1/6 Hot Toys 60's Batman figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it bad that the new DC '66 comic has me more excited for these figures than the TV show did?

Superman front

Superman back

Here is Robin

Here are some better photo's of Batman, Robin, and the George Reeves Superman

Thank you so much for that greatlakes6, that was a real treat. I am impressed indeed. I really like the Reeves/Superman. I appreciate how the deep neckline on the cape at Superman's back is captured correctly. I never really liked how it was done on the actual show costume that way, but never-the-less, it was there and the figure captures it well.

I can only imaging how much they must have set you back....three or so thousand, more?

The Reeves actually looks much better in person, the iPad doesn't do any of these figures justice.

As far as price goes, I think I paid about $700 for the Batman and Robin. Believe it or not, the Reeves was only about $185.

The Reeves actually looks much better in person, the iPad doesn't do any of these figures justice.

As far as price goes, I think I paid about $700 for the Batman and Robin. Believe it or not, the Reeves was only about $185.

:horror Well you have been well served there my friend. I'd happily drop $185 (at today's rate that's £118 UK) on a good George/Superman, and $700 (£448 UK) for decent customs of Adam and Burt is also really good going.

Well done, and thanks again for the picture. So will you jump or stick and wait to see?

THAT Robin is SCARY good. Amazing work. You should be doing the prototypes for these figures.

Thank you, but I had the Batman and Robin made for me. I wish had even half the talent that these sculptors do.

I'm definitely getting the HT Batman and Robin. Not sure what I will do with the two that I have.

Just to make sure you actually recognise 'fat'...

This IS it

Fat-Batman.jpg

It's PAT-man.

The 60s BATMAN, to me at least, was my first exposure to the character in live action. I did see the B/W serials but that was a while after...when I joined The Ritz Junior Club (my dad worked at the local cinema at the time).

For many, the first time you see a character like BATMAN, it leaves a very strong impression on you. And this did. I totally get it why people say things like how "...there will never be a better James Bond than Connery" and whilst I have grown up since that first sensory blast of sound, light and colour and my opinions are tempered with a little more world knowledge and general 'savvy' I still have this immense emotional connection to the flash and funky 60s BATMAN series. It was perfect for me in the late 60s and early 70s. And as iconic elements go, this version of BATMAN has already transcended beyond its TV pop-art roots. The theme music is recognisable globally, people are familiar with the "HOLY.........!!" (add appropriate word here) catch phrase and as for that car, well what can you say about that has not already been said?

Yes, perfect, or perhaps...puuuuuurfect, for me as a small boy in the late 60s. Just as Michael Keaton was perfect for the 80s and 90s, likewise Bale for the 00s onwards.

So pixeltwin, sorry for the offence...let's please try and not fall out over a subject we both enjoy and just try to look forward to these incredible releases (regardless of our own personal opinions on modifications).

Too true!

I fear that with Hot Toys current cash cow Iron Man receiving all the attention, the '66 Batman window will die out fast and all we'll end up with is Batman, Robin and maybe the Batmobile.

I wish but I have a feeling it could be a while. The Batmobile first announced last year but we still haven't seen anything new on it yet either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back