1/6 Hot Toys 60's Batman figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mostly want them because the show got me really into Batman as a kid. Even though I remember seeing Burton's Batman as one of my earliest theater experiences this was really what got me hooked on the character (along with Batman: The Animated Series later). I watched the show every day after school on The Family Channel back when I was a kid. If I wasn't home I'd set my VCR to tape it. It's cheesy but a lot of fun and a great representation of Silver Age Batman.

As much as I love these, I will have to pass, same reason for passing on the 89 because I will be tempted to get the Batmobile which is going to cost a lot... :( Still have too much to save for...

Meh the Batmobile would be great to have but the figures still look great even if you don't get it in my opinion. I'm still undecided if I'll get the Batmobile or not. It's awesome and one of my favorite television/movie cars but it's going to come down to cost for me. I'm sure it'll be in the $500 or more range.

There were some new photos from STGCC, and they captured the "pondering" West most commonly associated with The Riddler episodes perfectly. Courtesy of Jun Teo from OSR:
A3CE7344-0A68-4478-83C7-47E87385B31C-289-0000002CE7A41CA0_zpsc0b07273.jpg

BB0C4B40-F3D1-481E-8A66-E4D3E30502DE-289-0000002CEF6FEE65_zpse41dba83.jpg

Crap.... maybe I don't have to get the 66' Batmobile.... heh that looks awesome!! Just too classic! I know I'm gonna cave...

Crap.... maybe I don't have to get the 66' Batmobile.... heh that looks awesome!! Just too classic! I know I'm gonna cave...

I'm going to try to afford the Batmobile, but if I can't I won't let it stop me picking up the figures :)

I'm going to try to afford the Batmobile, but if I can't I won't let it stop me picking up the figures :)
:goodpost: I'm in the same boat. I definitely want Batman and Robin but the Batmobile would really be the ultimate accessory for them. Have to see how much they want for it and what else is coming out I may want though.

I'd be up for the car if it came in around $500. Above $600 it'd want to have some super-cool features that I'd never use. I can't see myself posing the figures in the vehicle though, not if the materials snag as easily as CR Supes.

That's about my price point for it too. I could see it going over that though since the 66 Batmobile had a lot of little gadgets they could incorporate into it.

Obviously I'm excited for these but does anyone else think they look exceptionally weird body wise... Like more doll like than usual?

You'd think it would be easier to make these look good since they are so dorky looking to begin with but the base bodies and whatever they are doing to fill them out is just a mess.

The chunky visibility of the knees is really unsettling, west looks like he is wearing a diaper and his torso is really inhuman looking. And what's with the awkward baggy arms? I would like to see some refinement on the bodies before the release but every thing else looks great.

I know these are figures but i expect more, just look at how good The Reeves body looks in the spandex.

Obviously I'm excited for these but does anyone else think they look exceptionally weird body wise... Like more doll like than usual?

You'd think it would be easier to make these look good since they are so dorky looking to begin with but the base bodies and whatever they are doing to fill them out is just a mess.

The chunky visibility of the knees is really unsettling, west looks like he is wearing a diaper and his torso is really inhuman looking. And what's with the awkward baggy arms? I would like to see some refinement on the bodies before the release but every thing else looks great.

I know these are figures but i expect more, just look at how good The Reeves body looks in the spandex.

Yeah, this discussion was had a few pages ago. Hopefully HTs will address these issues upon release. I'm sure the joints will be more invisible when they put on the spandex tights under the suit which reduces the telegraphing of the joint lines. I'm pretty sure the CR Supes had this and so did the Spidermen and Hulk.

Yeah, this discussion was had a few pages ago. Hopefully HTs will address these issues upon release. I'm sure the joints will be more invisible when they put on the spandex tights under the suit which reduces the telegraphing of the joint lines. I'm pretty sure the CR Supes had this and so did the Spidermen and Hulk.

My recommendation: Bombard HT's Facebook page with everything from Photoshops and pleas. I'd do it, but I had my fill with the QS 001 Batman.:lol

I'm sure it'll be fixed on the final product. It's obvious the reason the joints are showing is that the suits are pretty much skintight so the joints are going to show. If they add a second undergarment that will probably help mask that a bit more. Plus to be honest even though the joints do show it's not really so bad that it's bothering me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back