1/6 Hot Toys AOTC - C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tbf it’s way down on the list of figures that need to be made anyway. The only C-3PO we need is an OT version.

Having the Tamashii OT 3PO inthe collection, i could wait for a HT version in favor of a PT or even ST version. Yet, i concur, chances of a AOTC version being released are very slim.

I'd gladly add a version of each movie myself. 3PO is the character that spoke the first line of dialogue in the Star Wars franchise after all.

Yes, it’s almost getting weird that we haven’t seen an OT 3PO yet...

Yeah, they released R2 but it's probably 2 1/2 years ago they showed the HT 3PO and it never went to PO. Something must have gone wrong with the manufacturing - seems obvious they would have released it to go with R2 but R2 is like 18 months ago now, long gone as a newer fig.

Been waiting for the official announcement since then...

r2-d2-deluxe-version_star-wars_gallery_5c4b9f3992b84.jpg

They have released many Star Wars figures since then. The releases have been just as regular since as before TLJ. Why would TLJ have any influence on whether they’d release an OT C-3PO?

3po is the only unreleased star wars figure I plan on buying. Would prefer a straight ot version, but so long as you can give him the silver shin and two gold arms I don't care much how he comes branded.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Yeah, they released R2 but it's probably 2 1/2 years ago they showed the HT 3PO and it never went to PO. Something must have gone wrong with the manufacturing - seems obvious they would have released it to go with R2 but R2 is like 18 months ago now, long gone as a newer fig.

Probably couldn’t solve the thumb issue like Sideshow

They were marketing him as TFA Threepio, with change-out Red for Gold arm. I don't know what's involved in their contracts, if they're locked into the Threepio as a TLJ release, or if they could market him from any of the films? But consider these are the releases since TLJ came out on 12/15/17:

Sequel Tilogy:
TLJ Leia Organa
TLJ Luke Crait

Original:
ESB Boba Fett
ROTJ Palpatine
ROTJ Royal Guard
ESB Leia Bespin
SW R2-D2
ROTJ Stormtroopers
ROTJ Luke

Prequel Trilogy:
ROTS Obi-Wan
AOTC Yoda
AOTC Dooku
ROTS Anakin Dark Side
TPM Maul
ROTS Cody
TPM Qui-Gon

Solo & Rogue One:
Solo Han Solo
HS Mud Trooper
Solo Patrol Trooper
RO Krennic

Any pre-orders before TLJ came out they were already committed to doing, so only 2 sequel releases since then, one possibly of commemorative interest to some fans, and the other a rehash special version..............Just sayin. Based on the releases, I think we'd be more apt to see an AOTC Threepio instead of ST Threepio, maybe they're just waiting for enough time to go by so that they can do just that and hope people forgot their original release strategy for him as a ST figure, or maybe they're hoping the next film will restore balance to the force of fans so they can proceed with Threepio then.

On a side note, I was disappointed that R2 didn't have the extending jets on his legs that he had in the PT, that would have been pretty cool. But considering some fans hate the PT, it may have been a marketing decision.

Sorry, I misunderstood your original post, I thought you were talking about the teased ot C-3PO from the R2-R2 deluxe promo pics. I agree there's no chance that C-3PO with red arm will ever come out. Who'd want it really? I for one couldn't care less about them ever releasing that version. 3PO is a character we only really need one definitive figure of. The definitive version is most definitely the ot version. He's been nothing more than a wasted bit part character in the st... so far. A TPM or AOTC version would be the only other possibilities that would be even slightly tempting.

Back