Hot Toys ACS 05 Black Panther – Wakanda Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys- Black Panther T'Challa with Throne

I would have much rather preferred them to make this with the other black robe for T'Challa without the blue vest thing.

1_fT6GhhM_XVTdpP0XhspErQ.jpeg

But I agree with the resounding sentiment that the throne is the real catch here. I'd rather have it for T'Chaka.

I would have much rather preferred them to make this with the other black robe for T'Challa without the blue vest thing.

View attachment 419777

Exactly, I preferred that outfit as well. Not that crazy about the blue one. It looks too casual. I'd rather just have the throne and display it with an unmasked Black Panther. That said if this is the only way it's offered I'll definitely pick it up if solicited.

Exactly, I preferred that outfit as well. Not that crazy about the blue one. It looks too casual. I'd rather just have the throne and display it with an unmasked Black Panther. That said if this is the only way it's offered I'll definitely pick it up if solicited.

Did he even wear the blue outfit? I don't remember.

But T Chaka didn't use it any of the films. Am I the only one who wanted a civilian Panther figure? Like I saw the scene where Killmonger challenges him for the throne and thought that there's a hot toy....and here it is. Its no different than wanting that Steve Rogers figure from Winter Soldier which I was also dying to have. Now I wasn't collecting when that came out(I got it later). Were people then wanting that or mostly just wanting stealth Cap?

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

I don't think this will be released. Its only a show piece.

You could be right but they made Belle from Beauty and the Beast and that would have been one figure i would have never ever guessed they would make. I would think this would sell a lot better than her.

But T Chaka didn't use it any of the films. Am I the only one who wanted a civilian Panther figure? Like I saw the scene where Killmonger challenges him for the throne and thought that there's a hot toy....and here it is. Its no different than wanting that Steve Rogers figure from Winter Soldier which I was also dying to have. Now I wasn't collecting when that came out(I got it later). Were people then wanting that or mostly just wanting stealth Cap?

Definitely not...I would really like one as well. :) Hoping this makes it to release, although admittedly I just want the figure! :lol

I absolutely wanted one, I just never expected them to bother with it. Also I'd rather have the challenge ceremony outfit.

And i'm very aware T'Chaka never used the throne on screen, but that would be the same throne he sat in... I just think it would look pretty bada$$ having T'Chaka in full panther habit sitting on it rather than T'Challa. Maybe if they give Black Panther a cape in a future movie, that would look great on the throne too.

I would get this set for sure. I also got the Winter Soldier Cap 2 pack, I like having versions of characters in civilian clothes, but i'm just not into kit-bashing them myself.

They need to use a thinner fabric on the tunic. It's a little polar fleece-y right now.

That being said, while I like this a lot, it generally surprises me we didn't get a Waterfall Challenge T'Challa. I remember watching the movie and thinking "that's a convention exclusive figure right there if I've ever seen one".

I think the big mystery still is tactical Killmonger, who I suspect we will see once the suited version has been released and sold well. Don't want any cannibalism of sales.

I got the Stealth Cap set "later" - I know I was happy to have both 'coz of highway fight (even if I had to source a more accurate outfit for Cap re that scene). I'd get this - IMO it's interesting to have a non-costume fig on the shelf like Bruce Banner or Tony Stark mixed in.

Just that tallying up "wants" vs. "budget reality" LOL gets kind of harsh.

Really want this (getting all the BP figures so far and want Shuri, Okoye and especially a tactical suit Killmonger) subscribed!

Personally, I think Shuri had the best HT headsculpt at SDCC 2018.

They need to use a thinner fabric on the tunic. It's a little polar fleece-y right now.

That being said, while I like this a lot, it generally surprises me we didn't get a Waterfall Challenge T'Challa. I remember watching the movie and thinking "that's a convention exclusive figure right there if I've ever seen one".

I think the big mystery still is tactical Killmonger, who I suspect we will see once the suited version has been released and sold well. Don't want any cannibalism of sales.
Tactical Killmonger is a huge want for me too. I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger on the other. I'm not in love with that outfit.

Tactical Killmonger is a huge want for me too. I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger on the other. I'm not in love with that outfit.

That’s a good point that didn’t cross my mind when I was surprised he wasn’t shown at SDCC but Shuri and T’CoT were. Another reason that HT might be holding off on him, which a friend brought up while talking to me yesterday, is that HT’s typically gets burnt by MCU villains. I’d imagine that Killmonger would be in most people’s top favorite villains list because of how amazing MBJ’s portrayal of him but there is still that lingering fact that the reason HT doesn’t sell MCU villains is because they really do not sell. Right now Thanos is hot **** so they don’t really have to worry about his sales but no Yellowjacket, Ghost, Ronin, Maliketh, Ego, etc. are nowhere to be found.

The MAJOR exception is, In my opinion, Bucky. I was actually very surprised that it took them till SDCC to even show a prototype, regardless of the minimal screen time in IW.

Bucky has been in 4 films so far and we’ve just seen the 3rd figure for who I think is actually the MCU’s most popular villain as he’s gone from good guy, to bad guy, to confused guy, to hoping Rocket doesn’t steal his arm guy. My point is that villains that transcend the typical role of bad guy just to be bad have a better chance of acceptance just like Thanos (#ThanosWasRight) and Killmonger (#KillmongerWasRight). Both had huge followings with major discussion regarding their respective point of view.

That’s a good point that didn’t cross my mind when I was surprised he wasn’t shown at SDCC but Shuri and T’CoT were. Another reason that HT might be holding off on him, which a friend brought up while talking to me yesterday, is that HT’s typically gets burnt by MCU villains. I’d imagine that Killmonger would be in most people’s top favorite villains list because of how amazing MBJ’s portrayal of him but there is still that lingering fact that the reason HT doesn’t sell MCU villains is because they really do not sell. Right now Thanos is hot **** so they don’t really have to worry about his sales but no Yellowjacket, Ghost, Ronin, Maliketh, Ego, etc. are nowhere to be found.

The MAJOR exception is, In my opinion, Bucky. I was actually very surprised that it took them till SDCC to even show a prototype, regardless of the minimal screen time in IW.

Bucky has been in 4 films so far and we’ve just seen the 3rd figure for who I think is actually the MCU’s most popular villain as he’s gone from good guy, to bad guy, to confused guy, to hoping Rocket doesn’t steal his arm guy. My point is that villains that transcend the typical role of bad guy just to be bad have a better chance of acceptance just like Thanos (#ThanosWasRight) and Killmonger (#KillmongerWasRight). Both had huge followings with major discussion regarding their respective point of view.
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
Also if Killmonger doesn't sell I believe the choice of costume for the figure will be a factor.

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
Also if Killmonger doesn't sell I believe the choice of costume for the figure will be a factor.

Wait, what?

Seriously, maybe I’m just too tired but I didn’t understand that, please explain.

He might not sell well because of the panther suit he's in. I can see them making a tactical Killmonger down the line. Hasbro saw the demand for more figures after the film opened and had an amazing new wave at SDCC. I'm buying the **** out of those.

According to Dwight, Hasbro was TOLD to produce the second wave of BP figures. That’s why they are due out this year.

I suspect HTs was TOLD the same thing.

Back