Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Iron Man and Avengers stuff will get old after awhile, trust me. It's had pretty good staying power thus far but nothing lasts forever. These random suits that they're pumping out (which is insane and impressive) will bite them in the ***.

I think the reason Hot Toys stretches everything out is because they know this all too well. We're past the golden age of collecting. There's too much stuff coming out from everyone and it's all getting more and more expansive and expensive. The bubble will pop sooner or later.

Good argument, this reminds of the golden age of 1:18 model cars, they were in soo 13 years ago, I even went to the Exoticar store in NY when they had one, and it was awesome, I had close to at least 300 1:18 ranging from Exoto, AutoArt, Kyosho, Maisto, Bburago, UT Models and then some, rare expensive models, and nearly close to every line of cars, but then I sold nearly 98% of them when I got married. I tried getting into the scene again nowdays and it's not the same, close to all the model car websites that I bought my cars from are extinct or went bankrupt, or they barely sell any cars at all.

Granted the quality is insane and done better now, but even then the price of the cars themselves went up like 50%, I remember when I could buy an AutoArt or Kyosho for 69.99, but now the asking price on some models is 170.00 or 230.00 depending on the model. Now they don't release that many models as before...

Hot Toys could lead into this in the near future, hell, everything including the whole Super Heroe movie fad is a bubble waiting to burst.

Last edited:
But SDCC didn't unveil jack **** last year in terms of Hot Toys other than the '66 Batmobile and one or two other things.

Point is, no one should get their hopes up for the Returns crap. It ain't happening this summer with all the stuff that's been on back log and with all the new stuff that keeps popping up.

I understand your POV, I'm just saying that I doubt HT would blow their load at their distributors booth, when THEY'RE going to have a presence at a convention in HK the following week. I think there are still a few surprises; we just don't know what, yet. That being said, I'd say that Arkham has a better chance than Returns since they said that Joker was complete, and awaiting Batman, while they seemed to indicate that Returns had been pushed back in the interview in May.

Just looked at OMGs pics of Selina, hope HT don't drop the ball like that on the real Catwoman.

593.gif

I understand your POV, I'm just saying that I doubt HT would blow their load at their distributors booth, when THEY'RE going to have a presence at a convention in HK the following week. I think there are still a few surprises; we just don't know what, yet. That being said, I'd say that Arkham has a better chance than Returns since they said that Joker was complete, and awaiting Batman, while they seemed to indicate that Returns had been pushed back in the interview in May.

My dream Ani-Com reveals would be Arkham, Begins Ra's, and the next Star Wars figures. But Returns figures would certainly be swell.

Just looked at OMGs pics of Selina, hope HT don't drop the ball like that on the real Catwoman.

:exactly::goodpost::clap

So... any chance they are saving more reveals for later in the show, or is there no hope for Batman Returning at SDCC?

Sallah

My dream Ani-Com reveals would be Arkham, Begins Ra's, and the next Star Wars figures. But Returns figures would certainly be swell.

I'd love to see the first two, as well, and I must say, after seeing what they've done with the QS Batman, I'd love to see the QS Begins suit Batman that they were supposedly working on.

The teaser came out in 2012, so understandable people think this will never happen.

However Terminator 1 and 2 were 20 year old movies, not exactly a cash cow the way Iron Man is at the moment but HT still released 4 different versions of the T800. They'll get round to giving us Batman Returns and when they do it'll be amazing.

Even though I'm cutting back on collectibles (quitting my job soon to go freelance) I've reserved spots in my "wants" list for Penguin and Catwoman.

Why do I have the feeling that this figure is never going to get made? :( :(

Patience. When it makes sense on their marketing calendar they will unveil it. No reason to have it competing with the 66 stuff so I'm not surprised at all that it was a no show at Comic-Con.

Patience. When it makes sense on their marketing calendar they will unveil it. No reason to have it competing with the 66 stuff so I'm not surprised at all that it was a no show at Comic-Con.

HT should have never have announced the licence when they did. So far nothing exciting for me at SDCC. All the IM stuff honestly make me wanna throw up. Zero interest in anything HT has shown so far.

Whats up with NECA and the year of recycle....Gremlins and Predator. Zero interest in NECA as well.

WOW

HT should have never have announced the licence when they did. So far nothing exciting for me at SDCC. All the IM stuff honestly make me wanna throw up. Zero interest in anything HT has shown so far.

Whats up with NECA and the year of recycle....Gremlins and Predator. Zero interest in NECA as well.

WOW

Man of Steel Superman, The Zod teaser, and TDKR Armory all are things I'm looking forward too. But yeah not seeing these or the Arkham City figures was a huge disappointment.

Back