Hot Toys ACS 05 Black Panther – Wakanda Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my throne today, it’s pretty nice, a bit wider than I was expecting.

I agree on the width; was taken back myself when I pull the box cover off & saw there was no spare room at the width. Plus in general it's a big chair well made but was not blown away from the paint app. in fact I was very disappointed with how the Wakanda symbols came out.

I agree on the width; was taken back myself when I pull the box cover off & saw there was no spare room at the width. Plus in general it's a big chair well made but was not blown away from the paint app. in fact I was very disappointed with how the Wakanda symbols came out.

Agreed on the paint!!! The paint in places is a little sloppy. Only thing I'm disappointed in.

4781e340fe9bb5140a32a367ee4e6dce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got a chance to unpack this tonight. I feel as if HT missed an opportunity to work with different materials on this piece and give us a variety of surface finishes and excitement from the film. No light up function, OK, but the seat is plastic and painted to look like wood? A real wood seat, along with accent trim would have given this plastic piece some authentic character while still being respectful of the character and the movie. Especially since I, along with most other HT BP owners, would never pose my BP figure on this throne (I plan on posing him standing along side it).

I want to like this piece more than I do out of the box The paint needs work and the overall character is not that dynamic. I may make my own mods; if I do, I will post them here.

Anyone with both have a preference for this or a single hall of armor?

If you have an iron man for it the hall of armor all the way. I for one I’m not willing to risk the damage to any of my black panther figures so they just stand next to it. The armors look so good in the hall of armor. If you have a figure to sit on the throne though it’s a toss up.

If you have an iron man for it the hall of armor all the way. I for one I?m not willing to risk the damage to any of my black panther figures so they just stand next to it. The armors look so good in the hall of armor. If you have a figure to sit on the throne though it?s a toss up.
I went ahead and threw my $25 coupon on the HOA. I figure the throne will eventually get a discount on it, or I'll wrangle myself a coupon. Thanks for your input!

I went ahead and threw my $25 coupon on the HOA. I figure the throne will eventually get a discount on it, or I'll wrangle myself a coupon. Thanks for your input!
If you have an iron man for it the hall of armor all the way. I for one I?m not willing to risk the damage to any of my black panther figures so they just stand next to it. The armors look so good in the hall of armor. If you have a figure to sit on the throne though it?s a toss up.
Follow up! Went for the HOA with my coupon and was rewarded with another $25 one. Throne here I come.

Back