Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to admit with Returns being out of the SDCC line up I have zero excitement with the current HT catalog. Extremely boring " collecting" time for me right now.

No chance. I think at the rate they are going, theyd prolly try to diversify and make as many figures as possible. Maybe a civilian Wayne, a battle damaged, bruce/batman etc so that we gotta 'collect em all'.

There's a chance. Every DX Joker figure released was followed by a Batman one.

J B
DX01-DX02
J B
DX08-DX09
J B
DX11-DX12
J B?
DX-14- ?

And yet another Iron Man-related release revealed for HKACG 2013...

Now I get that "Batman Returns" is over 20 years old and its fans will always be there, and there is something to be said of "striking while the iron is hot" with this Marvel stuff....

But THIS!?! Multiple Iron Mans again and again... Ok. But 2 Tony starks from one movie!?!? And one of them incredibly scene-specific to a sequence that it seems the majority of folks are stating they weren't even big fans of (and that made very little sense). This before showing anything from a line announced over a year and a half ago?

Sigh... I know patience is a virtue. But this is getting ridiculous.

Sallah

I actually loved that scene in the film.

The Iron Man figures are getting old, but I think this is much more worthwhile than those millisecond shown Marks they're churning out.

The Iron Man figures are getting old, but I think this is much more worthwhile than those millisecond shown Marks they're churning out.

Yes that was my favorite scene in the film. Scrap the suit with the bells and whistles and get down to the nitty gritty!

They should just go ahead and change their name to Iron Man Toys. :lol

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

As for the scene- I don't want to get too far off-topic, but I just felt like it was the director indulging himself, trying to fit in his "style" of films while making little sense in being there. Tony had other armors... Why not just go get one to assault the stronghold instead of doing the MacGuyver ripoff? Or have Rhodey do it if it was that important to go right that minute?

Then again though, I felt like very little in that film made sense, so I could just be biased. :lol Seeing this thing over a Catwoman or Penguin teased 19 months ago stinks.

Sallah

What are you guys talking about this is good news, HKGC means there is still hope on seeing a Returns figure in that show, the fact they threw in tony Stark sneaking into the mandarins mansion is not only random but gives us hope we will see some kind of life in that show, SDCC was a total waste...

What are you guys talking about this is good news, HKGC means there is still hope on seeing a Returns figure in that show, the fact they threw in tony Stark sneaking into the mandarins mansion is not only random but gives us hope we will see some kind of life in that show, SDCC was a total waste...

I doubt it.

These Returns figures won't be shown for a while I bet. The 60s Adam West Batman stuff and the TDKR Bat and suit case is the most Batman we'll see for the time being.

Knowing Hot Toys, they'll probably pull a Blake or a Gordon out of their *** before unveiling The Bat, the Cat and the Penguin.

I agree. I'm not an Iron Man fan (or collector), but I can totally see why this is an interesting figure in the Iron Man line. It's visually unique and highlights an interesting aspect of the character.

As for the scene- I don't want to get too far off-topic, but I just felt like it was the director indulging himself, trying to fit in his "style" of films while making little sense in being there. Tony had other armors... Why not just go get one to assault the stronghold instead of doing the MacGuyver ripoff? Or have Rhodey do it if it was that important to go right that minute?

I really liked the scene and thought it was important to show that Tony is a really resourceful guy - the core of his success is his intelligence and adaptability, not his technology and wealth. I think the suits overshadowed the man underneath, since we hadn't really seen those aspects of his character since his time in the cave (five years and 3 movies back). This was an attempt to get back to the core character.

Exactly, this is a good thing - we might yet see Batman Returns figures soon! I wouldn't count on it, but it's not completely hopeless.

I doubt it.

These Returns figures won't be shown for a while I bet. The 60s Adam West Batman stuff and the TDKR Bat and suit case is the most Batman we'll see for the time being.

Knowing Hot Toys, they'll probably pull a Blake or a Gordon out of their *** before unveiling The Bat, the Cat and the Penguin.

Suitcase. ?

Suitcase. ?

That's what they call it. :lol

BAT SUIT CASE

221630_669096163117936_829808553_n.jpg

Back