Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree about the Armory, though. It'd be awesome if they packed it with an Alfred and some new faceplates. They could even make a separate Bruce figure with the Bat-computer.
While I do think his armory looks cool there wouldn't be much to it if they made it. All we really see (that I remember) is the big door that he opens and the empty suit inside. The one from Batman Returns isn't much either, the door opens like a drawbridge and has a window and just has a bunch of empty Batsuits, cowls, and boots lined up.

I'm probably in the minority here, but if I had to choose I'd actually rather have Mob Joker (w/ some extra Museum options), Battle Damaged Cathedral Batman, and a suit/weapon vault armory than Batman Returns figures.
I'd take the battle damaged Batman from the cathedral if it was made. I still don't know if that suit really warrants being made though, I know that some of us have had this discussion in here before but to me that look isn't overly memorable and the battle damage while there on screen is pretty hard to really see unless you really look for it. You can mainly tell that his cowl is scuffed up and has some damage and he's bleeding on his face plus the burnt Bat logo. That's about all that really stands out though. I'd probably pick it up though just because I was late to the game and didn't get a DX09. Personally I'd still rather have the Batman Returns suit if only for the sole purpose of the sewer scene where he has the cowl torn off.

Another Joker would be kind of cool too. I'd take the mob scene look if it included some of the museum pieces like you suggested. The first appearance in Grissom's office would be cool too with the torn gloves and long coat.

They ought to just make a DX 2.0, rather than a "Battle Damaged" version. Include a more accurate body with a fabric undersuit and separate, PVC armor, some new faceplates, all of the accessories, and two alternate cowls (one regular and one with scuff marks/burnt Batsymbol).

While I do think his armory looks cool there wouldn't be much to it if they made it. All we really see (that I remember) is the big door that he opens and the empty suit inside. The one from Batman Returns isn't much either, the door opens like a drawbridge and has a window and just has a bunch of empty Batsuits, cowls, and boots lined up.

There are some weapons/gadgets on the inside door panel.
889-alfred-vault.jpg

NEVER noticed the armory... The question is if it ever comes out, will it include like the massive quantities of the suits in hangers?

The one Vintij mentioned is probably the best chance of getting a non-hat haired Joker though. Which I do want.
:exactly: I should've emphasized that too actually.

True, that would be enticing.

I'd sooner have that with this look though,

batman+the+dark+knight+rises+gif+joker+gif+catwoman10.gif
Yeah, he looks excellent there - pretty damn intimidating. The Uncle Bingo is kinda there with the texturing in the face, but a truly menacing looking Jack head sculpt likt above, would be amazing, agreed.

Cold Toys
:rotfl :rotfl :goodpost:

Nicholson Joker FTW. Ledger was a nice novelty for a while till the fans turned me right off him. I've gone full circle. Nicholson PWNs. As does Keaton and Burton's Batverse.

Difabio was a big help in persuading me to get the 89mobile. I have not regretted that expensive purchase. Far from it in fact. As I said in the actual thread, I don't even need to be in a Batman mood to get a kick out of looking at that. Its beauty transcends Batman.

Last edited:
Has HT even attempted anything in the past that would match the Penguins body and frame?

I was turning cold to the Returns stuff and was contemplating only going to buy Keaton but I have had a real itchiness for both Penguin and Catwomen recently so bring them on.

Back