Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best comment on this thread since license was announced!!
Honestly it is pretty sadly true. I'm not as passionate about the Batman Returns license as some posters in here but in general it is kind of irritating with Hot Toys. It's a love and hate thing with them. I love their products but I hate how long it takes for things to be announced and delivered (on time or at least close to estimated release date).

Still really hoping we get a Batman figure with Keaton headsculpt/ripped cowl.

Honestly it is pretty sadly true. I'm not as passionate about the Batman Returns license as some posters in here but in general it is kind of irritating with Hot Toys. It's a love and hate thing with them. I love their products but I hate how long it takes for things to be announced and delivered (on time or at least close to estimated release date).

Still really hoping we get a Batman figure with Keaton headsculpt/ripped cowl.

Did Keaton not sign off on his likeness? Or Did Hot Toys just not do one.

Did Keaton not sign off on his likeness? Or Did Hot Toys just not do one.
I might be wrong but I don't think there's a scene in Batman (1989) where Batman took his cowl off so I'd imagine there was no Keaton sculpt for the DX09 because of that. This time would make sense because they could do a regular Batman with his cowl on and the one from the end with the cowl torn off and Bruce's/Keaton's face revealed.

People on Facebook like Mark OSR or PLASTIC ENEMIES are posting Batman Returns Pictures... Is the storm coming ? What do you guys think ?

Personally i think the dislike for Hot Toys is small overall world wide. Its the people who have issues just tend to post far more than people who are happy customers. And so many of the issues people have tend to be overly nitpicky and silly. Thats what happens on any internet community like this. They become places for people to complain. And this site is no indication of their entire customer base is because not everyone who collects Hot Toys uses this website. I know several HTs collectors never even heard of this site, and a few others I know can't stand this site because of all the complaining that's been going on for years and years.

Also so many people who complain are just the same people over & over again, and they go in every thread. The happy customers who come to this site i think just tend to post less because they are sick of the complaining, arguing, and silliness.

If you look at a thread, say the Loki HTs thread. there are 5,110 total posts. Their are several hundred people who have posted atleast once, but 20 people make up 2,300 of that threads posts. its like that on all threads. 20 people, who are complaining or liking something make up more than 1/2 of a threads posts. That is a really small amount of people. if I counted the top 40 people, it would probably make up almost all of the 5110 posts. 40 people is just such a small number of customers, who some probably didnt even buy the figure, when there are thousands of these products being made.

HTs Selina Kyle thread: over 8,611 posts. just 20 people make up for almost 3,000 of that threads posts.

and if you look at the top posters, especially on the big name threads, Batman, Superman, DC, Marvel stuff, the same people usually wind up in the top 10, 20 or 30 of the posters. So a lot of the same people are the ones posting over & over.

Plus the biggest indications that HTs is doing just fine is that most of their figures still sell out, they are making more product than they have before, and their likenesses & craft keeps getting better. Some just dont see it that way, and thats fine. But i really think most of their customers love collecting their figures.

the funny thing too is most people who do complain on here still continue to buy their products. So....:dunno

I'm sorry I can't agree with you here. I have to say Hot Toys is actually decreasing in quality recently. They used to be so so back in the early days and then with competition like Enterbay, they worked hard and really rose in quality and skills. The sculpts on the bank robber Joker was very impressive. The sculpts for some of the Avengers figures are top notch as well. But now because of how many licenses HT has acquired, they just can't handle that many sculpting without expansion so now there are new sculptors with less experience. I felt like a lot of projects that they don't seem to be hugely popular they use new sculptors to handle them which ends up with head sculpts that doesn't quite reach the expected Hot Toys quality. Examples are Ghost Rider - Johnny Blaze (Nick Cage) head sculpt, the recent GI Joe2 Roadblock (The Rock) , Bruce Willis (Bruce Willis), etc. There's such a big difference with the headsculpts mentioned and the really jaw dropping ones like The Dark Knight - Joker ver.2, Batman - Batman, Joker, Joker meme ver. Chris Reeve Superman, etc.

Guys I just came from Facebook and did you know that Plastic Enemies have been posting loads of Batman Returns pictures? What could it all mean??? :monkey3

Eh, I think Hot Toys quality and likeness department has been pretty consistent. Some wins, some fails,some so-so.
Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Instead of focusing on duplicates, they should focus on figures that they promised their collectors years ago. Did we really need the Mime Joker this soon?

