Hot Toys Alien Covenant Xenomorph Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh and who can forget Alien girl......money well spent HT

Sent from my HTC 2PS5200 using Tapatalk

I think this will look great as a figure....
5403dabd43a07dfc8917d62a02e27bae.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Oh man,that would be amazing!

Let's not forget that Wolf predator is in the works as well and we all know what a box office success AVPR was . Lolo

And the Tonto figure,you can barely give them away,but yet HT insists on making thousands and thousands of these figures,limit them I say

If HT's Alien Warrior didn't sell as expected last year (even when the creature design was from the beloved Aliens), then I doubt HT will be interested in releasing anything from a mediocre movie with mediocre box office. I don't think the film is enough of a break-out success to lure anyone but the usual limited market of franchise fan boys to the merchandising table, and I don't think that's what HT is aiming for at this point.

Then they shouldn't have done an Alien Warrior to begin with. That thread is full of people wishing they'd released an updated Big Chap instead.

It's the same tired story. HT makes an irresponsible business decision with a non-Disney license, then when the figure inevitably sells poorly, they blame it on the license as a whole.

We've seen it with The Crow; HT used a ridiculous body, poorly-tailored clothes, and inaccurate hair length. There are 2008 releases that had more effort put into them.

We've seen it with the Alien Warrior 2.0; inaccurate paint apps, nonexistent articulation, insistence on the use of rubber, barely any useful accessories, and a base borrowed from the original Big Chap nearly ten years ago.

We're now seeing it with Ripley; a shoddy headsculpt that's been revamped several times along with a cartoon cat sculpt and a base borrowed from the Alien Warrior -- which, again, was borrowed from the original Big Chap nearly ten years ago.

They rarely touch these licenses and when they do, they do a piss-poor job, lose sales, and get to tell themselves they were right to stick mostly to Disney.

The smartest thing for HT to do would be to solicit a 2.0 Big Chap and original Predator. In 1/6 or 1/4, doesn't matter. Those are really the only guaranteed hot sellers from their respective franchises these days, especially with less-than-stellar reboots leaving fans with nostalgia for the originals.

They could then walk away from these licenses forever and they'd do it with fattened pockets as well (provided they do a proper job).

Last edited:
The smartest thing for HT to do would be to solicit a 2.0 Big Chap and original Predator. In 1/6 or 1/4, doesn't matter.
it really doesn't matter, because they will be made by Tsang and won't sell.

I personally don't like the direction Scott is taking the whole 'lore' but that's a different argument!

I actually like it. It's very clever. Engineers create humans from their own DNA, it's proven they/we are nasty horrific creatures (no surprises, since they/we share DNA). Welcome to the engineer/human condition, despite what we can do, all the beauty and grandeur we can and have achieved, so much of our history is largely a grand display of coming up with new and better ways to kill, and the cycle continues.

I actually like it. It's very clever. Engineers create humans from their own DNA, it's proven they/we are nasty horrific creatures (no surprises, since they/we share DNA).
and aliens by Oldfart Scott come from that "shared DNA", too, but suddenly nobody sees a shared DNA in A1/A2.
scott is dumb. ever since he got rid of all interesting parts of A1 and talked about insect hybrids and alien making a report with Ripley's voice.
oh, and morals aren't caused by DNA. all humans share it, but there are saints and thieves, also there are modern scientific cultures and cavemen terrorist cultures.
also this, of course.
DNA means that all creatures on earth come from the same biological system, period. if anything like that was discovered by Ash/Bishop, it would be spoken. aliens are aliens, space jockeys aren't nazi basketball humans.

Well, you can choose that... but it's not canon anymore ;-) ...and I don't really care about that. Every Alien movie since the original has been a different approach and has upset people. I like that.
The For me there is the Ripley trilogy and then the rest of the movies. I can enjoy those and don't get upset, because they aren't a part of the holy Ripley trilogy (yes, that forth one was a clone, doesn't count.)

I literally couldn't care less P.I only care about seeing the next movie,and enjoying where Ridley is taking this..........also wanting to see this figure that HT teased

and aliens by Oldfart Scott come from that "shared DNA", too, but suddenly nobody sees a shared DNA in A1/A2.
scott is dumb. ever since he got rid of all interesting parts of A1 and talked about insect hybrids and alien making a report with Ripley's voice.
oh, and morals aren't caused by DNA. all humans share it, but there are saints and thieves, also there are modern scientific cultures and cavemen terrorist cultures.
also this, of course.
DNA means that all creatures on earth come from the same biological system, period. if anything like that was discovered by Ash/Bishop, it would be spoken. aliens are aliens, space jockeys aren't nazi basketball humans.

Ridley's gone senile. Seems to have forgotten that Dan O'Bannon was the real driving force behind Alien, he just provided the pretty pictures and memorable art direction.

Ridley's gone senile. Seems to have forgotten that Dan O'Bannon was the real driving force behind Alien, he just provided the pretty pictures and memorable art direction.

All respect for O'Bannons script, but if it wasn't for RS we would have had just another B horror movie with a male star... we wouldn't even consider debating it in 2017.

All respect for O'Bannons script, but if it wasn't for RS we would have had just another B horror movie with a male star... we wouldn't even consider debating it in 2017.

yeah he was great and establishing a vital point as a person who visualized all that.
and that's all he is: a designer, a visualer.
not a director.
Every Alien movie since the original has been a different approach and has upset people. I like that.
erm, "the original" was the only movie that always made me fall asleep. it's so untalently done that it's hillarious. and i can imagine what it could be if scott didn't reject lots of scenes from the script and didn't replace it with 10-minutes still scenes.
alien exploring the ship.
alien contacting with electronics.
alien pirating a food store.
Ripley emotionally attached to Dallas and devastated byhis death.
lots of lesser scenes that weren't there, replaced by dumb staring and screaming.
not that all those scenes were genius or anything. but they were there. and they were replaced with nothing. if it was up to Ridley, he would make a movie starting with ALIEN logo, than 2 hours of empty corridors, than alien decapitates Ripley and speaks into the microphone.
well, that's what he did with his "blade runner". alien isn't the dumbest creation of his.
Well, you can choose that... but it's not canon anymore ;-)
the very words "it's not canon anymore" have no meaning and are a logical mistake.
I literally couldn't care less P.I only care about seeing the next movie,and enjoying where Ridley is taking this..........also wanting to see this figure that HT teased
it's ok.
you share 60% of your DNA with banana after all.

yeah he was great and establishing a vital point as a person who visualized all that.
and that's all he is: a designer, a visualer.
not a director.

erm, "the original" was the only movie that always made me fall asleep. it's so untalently done that it's hillarious. and i can imagine what it could be if scott didn't reject lots of scenes from the script and didn't replace it with 10-minutes still scenes.
alien exploring the ship.
alien contacting with electronics.
alien pirating a food store.
Ripley emotionally attached to Dallas and devastated byhis death.
lots of lesser scenes that weren't there, replaced by dumb staring and screaming.
not that all those scenes were genius or anything. but they were there. and they were replaced with nothing. if it was up to Ridley, he would make a movie starting with ALIEN logo, than 2 hours of empty corridors, than alien decapitates Ripley and speaks into the microphone.
well, that's what he did with his "blade runner". alien isn't the dumbest creation of his.

Oh boy P...
:lol

Well, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but yours... oh boy.

Back