Hot Toys- 300 - King Leonidas spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It happened because those rubber cylinders that hold the shelf up came loose on one side and the shelf collapsed. I've fixed it up since then and redirected some of the weight.

mmm check the bars which are holding the shelves are inside the frame, I ve seen some people here build them so the bars are on the outside......leading to unfortunate situations like you've described

I've finally decide I must have this figure. I was wondering though, has anyone had any issues with the rubber body yet.

No issues on mine.
But I've been wanting to swap the body with either ACI's or Kaustik Plastik's new bodies. Haven't seen any one use the ACI yet though.

I've finally decide I must have this figure. I was wondering though, has anyone had any issues with the rubber body yet.

No issues yet, though in 3-5 years' time though who can say. I don't pose mine at all, ever. It may be that I'll try to pose the figure in a year or so and the arm will drop off. That's the problem with rubber, often you won't know how badly deteriorated something is until reposing or a shelf-fall. But if this thread is anything to go by, so far so good for everyone who has this figure.

I kind of figured that this figure wasn't old enough to truly know for sure yet how the rubber will hold up.

I kind of figured that this figure wasn't old enough to truly know for sure yet how the rubber will hold up.

I think Sarah Connor showed problems early on, with the elbow joint deteriorating - though that may have been more to do with the underlying armature placing pressure on the outer rubber. Same goes for EB's GoD Bruce Lee, that was a disaster from the outset. So for nothing to have been reported on this figure to date is reassuring.

I really wish I had purchased it when it first came out. The best value I've seen so far was $350 used. Thats alot of money for a rubber figure that is likely already a few years into what may be a short life. Right?

I really wish I had purchased it when it first came out. The best value I've seen so far was $350 used. Thats alot of money for a rubber figure that is likely already a few years into what may be a short life. Right?

I shelled out nearly $400 for OC Bats a while back and have never regretted it. But I'm not much for posing my figures, ie they're handled very rarely. I'd say that if you're happy to leave Leo in a fairly neutral pose for most of the time, and your environment is also pretty neutral (ie no extreme heat or cold or humidity) chances are he'll last many, many years :)

I keep all of my figures in a glass case and I even sealed the edges so air won't circulate through. Oh and I put a dehumidifier and air filter in the room, and of course their also out of direct sun light. haha I think it's safe to say I've created a good environment for my collectibles. With how many re-issues HT is doing now I almost wonder if I should just wait for a remake or at the least another spartan character.

picture.php

picture.php

My Leonidas' are my favourite in my collection and I have had absolutely zero problems with them. The rubber seems to be some of the higher quality rubber that HT has used over the last few years.

The red cape doesn't seem to be leaving any marks or stains either. I'd say $350 used is a fantastic price for King Leo as it's pretty rare to get a brand new mint in box for under 500 nowadays.

It's just so much money.. ugh. I'm sure you all are alot like me and once you hypnotize your self into wanting a figure it's pretty much an inevitable purchase. I have a big collection and it just seems empty with out leo. I actually assembled a king leonidas costume that sold for $750 on ebay a few years back. This guy came out right around the time I began collecting hot toys. If I hadn't been such a newb at the time he would have never slipped under my radar.

It's just so much money.. ugh. I'm sure you all are alot like me and once you hypnotize your self into wanting a figure it's pretty much an inevitable purchase. I have a big collection and it just seems empty with out leo. I actually assembled a king leonidas costume that sold for $750 on ebay a few years back. This guy came out right around the time I began collecting hot toys. If I hadn't been such a newb at the time he would have never slipped under my radar.

sigpic4605_12.gif

you guys wanna see the pics of the costume I assembled. It was pretty cool in the end. very uncomfortable though surprisingly enough.

I'm down loading them now, I would have just posted rather than asking but considering this costume is basically just you in a speedo. I thought I should ask haha.

Back