Hot Toys- 300 - King Leonidas spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see folks are getting him and happy with him. I think he's my new fav. Though he may be toppled by T2 Arnie.

Gotta get around to watching 300 again soon. But there was great 2.5 hour documentary about the Spartans on last week on UK's Channel 4. Though only half way through I learned loads about the Spartans and we were shown a 'real' Leonidas statue. The host was also a consultant on 300 I believe.

just a quick question, i just got my leonidas today, and based on the instruction manual, arms are able to swing forward and backward, i tried to move it forward but its not moving, im afraid if a force it i might brake it, any thoughts on this one?

I'm the same way Eamon. With how fragile these figures are I'll pose it whatever way is easiest on the joints. Heck one time I was trying to bend a TT leg the right way and it snapped. I've had several experiences like this. So now my motto is if it doesn't move easy move on.

I'm the same way Eamon. With how fragile these figures are I'll pose it whatever way is easiest on the joints. Heck one time I was trying to bend a TT leg the right way and it snapped. I've had several experiences like this. So now my motto is if it doesn't move easy move on.

Yup!! 'Write it down!!'.... is the term folks tend use around here a somewhat. :)

Just got this sucker in today and can easily say it was the best decision I've ever made in my 1/6 collecting career. The rubber body is phenomenal. The armor bits and shield - all the accessories are perfect and the red cape (something I was fearing would come off too 'toy' like) drapes fantastically over the body. I've got some really renowned figures in my collection - DX Joker, Cannibal Jack Sparrow, and The Godfather - and this trumps them all. Brilliant figure :rock

I have too many figures that I think are really ace to be able to come up with a favourite. Though when I get the T2 and T1 figures those are all likely to be my most treasured figures.

Very true ..but my Ironman M1 set the bar very high ...still my best figure and ive got some really fantastic figures since him.

here here. If the face would have been the quality of the Test Tony there would be very little in my opinion that would or could come close to it. Mark 1 is brilliant.

Alter Ego needs to get Leonidas shipped!

My Leonidas is here, my comic store just got it in $120 flat. I can't wait to have the half naked Spartan in my hands, um scratch that, I cant wait to feel the abs and muscles on this, um damn, I am getting Leo tonight, ahhh much better.:joy

So I got this. Yah... not such a fan. The thing does not feel like it can bend even 3 degrees in any direction... he's really bland without posing...

Not happy with it :(

I think i hate the most that aside from twisting the neck on the ball 180 degrees the neck can not hold poses when you try and pose it to the side or up or down. it just snaps back into the vertical straight position :( Wolverine did not have this problem.

Last edited:
On the plus side though stunning paint details!! But i was expecting that... but totally underwhelmed with this a a whole... it looks bland without posing and any poses I've attempted and now shifted through the thread. look unnatural... except of course standing straight or with a slight elbow bend or something...

Why Hellboy rubber? Dutch rubber for example bent so much easier.

I WILL say that after more fiddling I'll retract my earlier hasty statement of saying I do not like it.... I like it there's a lot of great things about it,...but I'm still quite disappointed overall.

Last edited:
I really love this figure, the details on the armor, the body, cape and shield are very nice. I do prefer the regular HS over the more aggressive one, it looks better with the helmet on. I do agree with Raymond Ferraro, the neck does not want to hold a pose very well, whereas the Wolverine was very flexiable, also I liked the rubber on the Wolverine better than Leonidas, it is like the Hellboy and all the little bits from the cape stick to it. As a whole I really like this figure and now I hope they make an Immortal to give Leonidas some company.

Back