Hot Toys- 300 - King Leonidas spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a great ht I had the pleasure of owning one for awhile I sold it last month for $450. Plus 400 is the going rate it's pretty much up their with Blade

If my transcation goes ahead this will be my christmas gift to myself. Its hard to justify spending so much but this, along with HT Godfather are my two most sought after figures.

If my transcation goes ahead this will be my christmas gift to myself. Its hard to justify spending so much but this, along with HT Godfather are my two most sought after figures.

Once you can justify paying the $200+ these things are costing MSRP nowadays, dropping another $300 on your grail isn't that much of a stretch :)

That may or may not be true. The worst thing is when a figure is hyped up too much. The end result can therefore be under expectations.

Have you got this figure yourself Lejuan?

That may or may not be true. The worst thing is when a figure is hyped up too much. The end result can therefore be under expectations.

Have you got this figure yourself Lejuan?

Yeh, Leo was one of my first 1/6 figures, I managed to pick him up MSRP - but I've dropped $400 each grail hunting Don Vito and OC Bats and was happy to pick them up for that money. I personally think Leo is an awesome figure, but the question hanging over it is whether the rubber will stand the test of time. So far there don't appear to have been any complaints about the body rotting as with Comedian, Sarah Connor etc but it's a gamble you should factor into the purchasing of any rubber figure. And I don't think this figure is over-hyped, it really is outstanding imo.

From what i've read the figure seems to be holding up well. Ill be looking into the Godfather shortly; seen a few around for a decent price. I like to look at these figures or 'grails' as an investment, rather than a heavy cost.

I like to look at these figures or 'grails' as an investment, rather than a heavy cost.

Have you considered the danger that the rubber on Leonidas might deteriorate over time? With the current price of the figure already at a very high level it might take a long time until you can make a solid return on the investment, and that might be too long for the rubber.

Have you considered the danger that the rubber on Leonidas might deteriorate over time? With the current price of the figure already at a very high level it might take a long time until you can make a solid return on the investment, and that might be too long for the rubber.

When I said I looked at them like an investment, I didn't mean I was going actually re-sell them.

I understand the QC issues with any rubber figure such as Bats and Comedian but from what I have read, the rubber used for Leonidas has different properties from the likes of Bats ect. and therefore Leo may never leak.

But what do I know:dunno

Well my Leo's for sale and I've had him boxed MIB since release and he's perfect as the day I got him.
Superb figure and very imposing.

All I have to say is king leonidas is one badass figure! I have displayed mine since day one and still no leakage. Don't keep him in the hot attic where it could melt or freeze in the winter. Rubber can expand and dry up due to weather. Keep that in mind.

You know as much as the rest of us on Leo's longevity. Just press the button already, you know it'll keep you up at night's until you have him on your shelf :lol

No I honestly dont know what im talking about:monkey1
I just take others word for it.
As for 'pressing the button', I have already arranged a deal with a local seller.

Back