Hot Toys- 300 - King Leonidas spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:slap D'oh! I never sat through this movie to the end. In fact I only lasted 20 minutes before I could no longer bear it. But had I known they were all going to die I might've just sat it out :lol

Missing out on an amazing movie bud. Awesomeness happens.

Also, why would you want the figure from it if you couldn't stand it?

Missing out on an amazing movie bud. Awesomeness happens.

Also, why would you want the figure from it if you couldn't stand it?

I've got the movie sitting around, I'll give it another go when I get some down time :)

As for why I'd want the figure, cos it's BADASS! :lol I know to a lot of collectors they want the movie to be good before they'll commit to a figure, but for me I'll be just as interested in a figure if the character design is well done. I'm hanging out for the Sucker Punch figures, regardless of what the movie is like also.

I still haven't seen most of Zac Snyder's films, but the man knows how to come up with a cool looking character :bow

I've got the movie sitting around, I'll give it another go when I get some down time :)

As for why I'd want the figure, cos it's BADASS! :lol I know to a lot of collectors they want the movie to be good before they'll commit to a figure, but for me I'll be just as interested in a figure if the character design is well done. I'm hanging out for the Sucker Punch figures, regardless of what the movie is like also.

I still haven't seen most of Zac Snyder's films, but the man knows how to come up with a cool looking character :bow

For me its the other way around, I could buy a plain and pretty boring figure if the character and movie meant much for me. Like T1 Sarah Connor, would buy that instant.

For me its the other way around, I could buy a plain and pretty boring figure if the character and movie meant much for me. Like T1 Sarah Connor, would buy that instant.

Yeh, me too - I have three 'themes' that I am building my collection around:

1) movies or TV shows that have an impact on me, now and as a kid
2) characters that have strong visual appeal
3) military figures (not because I'm a military buff but 'cause my favourite toys as a kid were my toy soldiers).

Number 1) is why I'm hanging out for so many figures that haven't been licensed yet - Karate Kid, Clint's movies, BTTF, Dexter, Pulp Fiction etc. None of these make for strong character design, but I love the characters themselves.

King Leo sits in the Number 2) slot for me, but maybe once I give the movie a chance he'll belong in the first category too. And the third too, come to think of it :)

What do you think would be a good figure to start with for an immortal bash. I was thinking of picking up a G.I. Joe red ninja. I could dye the clothing black and sculpt a mask to cover the face. Is there a better figure out there to start with? Any input would be very welcomed.

Finally purchased this figure and have to say it is amazing.

Loved the movie and character but initially passed on this as new to collecting Hot Toys. Due to limited funds, i had to be selective.

think this is my favourite figure out of the lot. Wish i had of snapped him up at retail rather than pay over the odds now though.

Finally purchased this figure and have to say it is amazing.

Loved the movie and character but initially passed on this as new to collecting Hot Toys. Due to limited funds, i had to be selective.

think this is my favourite figure out of the lot. Wish i had of snapped him up at retail rather than pay over the odds now though.

Congrats, and welcome to the forum :) He won't get any cheaper than he is now - sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet to secure your grails.

cheers mate, indeed, pleased i managed to get at least a few at retail prices before i started to look at past Hot Toys. Insane prices but worth every penny !!

Good to see Leo still being talked about. What a figure, it's hard for me to say which is my favourite figure I own but this is definitely right up there, couldn't fault him. Shame HT never gave us at least one more figure from the film even though he's a great stand alone, I'd snapped up an immortal straight away.

I'm still trying to find this figure for under $300!

Who would you think would win in a battle?

Prince Dastan vs Leonidas?

A Persian vs A Spartan :p

Back