Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am hoping Batman does not include the glider as I know I will never use/display him with it. Anything to bring down cost of a figure.

Then maybe two releases, a basic MMS without the glider and problematic PERS, and a DX with the glider, extra faceplates, PERS, unmasked head and the whole shebang....

....but then people will complain that Hot Toys is double-dipping.

I'd be a little ticked if I got the cheap-o version and then they announced a version with everything a few months later. I prefer them to do it right or not at all.

They should do it the way it needs to be done: with all his weapons, the glider, the Wayne head, etc. If people aren't going to use them, well, they're there if you want to. If not, sell them off. With a license like Batman, you'll be paying a premium regardless of whether they go all out or not.

I hope that article is true, we've waited way too long for these figures. It better come with a Keaton head sculpt with the torn cowl too.

He's coming!!!!!!!!!!! :yess:

Batman-Returns-batman-8741202-852-480.jpg

Wonder if they are still gonna do atleast the 1/4 Batman as said in the annoucement 2+ yrs ago....

"The Batman prototype is nearly finished"... I really hope it will be shown this summer with PO and selling at Christmas.

There was nothing in that interview that indicated that this would be the year it comes out.

"The Batman prototype is nearly finished..." - that prototype was "nearly finished" when DX09 came out, given how close those two figures are.

By now I had wished HT had released these figures. I am afraid that I might blow the funds I have saved for two years on other “unplanned” HT’s. I don’t buy many HT (two to three a year). Sometimes I might feel a little withdrawal and make a unscheduled purchase because it was a great deal (i.e.. Barney Ross E2). Great Fantastic figure. But I would take Batman Returns any day before Ross!!!

Glad to see that Hot Toys hadn't completely forgotten about this license afterall! I'm definitely down for this, and hope he gets the full DX treatment.

Even though I had a slight issue with the DX09 treating the '89 suit as one full piece rubber ensemble instead of differentiating the armor pieces from the under suit (like the NECA 18" did)... I would totally be okay with it on a Batman Returns version. The armor seemed much more integrated into the body suit in that film-

68b2dfd1_MPW-40413.jpeg

And even I would have preferred Catwoman and Penguin first, I can't wait to finally have this one. The suit really is quite different from the '89, so having both next to each other should make for a cool "evolution" display.

Sallah

Even though I had a slight issue with the DX09 treating the '89 suit as one full piece rubber ensemble instead of differentiating the armor pieces from the under suit (like the NECA 18" did)... I would totally be okay with it on a Batman Returns version. The armor seemed much more integrated into the body suit in that film-

View attachment 106434

And even I would have preferred Catwoman and Penguin first, I can't wait to finally have this one. The suit really is quite different from the '89, so having both next to each other should make for a cool "evolution" display.

Sallah

Man that beast and exact pose in 1/4 scale would be INSANE....

I'm kinda hoping the arms are separate from the main body. If he does come with the glider wings I'd like to display him with those since my '89 version is a straightforward arms by the side pose. The glider wings will really make the figure look like a bat.

I'm kinda hoping the arms are separate from the main body. If he does come with the glider wings I'd like to display him with those since my '89 version is a straightforward arms by the side pose. The glider wings will really make the figure look like a bat.

I agree, something like the Hulk arms would be cool.

Back