Hot Toys Amazing Spiderman Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think about it . It didn't look exactly like the teaser doe spidey and the avenger shots. It looked more like a confirmation that it was coming soon.

Well It had the cut off head image as with all of their recent teasers :dunno

I'm thinking they decided to hold off on TDKR stuff until after their Avengers marathon was over so they could space out the TDKR release dates until after those clear and people (who buy the Avengers figures and those spending their HT money elsewhere during the marathon) have cash to splurge on TDKR.

I wanna see the full reveal already for Spidey :impatient: :impatient:

So, seeing as the Andrew Garfield head sculpt is "battle damaged" does anyone think Hot Toys might only be doing one Spider-Man figure? I was hoping we'd be getting a regular Peter Parker head sculpt, but it doesn't look like it. I would like to think we'll be getting the Lizard because a bd faced Spider-Man would be best displayed opposite the Lizard. This also limits doing a Peter Parker custom a bit, at least if you're like me and don't want him to have cut on his face. lol. I also would have preferred they just give us a separate battle damaged Spider-Man, because he does look to get damaged quite a bit in the trailers.

Yup, I didn't really see it until someone pointed it out on Hot Toys FB page:

554668_392030820849581_100001279980097_1149288_472125389_n.jpg

It bummed me out. Here I was thinking we were possibly getting a "Peter Parker" Spider-Man kind of deal; back pack, camera, etc. Instead it looks like were getting a BD head sculpt with a normal suit. I'm even more interested in the full reveal now.

So, seeing as the Andrew Garfield head sculpt is "battle damaged" does anyone think Hot Toys might only be doing one Spider-Man figure? I was hoping we'd be getting a regular Peter Parker head sculpt, but it doesn't look like it. I would like to think we'll be getting the Lizard because a bd faced Spider-Man would be best displayed opposite the Lizard. This also limits doing a Peter Parker custom a bit, at least if you're like me and don't want him to have cut on his face. lol. I also would have preferred they just give us a separate battle damaged Spider-Man, because he does look to get damaged quite a bit in the trailers.

That would suck if this is the only figure. If they can make a 1/6 flying machine for Batman they can certainly make a BD Spidey.

A scratch to his face isn't battle-damaged to me.

That would suck if this is the only figure. If they can make a 1/6 flying machine for Batman they can certainly make a BD Spidey.

A scratch to his face isn't battle-damaged to me.

I know right?!

Well, whatever the scratch constitutes, it isn't a nice, clean looking Peter Parker. Will we always be denied a "normal"* Peter Parker head sculpt from Hot Toys? :lol

I don't consider the Toby Maguire head sculpt normal because it's when he's under the influence of the symbiote, et all.

I guess time will tell what we end up with, I'm not going to worry about it right now. If we at least get a mask accessory it won't be so bad.

Think there'll be a flesh coloured neck post under that collar?

If i like this enough i might buy a second and mod the collar off to have it more accurate for a maskless look

Hmm, it's tough to say for sure, but it looks like a separate piece of material where it meets the body (the third row down on his collar). Almost like they made the neck, covered the whole piece in costume, then attached it to the costumed body. Hopefully the full reveal will give us a better idea of what it going in the neck area.

I know right?!

Well, whatever the scratch constitutes, it isn't a nice, clean looking Peter Parker. Will we always be denied a "normal"* Peter Parker head sculpt from Hot Toys? :lol

I don't consider the Toby Maguire head sculpt normal because it's when he's under the influence of the symbiote, et all.

You gotta admit tho all the promo magazine pics and stuff always make him have bruises and cuts on his face.

No one wants an Emma Stone Hot Toys as Gwen Stacey? :lol:lol

That sucks though, I was looking forward to a normal Andrew Garfield headsculpt. Why they gotta do a battle damaged one is beyond me? Oh well, I mean, either way is fine by me and I'll still get it. :dunno

^... Just do this on the Black Spidey thread:
I tried a neck mod for mine and seems look pretty nice. Swapped the black neck for a flesh neck and rolled the fabric down to expose it a bit.
IMG_0048.jpg

And then just roll the fabric back up to cover it and you can't see the flesh underneath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back