Hot Toys Amazing Spiderman Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm really confused as to when people started thinking the previous trilogy was crap. maybe i'm losing my mind, but i was sure it was massively well received before the 3rd movie came out (with people generally applauding tobey as spidey) :dunno i must have slipped into a coma during the raimi spidey riots of 2008.

At the time I enjoyed the films, watching them back now though they haven't aged well, not like X-Men which is still as good today as it was 12 years ago

..or maybe, some people were never fond of the first three Spider-Man films and like what they are seeing better this time.

that's cool, but my point was that i just genuinely don't remember this level of dislike for raimi's films. i know there were a few people who disliked them at the time. not many. now it seems to be a LOT more. could be coz it's just fashionable these days to hate what's come before like EF said,

Also not really sure either. Whilst I can in no way be called a Tobey Maguire fan, I thought that he was pretty much terrible through all three films, with the third one being his worst, I do appreciate what they bought to the world of Spiderman.

To see a character like Spidey executed at anything like a decent level was amazing (and I do like SM:I, I especially SM:II and I like parts of SM:III) but Sam R really missed too often over three films and TM's casting was just one example.

Really looking forward to TAS as a new run at it.

that's cool, but my point was that i just genuinely don't remember this level of dislike for raimi's films. i know there were a few people who disliked them at the time. not many. now it seems to be a LOT more. could be coz it's just fashionable these days to hate what's come before like EF said,

At that time those spisey movies were all we had, everyone was so happy to actually see spiderman on the big screen and swinging. I loved those movies but tobey didnt act like spiderman should. This reboot seems to be taking the right direction on how the character should have acted all along. many fans loved the raimi movies but some of them wanted a better spiderman that wasnt dull and a peter parker who wasnt whiney and an Mj who wasnt ass ugly.

Those movies are great and will be sorely missed but but the whole reason why people are so excited for this new spiderman is becuase it s a chance to give depth to spiderman and peter parker and not just peter parker. I mean if you really look back at those movie's they were cheesy in some ways. This remake seems way more serious and edgy. Just my opnion.

There's going to be a lot of that going on, I agree, but I think a lot of people are excited about ASM because Peter Parker seems to be better cast. Sometimes people don't know what they want, but I think more people are just speaking up now because they have a reason to, not necessarily joining the bandwagon. Who knows though. :dunno

At that time those spisey movies were all we had, everyone was so happy to actually see spiderman on the big screen and swinging. I loved those movies but tobey didnt act like spiderman should. This reboot seems to be taking the right direction on how the character should have acted all along. many fans loved the raimi movies but some of them wanted a better spiderman that wasnt dull and a peter parker who wasnt whiney and an Mj who wasnt ass ugly.

Those movies are great and will be sorely missed but but the whole reason why people are so excited for this new spiderman is becuase it s a chance to give depth to spiderman and peter parker and not just peter parker. I mean if you really look back at those movie's they were cheesy in some ways. This remake seems way more serious and edgy. Just my opnion.

that's a pretty nice explanation. and the "ass ugly" part made me laugh :lol

i always saw those movies like the burton batman ones. there were liberties taken with the source material, but ultimately it created a universe that was still very cool and true to the characters even if it was the director's vision. plus, the way raimi directed it, it felt a lot like a moving spidey comic. my only worry about the new one is that it's going to stray from that colourful comicy feel, and edge towards some trendy, flashy, irony-overloaded, mumbling, indie-esque, modern social networking thing that movies like to do at the moment. i am interested to see if the darker feel works for spidey though.

as for cheesy, i always though spiderman was the cheesiest of the superheroes anyway. him and cheese go better together than... something that goes really well with cheese.

Cause something new is coming out. Same will happen with Nolans Batman and RDJ Iron Man when they are rebooted.

you so crazy :rotfl

I was a fan of the Raimi Spidey movies (minus the 3rd, I still don't believe it existed), but I alway did feel 1/2 of Tobey was right for Peter Parker.

See Spiderman in the silver screen was a dream I had since I was eight years old...

But I never, and I mean NEVER EVER, not for a second, buy Tobey as Peter Parker.

Always hated any scene when Parker appears, and everyone knows it was a LOT.

Like Garfield a lot more in the role, at least for pictures and trailers.

And won´t forget the REAL love interest, Gwen.... insteas of the redhead whore.

december? don't HT have about a million other things scheduled for that quarter?

I know, their scheduling sucks :lol

Yes to you maybe but he was bland at best to me. The suit was fine it's just that tobey spiderman wasn't that good and fans tolerated it because they thought that was as good as its gonna get.

I found Tobey to be quite bland too, he didn't exhibit Peter traits to me, and it looks like Garfield will.

People need to stop comparing this to Raimi's though, i like Raimi's but to me this looks to be better, but there is room for both, just like there is room for Jack's Joker and Heath's Joker :lecture

Hope we don't have to wait until Friday for this :pray:

See Spiderman in the silver screen was a dream I had since I was eight years old...

But I never, and I mean NEVER EVER, not for a second, buy Tobey as Peter Parker.

33p6b9h.jpg

WOW! That's a shade strong :lol but in all other things you are correct. I remember seeing the live-action TV series with Nick Hammond (where he's not a day under 30!) in the 70s and being happy to have it. And despite all the retcon-ing Stan 'The Man' Lee has done over the years to distance himself from the series, he was raving about it at the time.

But peterparkernypd has hit it exactly...to see old Web-head glide across the screen using modern FX techniques brought him to life in ways that just could not be achieved before.

Sadly and to me at least as I understand it, SamR was a) a bit too close to the source material - it does not always help to be too close b) he was hampered by a large amount of studio interference.

Like folks have said, the films deserve their place in our affection(not to say Bluray libraries) but there can always be room for more well made Spiderman.

I WANT TO ORDERRRRRRRRR :gah: :gah: :gah: :impatient:

we probably have another week ahead of us before this goes up for order.

I'm thinking IM MK7 this week (probably with Hulk Teaser) with Spidey next week.

I really want to see the Specs/Pics in hopes that they win me over

I'm thinking IM MK7 this week (probably with Hulk Teaser) with Spidey next week.

Spiderman will be before Mark VII, although USO Captain America will probably be before both

That would make no sense though

May 23rd = Spider-Man teaser
June 6th = Joker teaser
June 15th = Iron Man Teaser

If iron man comes first that means they are working backwards, servicing those waiting the longest last and those waiting the least first :cuckoo:

I know I haven't seen the movie yet, but for me I can't buy Garfield as Peter. I can't look at him and see an underdog or a nerd like Peter is supposed to be...too much of a pretty boy, imo. That guy wouldn't have trouble getting Gwen and Mary Jane at the same time!

It just reminds me of when a movie tries to have a model play a loser/nerdy girl and all they do to make her "ugly" is throw some glasses and a granny sweater on her. Then she ditches the glasses and is miraculously hot.

who knows though? he might be good. We'll see in a few days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back