I'm sorry I can't agree with you here. I have to say Hot Toys is actually decreasing in quality recently. They used to be so so back in the early days and then with competition like Enterbay, they worked hard and really rose in quality and skills. The sculpts on the bank robber Joker was very impressive. The sculpts for some of the Avengers figures are top notch as well. But now because of how many licenses HT has acquired, they just can't handle that many sculpting without expansion so now there are new sculptors with less experience. I felt like a lot of projects that they don't seem to be hugely popular they use new sculptors to handle them which ends up with head sculpts that doesn't quite reach the expected Hot Toys quality. Examples are Ghost Rider - Johnny Blaze (Nick Cage) head sculpt, the recent GI Joe2 Roadblock (The Rock) , Bruce Willis (Bruce Willis), etc. There's such a big difference with the headsculpts mentioned and the really jaw dropping ones like The Dark Knight - Joker ver.2, Batman - Batman, Joker, Joker meme ver. Chris Reeve Superman, etc.

I think none of the Dark Knight batman HS is any good. And I actually really like the Bruce Willis one, its amazing!

yah, we will just have to disagree because i LOVE all the Avengers, i have them all so far. They are all pretty amazing figures. And i love the TDKR figures too, Joker 2.0, Luke Skywalker, all relatively new figures. The ones your talking about GI Roadblock, and Bruce Willis haven't even come out yet. And for the GI Joe line, the movie Storm Shadow looks to be AMAZING!!!

Thing is your mainly talking about headsculpts, which can be a very subjective matter because we all see things differently. And your talking about some figures that arent even released yet.

Plus i care more about the overall figure, the clothing, accessories, weapons, etc. Take like Avengers Loki....it may be one of the greatest 1/6 figures I have ever seen. The clothing is ridiculous!!! And if you want to talk about NEW stuff that hasnt even been released, Jor-El, Superman, and the armor of Zod, 66 batman, all those IM armors, and The Mandarin so far all look mind blowing to me!!!! And I love The Crow as well. Although i would have preferred a non-teeth smiling version, he still looks amazing in prototype stage because the overall figure is beautiful IMO.

To each their own I guess. We all see things different. But if some people are not happy with HTs, i still question why the grumpy people even buy them, because they certainly do....seems a bit hypocritical to me.

yah, we will just have to disagree because i LOVE all the Avengers, i have them all so far. They are all pretty amazing figures. And i love the TDKR figures too, Joker 2.0, Luke Skywalker, all relatively new figures. The ones your talking about GI Roadblock, and Bruce Willis haven't even come out yet. And for the GI Joe line, the movie Storm Shadow looks to be AMAZING!!!

Thing is your mainly talking about headsculpts, which can be a very subjective matter because we all see things differently. And your talking about some figures that arent even released yet.

Plus i care more about the overall figure, the clothing, accessories, weapons, etc. Take like Avengers Loki....it may be one of the greatest 1/6 figures I have ever seen. The clothing is ridiculous!!! And if you want to talk about NEW stuff that hasnt even been released, Jor-El, Superman, and the armor of Zod, 66 batman, all those IM armors, and The Mandarin so far all look mind blowing to me!!!! And I love The Crow as well. Although i would have preferred a non-teeth smiling version, he still looks amazing in prototype stage because the overall figure is beautiful IMO.

To each their own I guess. We all see things different. But if some people are not happy with HTs, i still question why the grumpy people even buy them, because they certainly do....seems a bit hypocritical to me.

:goodpost: I agree. Too many people just focus on the face sculpt all the time and not the figure as a whole. Like the dx12 for example. Just because the cowl is not 100% perfect. You all these people saying how the figure sucks. Which is not the case IMO.

:goodpost: I agree. Too many people just focus on the face sculpt all the time and not the figure as a whole. Like the dx12 for example. Just because the cowl is not 100% perfect. You all these people saying how the figure sucks. Which is not the case IMO.

And I always like that the figure sucks, yet SS and everywhere else is sold out and Ebay and Amazon have it for like $450 lol.

"This thing sucks! Give me your car and we'll call it a fair trade."

Back