Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joker looks like a hobo and Batman is just a bobble head wearing tactical garbage.

tumblr_lo0z2vwhnE1qd7lyl.gif

A simple explanation, 89 has awesome designs. The colors of the two Jack Jokers pop, and Keaton Bats is a dark monster looking figure with the yellow symbol standing out of nothing but black. The Nolan stuff is just plain, Joker looks like a hobo and Batman is just a bobble head wearing tactical garbage. Don't get me started on the vehicles.

Simple explanation of your opinion. If anything, your preference for the 89 "awesome designs" (which I really like too, btw) coupled with your distaste for the "plain" Nolan designs (which I also really like), is only an explanation why your specific collection would have 89 stuff in it and no Nolan stuff. It is NOT an explanation at all of the perception (inaccurate, imo) that overall the 89 Batman and/or Joker turns up more often than the TDK versions in collections with only one type of Batman present.

...It is NOT an explanation at all of the perception (inaccurate, imo) that overall the 89 Batman and/or Joker turns up more often than the TDK versions in collections with only one type of Batman present.

I do appreciate you posting the "your opinion" disclaimer in there man... Like you said, unless we both go through and count all the collections we have ever seen pictures of, we won't know which is truly accurate. That is why I stated "in my experience" (just as kia did).

Bantha just has a little more extreme take on it. ;)

Sallah

Last edited:
I do appreciate you posting the "your opinion" disclaimer in there man... Like you said, unless we both go through and count all the collections we have ever seen pictures of, we won't know which is truly accurate. That is why I stated "in my experience" (just as kia did).

Bantha just has a little more extreme take on it. ;)

Sallah

Yeah no problem. :) Speaking of opinions, when you quote only the last part of my sentence though, it looks like I'm expressing an opinion that is exactly opposite of what we know I was saying. :wave

Yeah no problem. :) Speaking of opinions, when you quote only the last part of my sentence though, it looks like I'm expressing an opinion that is exactly opposite of what we know I was saying. :wave

No harm meant- just did a quick cut so you'd know what I was referring to. I just went back and edited it to get the whole sentence.

Sallah

At this point, I think Hot Toys considers all Batman products to be in the same vein. It seems to be a yearly thing with them.

2011 focused on '89 Batman, '89 Joker and the Batmobile (SDCC 11'). 2012 focused on TDKR with DX 12 Bane, Catwoman the relaunched vehicles and the additional DX 11 Joker (SDCC 12'). 2013 saw the debut of the Adam West Batman and Burt Ward Robin (SDCC 13').

Then they have the cool little surprises they occasionally sprinkle in like a Toy Fairs figure, DX 14 Mime Joker, or the Armory set. It's not like they really play favorites (other than Marvel and Iron Man). Maybe if we have a little patience, 2014 will be the summer of Returns Batman, Catwoman and Penguin. I don't think it's unrealistic to think that one July afternoon, we'll come on here and see prototypes at the sideshow booth table, then get official specs/pics in August.

These were pretty big deals in previous years,

hottoys_joker.jpg

burton_batmobile.jpg

hot+toys+sdcc+%282%29.jpg

hottoyssdcc2013_main1.jpg

I think DiFabio is right. Especially since the 66 stuff is now being released and there's no modern Batman releases in the pipeline until Batfleck in 2016 (unless they actually complete the videogame stuff) there's at least a 2-year void for Hot Toys to fill with a few Bat-releases.

Unless of course, they just decide to spend that time going full-effort on Marvel and their other licenses.

Still waiting on a Batman and Robin announcement...

Don't hold your breath.

Actually, do. (kidding!!)

I think in a way Hot Toys do indeed space out their releases. It's easier for them licensing wise because I think they only hold on to the license for a few years only. So ideally HT would want to release all the main characters of the same property within the same year. Then depends on the sale numbers, decide if they want to expand the character selection a little more. That's how the DX Mime Joker came to be(And to off set Jack Nicholson's expensive fee)

Howard did say we will see Batman Returns items coming this year. I'm saving up for Batman, Catwoman, Penguin. I'm having my figures crossed that they will have a 1:4 Batman so I can throw away my Enterbay Batman. XD

Simple explanation of your opinion. If anything, your preference for the 89 "awesome designs" (which I really like too, btw) coupled with your distaste for the "plain" Nolan designs (which I also really like), is only an explanation why your specific collection would have 89 stuff in it and no Nolan stuff. It is NOT an explanation at all of the perception (inaccurate, imo) that overall the 89 Batman and/or Joker turns up more often than the TDK versions in collections with only one type of Batman present.

It's like The Happening where the plastic releases fumes which cause us to display only the figures in our collections with "good vibes".

A simple explanation, 89 has awesome designs. The colors of the two Jack Jokers pop, and Keaton Bats is a dark monster looking figure with the yellow symbol standing out of nothing but black. The Nolan stuff is just plain, Joker looks like a hobo and Batman is just a bobble head wearing tactical garbage. Don't get me started on the vehicles.

This post right here wins the thread. The whole freaking forum, in fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think in a way Hot Toys do indeed space out their releases. It's easier for them licensing wise because I think they only hold on to the license for a few years only. So ideally HT would want to release all the main characters of the same property within the same year. Then depends on the sale numbers, decide if they want to expand the character selection a little more. That's how the DX Mime Joker came to be(And to off set Jack Nicholson's expensive fee)

Howard did say we will see Batman Returns items coming this year. I'm saving up for Batman, Catwoman, Penguin. I'm having my figures crossed that they will have a 1:4 Batman so I can throw away my Enterbay Batman. XD
I kind of think in some ways they save certain things rather than blowing their load and giving a bunch of stuff in a year. They know Batman is a big seller and people will buy it no matter when they release it. Spacing different lines out over a few years gives them a few years to cash in on the same character for longer.

Di Fabio has a point, a really good one. So maybe we'll get batman returns this year. ESpecially because the DX09 is going up in prices but DX08 is still pretty manageable.

I think Returns is coming, and I do think there's still hope for Arkham City. End of the day, they've still got two more years until they can tackle new Batman, and, with the armory, they've pretty much blown their load on TDK stuff, so, between now and 2016, I can see their Batstuff being Returns, Arkham (which one is the question; though I do think this is way lower on the priority totem pole for them than Returns), the 66 Batmobile, and, possibly, a few other characters from that line, and last, but not least, I'd hazard a guess that they'll revisit the Begins suit in some form. Whether that's as a DX or a Quarter Scale figure, I'm uncertain, but I definitely can see it happening.

Back