Hot Toys Alien Covenant Xenomorph Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, all the sh** people give these movies gets old. At this point I think they do it to "fit in". Like it's the cool thing to bash them, and stone anyone who loves the franchise in it's entirety. I liken it to the bash Metallica train that people ride to death.

and aliens by Oldfart Scott come from that "shared DNA", too, but suddenly nobody sees a shared DNA in A1/A2...

...if anything like that was discovered by Ash/Bishop, it would be spoken.
Indeed.

All respect for O'Bannons script, but if it wasn't for RS we would have had just another B horror movie with a male star... we wouldn't even consider debating it in 2017.
Another B horror movie with a female star isn't exactly an improvement. :lol

yeah he was great and establishing a vital point as a person who visualized all that.
and that's all he is: a designer, a visualer.
not a director.
A few critics have picked up on this, and I think there's some substance to the accusation. After all, prior to directing feature films Scott was a set dresser for television commercials, so while he might have a good eye, I don't think he's the best storyteller, hence his famous argument with Harrison Ford over whether Deckard was a replicant or not, or, well, just about anything anyone does in Covenant.

Personally, all the sh** people give these movies gets old. At this point I think they do it to "fit in". Like it's the cool thing to bash them, and stone anyone who loves the franchise in it's entirety.
Anyone who claims to love this franchise "in its entirety" deserves all the ridicule he gets.

Last edited:
Indeed.

Another B horror movie with a female star isn't exactly an improvement. :lol

...I have to ask you. Why are you even interested in this thread if you think Alien is just another B movie? Well, there has to be a first time for everything I guess.

I think in another few years, most people will look at these new movies the same way people look at the Star Wars prequels. They're nowhere as good as the first two. I really like a lot of Scott's movies, but I wish James Cameron had continued this franchise. But I'm biased, because Aliens is probably my favorite movie of all time. Give me more Marines!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Indeed.

Another B horror movie with a female star isn't exactly an improvement. [emoji38]

A few critics have picked up on this, and I think there's some substance to the accusation. After all, prior to directing feature films Scott was a set dresser for television commercials, so while he might have a good eye, I don't think he's the best storyteller, hence his famous argument with Harrison Ford over whether Deckard was a replicant or not, or, well, just about anything anyone does in Covenant.

Anyone who claims to love this franchise "in its entirety" deserves all the ridicule he gets.
Haha the mere fact that you seem to take this personally,and seem to relish critisising others for liking something you can't.......hahaha...keep beating your chest I guess,someone will notice sooner or later

Sent from my HTC 2PS5200 using Tapatalk

Haha the mere fact that you seem to take this personally,and seem to relish critisising others for liking something you can't.......hahaha...keep beating your chest I guess,someone will notice sooner or later

Sent from my HTC 2PS5200 using Tapatalk

This.

Also, Covenant is the #1 movie in the world...yet all I see is posts like his taking a dump on everything. :dunno The internet is indeed full of keyboard warriors.

...I have to ask you. Why are you even interested in this thread if you think Alien is just another B movie? Well, there has to be a first time for everything I guess.
Being a B movie doesn't mean it's necessarily bad, just that all the high-flung philosophising that tends to get directed at it is misplaced.

Anyway, I visited the thread in the first place because I wanted to see what the Hot Toys Covenant xeno figure looked like.

I think in another few years, most people will look at these new movies the same way people look at the Star Wars prequels. They're nowhere as good as the first two. I really like a lot of Scott's movies, but I wish James Cameron had continued this franchise. But I'm biased, because Aliens is probably my favorite movie of all time. Give me more Marines!
Oorah!

Hush, dear, your projection is showing. ;)

This.

Also, Covenant is the #1 movie in the world...
MPAI.

Also, Covenant is the #1 movie in the world...yet all I see is posts like his taking a dump on everything.

To be completely honest, being the #1 movie doesn't mean nearly as much as it used to. The studios will manipulate how things are classified to get the title "#1 movie" (e.g. "#1 movie made by a Korean diplomat's estranged American daughter" gets shortened to "#1 movie" and plopped onto commercials with a few select bits of praise from publications to make it look successful). Not saying Covenant isn't a legitimate #1 movie right now, but the Ghostbusters remake also held the distinction of being a #1 movie as well, and that didn't make it good.

The film is underperforming greatly- HT won't touch it- Prometheus will make more money in the end and we can see what HT did with that license...

The movie releases this coming Friday in China. I'd say if we don't see anything by the end of this month, this figure is a done tom turkey.

Oh boy P...
:lol

Well, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but yours... oh boy.

so you quote a big post that describes what Ridley threw out of the movie, leaving it much more lifeless, with hollow characters, than it could be - and the only thing you react to is me disliking Scott :slap

The movie releases this coming Friday in China. I'd say if we don't see anything by the end of this month, this figure is a done tom turkey.

foreign reciepts are the only thing that is helping this movie attempt to break even. The US domestic take as I surmised hasn't even covered the budget, heck I doubt it even touched the marketing budget which had to equal the production budget considering all the hype it got. Well it fell flat as we all know.

As to if this figure makes it out, I really think it's a pipe dream now. They for sure won't make it and then they'll say that the 'alien' license is not worth their time since it makes no money. Out of any figures that COULD be made from Covenant, the only ones that I'd remotely consider would be this protomorph and a David/Walter. The rest nah.

Even if they did make it, it's not the Xeno we all know. It doesn't have the Giger biomechanical-ness to it so I'd much rather see another overpriced rubber statue of Big Chap from HT. Which of course, will never happen.

foreign reciepts are the only thing that is helping this movie attempt to break even. The US domestic take as I surmised hasn't even covered the budget, heck I doubt it even touched the marketing budget which had to equal the production budget considering all the hype it got. Well it fell flat as we all know.

As to if this figure makes it out, I really think it's a pipe dream now. They for sure won't make it and then they'll say that the 'alien' license is not worth their time since it makes no money. Out of any figures that COULD be made from Covenant, the only ones that I'd remotely consider would be this protomorph and a David/Walter. The rest nah.

I do like the protmorph. I think it look sufficiently creepy and would make a cool 1:6.

Back