1/6 Hot Toys 60's Batman figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 60s BATMAN, to me at least, was my first exposure to the character in live action. I did see the B/W serials but that was a while after...when I joined The Ritz Junior Club (my dad worked at the local cinema at the time).

For many, the first time you see a character like BATMAN, it leaves a very strong impression on you. And this did. I totally get it why people say things like how "...there will never be a better James Bond than Connery" and whilst I have grown up since that first sensory blast of sound, light and colour and my opinions are tempered with a little more world knowledge and general 'savvy' I still have this immense emotional connection to the flash and funky 60s BATMAN series. It was perfect for me in the late 60s and early 70s. And as iconic elements go, this version of BATMAN has already transcended beyond its TV pop-art roots. The theme music is recognisable globally, people are familiar with the "HOLY.........!!" (add appropriate word here) catch phrase and as for that car, well what can you say about that has not already been said?

Yes, perfect, or perhaps...puuuuuurfect, for me as a small boy in the late 60s. Just as Michael Keaton was perfect for the 80s and 90s, likewise Bale for the 00s onwards.

So pixeltwin, sorry for the offence...let's please try and not fall out over a subject we both enjoy and just try to look forward to these incredible releases (regardless of our own personal opinions on modifications).

Last edited:
I guess the anticipation for these figures, fuels the frustration too. :lol

Yeah, I watched the reruns as a kid growing up in the 80s.. but it's only been in the last 10 years or so, that I've really embraced the series properly.

It really doesn't help though, that the series is STILL not available for purchase. There's a gaping hole in millions of peoples' libraries at this point. :gah:

I cant wait for these figures! I love that they gave Batman the "bomb", that's how I will pose him. Unless someone plans on customizing a shark & rope ladder(anyone listening ???? ) These figures look great to me. I wish I could afford the Batmobile!

I cant wait for these figures! I love that they gave Batman the "bomb", that's how I will pose him. Unless someone plans on customizing a shark & rope ladder(anyone listening ???? ) These figures look great to me. I wish I could afford the Batmobile!

I plan on doing the shark scene diorama myself. Should be fun.

Sent from the TARDIS

Here are my 1/6 Batman and Robin. I wonder if the Hot Toys will be an upgrade?

attachment.php

Holy Smoking Bull's Danglers!!! How did I miss this picture? :panic:

Now those are really nice. Can you give us some more details/pictures? I also noticed a very smart George Reeves SUPERMAN custom at the back there. Would it be possible for you to pull him to the front and centre also? I would love HT to do these vintage versions of our favourite superheroes in lovingly reproduced details...dream lists anyone?

So, greatlakes.....pictures please,please,please, pretty please, please, see what I did there, please, please!

Now those are really nice. Can you give us some more details/pictures? I also noticed a very smart George Reeves SUPERMAN custom at the back there. Would it be possible for you to pull him to the front and centre also? I would love HT to do these vintage versions of our favourite superheroes in lovingly reproduced details...dream lists anyone?

So, greatlakes.....pictures please,please,please, pretty please, please, see what I did there, please, please!

Yes George Reeves Supes a must....
Six Million Dollar Man Steve Austin
Dr Smith & Robot
West and Artimus from Wild wild west

enough to get you going??

The 60s BATMAN, to me at least, was my first exposure to the character in live action. I did see the B/W serials but that was a while after...when I joined The Ritz Junior Club (my dad worked at the local cinema at the time).

For many, the first time you see a character like BATMAN, it leaves a very strong impression on you. And this did. I totally get it why people say things like how "...there will never be a better James Bond than Connery" and whilst I have grown up since that first sensory blast of sound, light and colour and my opinions are tempered with a little more world knowledge and general 'savvy' I still have this immense emotional connection to the flash and funky 60s BATMAN series. It was perfect for me in the late 60s and early 70s. And as iconic elements go, this version of BATMAN has already transcended beyond its TV pop-art roots. The theme music is recognisable globally, people are familiar with the "HOLY.........!!" (add appropriate word here) catch phrase and as for that car, well what can you say about that has not already been said?

Yes, perfect, or perhaps...puuuuuurfect, for me as a small boy in the late 60s. Just as Michael Keaton was perfect for the 80s and 90s, likewise Bale for the 00s onwards.

So pixeltwin, sorry for the offence...let's please try and not fall out over a subject we both enjoy and just try to look forward to these incredible releases (regardless of our own personal opinions on modifications).

You, good sir, are an honorable person!!!

Yes George Reeves Supes a must....
Six Million Dollar Man Steve Austin
Dr Smith & Robot
West and Artimus from Wild wild west

enough to get you going??

In order....

Super Yes please,
Super yes please,
Super Yes please,
Yes, that would be really great for some, but just not so much me personally.

Still, each to their own eh? I never really saw the wickedy, wickedy, whah, whah wild west series. I only ever saw the rather terrible movie with the giant mechanical spider (the leftover idea from the aborted Jon Peters' Superman film) so...I think that says it all. I will try to check out the source show and give it a go. I know that it has its fans so should be worth a watch.

Dream list?

1. Linda Carter - Wonder Woman
2.Julie Newmar - Catwoman
3.Buckethead

If 60's Bats and Robin haven't been shown they would be at the top.

DGT, I grew up with Robert Conrad and Ross Martin in Wild,Wild West so those would be two figures I would love to own. Would be cool too if HT made a 1/6th scale of their caboose with all their weapons and gadgets.

Add the following:

1. Green Hornet and Kato with 1/6 Black Beauty
2. Lynda Carter Wonder Woman (right on Raindog421)
3. Original Kirk and Spock
4. The Munsters
5. The Addams Family
6. Lost In Space
7. The Bionic Woman (in addition to Steve Austin)
8. The Andy Griffith Show (a Barney Fife would be too funny)

Tons more that I would love, but my memory ain't what it use to be...

Yes, to all the above. Exactly, I forgot Green Hornet. Really need a Hornet and Kato now that Batman and Robin are on the horizon.

Yes, to all the above. Exactly, I forgot Green Hornet. Really need a Hornet and Kato now that Batman and Robin are on the horizon.

I had the Enterbay Kato but sold him as it bugged me to have him and no Green Hornet. Man, the 60's to early 70's sure pumped out a lot of TV shows that are ripe for Hot Toys figures!

I would also add Ark II and Isis to the list, but that would really be hoping beyond hope...LL!

DGT, I grew up with Robert Conrad and Ross Martin in Wild,Wild West so those would be two figures I would love to own. Would be cool too if HT made a 1/6th scale of their caboose with all their weapons and gadgets.

Add the following:

2. Lynda Carter Wonder Woman (right on Raindog421)
3. Original Kirk and Spock
4. The Munsters
5. The Addams Family
6. Lost In Space
7. The Bionic Woman (in addition to Steve Austin)
8. The Andy Griffith Show (a Barney Fife would be too funny)

Well I cannot fault on those choices at all! Not too sure on Barney Fife so I will check him out too. But being a '66 BAT fan, well, The Green Hornet would be a 'natch.

I thought there was supposed to be a 1:18 scale Black Beauty at some point....which would be nice and would also fit into another part of our collection.

Wild Wild West is a just for me, so is Lost in Space. I absolutely loved those shows along with Batman.

I just rearranged my figures and will try and get some better photo's this evening. The George Reeves definitely deserves more attention amongst collectors.

I could not have said it better myself! :lecture

I stopped buying duplicates of stuff long ago due to space and financial constraints. However, I am seriously thinking of ordering 2 each of Batman, Robin, and yes, the '66 Batmobile.

Here are some better photo's of Batman, Robin, and the George Reeves Superman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back