Hot Toys- 300 - King Leonidas spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think he ever makes that pose in the movie so why even try it???

I think the more important question to ask should be why advertise an item able to perform a certain function then release it unable to perform said function. I'm no expert on this subject, but it seems a bit like "bait-and-switch."

BTW, mishu2nite, the Hot Toys customer service email is [email protected]. However, when I emailed them a couple weeks ago about the fragility of this figure's right shoulder, I got no reply. Also, I hope Urban Collector doesn't just brush this problem off on you. I had a single poor experience with them awhile back & will no longer shop there.

Yeah Urban Collector just said deal with it through hot toys. I'll never buy from them again, lesson learned.

Of all the poses I was able to achieve with mine, I found myself happiest with a relaxed pose, him peering out menacingly from behind his helmet. I guess I'll consider myself lucky!

I got my Leo from Alter Ego and after reading about Raymond's trouble and a few others I was pretty nervous. First thing I did was try the right shoulder out as soon as I opened it. It wouldnt move. So the first thing I did was email Alter Ego about it. The response I got from them was sorry but they were all out of the figure, but he would contact Sideshow about it. After reading a post from a member about slowly working with to get it lose I tried it and got it to work. About a week later I got an email form Alter Ego saying that Sideshow was able to find a replacement and they gave me instructions on how to make the exchange. I thanked them and told then I no longer needed it. That was my Leonidas experience and I can say it worked out well for me. The guys at Alter Ego are awesome and that is why they are my supplier.

Oh and their prices are awesome.

Yeah I noticed the more you work it back and forth the easier and the more loose it becomes. At first I was thinking I got one that had a bad shoulder. I still get nervous whenever I move the arms.

I got my Leo from Alter Ego and after reading about Raymond's trouble and a few others I was pretty nervous. First thing I did was try the right shoulder out as soon as I opened it. It wouldnt move. So the first thing I did was email Alter Ego about it. The response I got from them was sorry but they were all out of the figure, but he would contact Sideshow about it. After reading a post from a member about slowly working with to get it lose I tried it and got it to work.
ME!!!:yess: Yeah guys you just got to work it slowly...like loosening up a sore, strained muscle.

Yeah alter ego is the bomb.

well if you look at almost every pic of every figure they all are a bit misleading....sneaky aren't they...I've had no problem posing my Leo. I did have a hard time switching heads though...

Well got mine today finally,all there is to say is WOW what an awesome looking figure. I'm a bit nervous about moving it to much & I can't see me attempting to switch the head very soon, but I've never planned any extreme poses & 10 mins in & I think I found the keeper pose anyway, semi classical with his helm resting halfway down his head as many of the classical references show the greeks wearing them when not in combat. The only thing to make this figure better would to make it with true historical armour & weapons, but that wouldn't be leonidas from 300 then would it. very solid figure & no joint issues for me, heres' hoping the rubber will go the distance

It's here .....

005-29.jpg

006-29.jpg

009-26.jpg

007-25.jpg

008-27.jpg

:clap:clap:clap

Here's a couple of quick snaps of mine :yess:
I know some of the discount stores sell cheap resin pieces that look like greek pillars so I might have look next time I'm out for something in scale

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Loving the who Greekl think there shocktrooper_au!! :clap

Love the figure, but just can't look beyond the awful film. :slap

Hence, it's a pass for me.

Statement like this annoy the crap outta me.:gah:

Ewe Ball movies are aweful. AVP R. That's an aweful movie.

300 was just not to your particular taste but it is by no means an aweful movie.

I cannot stand Twilight or Harry Potter but I ain't gonna call them aweful movies as I know well made and concieved.

Love the figure, but just can't look beyond the awful film. :slap

Hence, it's a pass for me.

And Mr. Stark wrote this in a Predator thread

Please, HT, no more instalments for Predator (1, 2, whatever), the franchise is lame and overdone.

Boy this guy is full of positive comments, if you hate everything then why even bother going on this website. There are several figures made from movies that I dislike, so I don't go on those threads. 300 rocked and the figure is top notch. Im with Eamon on this "Statements like this annoy the crap outta me."

Statement like this annoy the crap outta me.:gah:

Ewe Ball movies are aweful. AVP R. That's an aweful movie.

300 was just not to your particular taste but it is by no means an aweful movie.

I cannot stand Twilight or Harry Potter but I ain't gonna call them aweful movies as I know well made and concieved.

I'm assuming you mean Uwe Boll but yeah, if you want to know how not to make a movie you can pick anyone of his movies.

I liked the movie. Once you get past the fact it bears little to no relation to historical events I can just sit back and enjoy it. I never read the comic before hand but looking back they stuck really well to source material.

Tony Stark's comments are lame and overdone.

To be fair, 300 it is actually rather close to historical fact. Not in looks now, but in story.

Leonidas did indeed hold back the Persian army with what is told as 300 men. Xerxes was considered a god King.

Check out anything by historian Bettany Hughes. ;)

Back