, a sort of an evolution if you will, line up on the shelves but given that the TFA version hasn't come out I'm not holding my breath.

How hard would it be to do a pull apart ESB version? I guess it would be non-articulated? You could include the bag and put it on Chewie’s back.

Back