Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See, it's amazing how quickly a company's profile can drop in this business, a year ago this place was full of Hot Toy fanboys (Butters). Any negativity towards HT at the time would not be tolerated. Now I think pretty much everyone has one issue or another with the company. They are a greedy, pretty unlikable company IMO. They do make pretty amazing toys though, but it's becoming less and less. **** iron man.

See, it's amazing how quickly a company's profile can drop in this business, a year ago this place was full of Hot Toy fanboys (Butters). Any negativity towards HT at the time would not be tolerated. Now I think pretty much everyone has one issue or another with the company. They are a greedy, pretty unlikable company IMO. They do make pretty amazing toys though, but it's becoming less and less. **** iron man.

Rorywan makes a point. Even since I've been here, which I think is about January, people have become much more open in their dislike for HT's and the way that they conduct themselves. Not only with their quality control but also in terms of the way that they farm some licences and release any POS under the sun and leave others to rot after announcement, like this line.

I think the dislike was always there, but when things are really moving on a 'very high anticipation' figure...it tends to get more easily forgotten about.

As this one has dragged on for so very long now, it is easy to express an opinion on the disdain with which HT seems to hold for it's fan base, and not expect to get flamed to hell and back about it.

It's also something of a paradox, all the while that this has been brewing re '...Returns' and (let's not forget) 'Amazing Spiderman', HT has received almost universal praise for their Avengers line. Though it is a line not free of some delay and QC problems (I hate the word 'issues'...it plays down to a lesser importance something that should definitely be dealt with and corrected) the response was almost usually positive.

I myself can feel that disparity, I have all the Avengers out so far (with my remaining Hulk and IM-VII on their way from my UK supplier soon), and both superb Batman '89 figures and I want the figures from '....Returns' too.

The one place where HT has us though is where else are you going to get it? They can charge what they want when they want unfortunately.

The one place where HT has us though is where else are you going to get it? They can charge what they want when they want unfortunately.

Yeah, once they even show us a prototype of a figure doesn't mean it's anywhere near coming out.

Look at X-men First Class Professor X and Amazing Spider-man among others.

They just get released when and if they do.:dunno :(

Having given HT a good whack of my money since I started collecting hi-end figures in 2011 they have still yet to answer me back about a replacement part I enquired about over a week ago.

So I would say I have HT in my bad books at the moment but as you say they do make great figures.

Jesus..and they actually look a bit **** when together like that as well.

Indeed. Way too much of a good thing.

:lol nice. Batman approves this message:

13694315940264.jpg

:lol Saved.

:rotfl

Someone was joking with me in another thread about the returns figures being delayed for so long that they will be 400 bucks US by the time they are released here in America. Sad part it is we aren't actually that far off from reality, How long before a lot of collectors are priced out of collecting?

Its about time for me... I ordered and cancelled ed209. Love it... But just not worth so much. I left hulk even when i wanted it bad and i left batmobile.
I am keeping a rule not to exceed 250 and may be one or two odd figures abt 400 the ones that are must die for. Rest will be all pass for me. Just not worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

How long before a lot of collectors are priced out of collecting?

Not too far off, I'd reckon. How many can regularly afford $300-400+ figures?

Then again, they take so long to get stuff out that at least there's time to save up for them.:lol

But let's face it, when you start getting prices to crazy levels, even for high-end stuff, it's hard to justify continuing to collect.

I guess it's all in what someone can really afford.

Not too far off, I'd reckon. How many can regularly afford $300-400+ figures?

Then again, they take so long to get stuff out that at least there's time to save up for them.:lol

But let's face it, when you start getting prices to crazy levels, even for high-end stuff, it's hard to justify continuing to collect.

I guess it's all in what someone can really afford.

That's the only positive thing about the long waits is you can save up for what you want.

True, the DX's and some of the Diecasts are getting up there in price. I'm just waiting for the day when your basic old MMS regular figure with nothing special is around 300 bucks.

Its about time for me... I ordered and cancelled ed209. Love it... But just not worth so much. I left hulk even when i wanted it bad and i left batmobile.
I am keeping a rule not to exceed 250 and may be one or two odd figures abt 400 the ones that are must die for. Rest will be all pass for me. Just not worth it.

I caved and ordered Robocop, and I think it'll be ok. I know I couldn't do both of them.

That's the only positive thing about the long waits is you can save up for what you want.

True, the DX's and some of the Diecasts are getting up there in price. I'm just waiting for the day when your basic old MMS regular figure with nothing special is around 300 bucks.

You can save up but with such prices we still wont be able to buy the figures coming out ... Cause if you were to buy 10 now we will buy 5 may be... So its a lose lose not like we are spending any less. So many tough decisions will be done and many good ones will be lost.

You can save up but with such prices we still wont be able to buy the figures coming out ... Cause if you were to buy 10 now we will buy 5 may be... So its a lose lose not like we are spending any less. So many tough decisions will be done and many good ones will be lost.

Oh I agree. I was actually talking about the long waits right now in the present. However, in the future, it'll be pretty much how you described.

Back